Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

is there a Sampler or app that can detect tempo and pitch in real time yet?

Is there a Sampler or app that can detect tempo and pitch in real time?
So far i only noticed info here about Beatmaker and Virsyn, but aug 2018.

anything new?

Comments

• What are you exactly trying to achieve?

• edited January 2020

@TheDubbyLabby said:
    What are you exactly trying to achieve?

i want to import, convert samples or parts of songs and be able to arrange them in real time, also be able to create instruments of my own from samples.

im planning to import them in bloc waves ios as it allows you to change keys and tempo of music in real time, anything better pleas l me know

• edited January 2020

Good question. My impression is that a number of DJing programs work more reliably than the standalones that I know of, although I've not yet seen one that nails the pitch part everytime.

Check this shootout for pitch/scale detection. It's old but very interesting and most likely still valid to some extent:
    https://djtechtools.com/2015/11/16/key-detection-software-comparison-2015-edition/

Most software that can detect pitch will also detect bpm so I would suggest to choose by the former.

Since I'm quite sure that there's no sampler on iOS with such features, I'd use desktop software for classifying and sorting your files, then bulk-import the files group by group.

• No app (neither tablet nor desktop) can do this in realtime - there's always a buffer required (to analyze data), shorter for pitch, longer for beats (stating the obvious).

Some guitar/bass pickup systems do it very fast by skipping low frequency content (which takes the longest time to process), but this works only because the spectral performance of the instrument is known in advance.

Since you're about to import existing samples, you can do the analysis offline... and for Blocs you better do. Iirc it uses such information if it's included in the sample's file name or possibly metadata.
    The pitch/time scaling of Blocs is rather drastic... (matter of taste)
    When importing a personal sample captured on the fly without this information, Blocs will ask for it. Typing in wrong values will spoil the playback significantly.

• @Telefunky said:
    Since you're about to import existing samples, you can do the analysis offline... and for Blocs you better do. Iirc it uses such information if it's included in the sample's file name or possibly metadata.
    The pitch/time scaling of Blocs is rather drastic... (matter of taste)
    When importing a personal sample captured on the fly without this information, Blocs will ask for it. Typing in wrong values will spoil the playback significantly.

BlocsWave is not perfect but the combination of bpm and key support with random loop selection that can be used in a jam session immediately is somewhat unique - please tell us anyone if there's an alternative on iOS.

• Mmmm I will suggest Serato Studio for this task.

• edited January 2020

@Telefunky said:
    No app (neither tablet nor desktop) can do this in realtime - there's always a buffer required (to analyze data), shorter for pitch, longer for beats (stating the obvious).

it can be done in logic and live, but not initially in real time but after the main tempo and key-pitch is determined.

i can import or simply drag drop audio loops into the daw arrange window and snap them to the length count chosen or vise versa, i can also choose a key and then adjust this.

I was hoping this was possible on ios, i cant why it is not yet,

i guess that it will improve in the future, like the possibility of adding audio into any song arrangement and its bpm and key is determined in real time on the fly with the option of right clicking on the audio to choose a 3rd, 5th, change pitch and even automation,

who ever nails this one will be rich if you ask me.

• edited January 2020

@GavrielProductions said:

@Telefunky said:
    No app (neither tablet nor desktop) can do this in realtime - there's always a buffer required (to analyze data), shorter for pitch, longer for beats (stating the obvious).

it can be done in logic and live, but not initially in real time but after the main tempo and key-pitch is determined.

i can import or simply drag drop audio loops into the daw arrange window and snap them to the length count chosen or vise versa, i can also choose a key and then adjust this.

I was hoping this was possible on ios, i cant why it is not yet,

i guess that it will improve in the future, like the possibility of adding audio into any song arrangement and its bpm and key is determined in real time on the fly with the option of right clicking on the audio to choose a 3rd, 5th, change pitch and even automation,

who ever nails this one will be rich if you ask me.

What's your definition of "real time"?
    If you want to drop your files and expect your DAW to instantly detect key and bpm, you'll have to tag your files with this info before importing so all the files don't have to be scanned.
    This is possible today, see BlocsWave, AudioLayer, NanoStudio 2 etc.
    Changing and editing harmonies in audio files (at least in separate stems) like in Melodyne ... I've been wishing for something like that many years ago but it seems like not enough iPad users want it.

I could imagine that GarageBand will get this soon-ish.

• @rs2000 said:

@Telefunky said:

it can be done in logic and live, but not initially in real time but after the main tempo and key-pitch is determined..

If you want to drop your files and expect your DAW to instantly detect key and bpm, you'll have to tag your files with this info before importing so all the files don't have to be scanned.
    Changing and editing harmonies in audio files (at least in separate stems) like in Melodyne ... I've been wishing for something like that many years ago but it seems like not enough iPad users want it.

There are various versions of melodyne, the full blown version allows you to do it all including tune drums, arrange a song while auditioning parts in other keys,

I say many iPad users who own Eventide’s blackhole reverb etc etc and use their devices on a pro level would love this.

But when i say real time i talking an app that can detect the tempo and pitch the moment you choose the file before you even import it, in other words an option to audition it, crop and even change pitch before Importing anything rather then using a sampler and transferring files between apps,

ATM logic and live can change audio tempo and pitch like midi during playback IN REAL TIME

• @GavrielProductions said:

@rs2000 said:

@Telefunky said:

it can be done in logic and live, but not initially in real time but after the main tempo and key-pitch is determined..

There are various versions of melodyne, the full blown version allows you to do it all including tune drums, arrange a song while auditioning parts in other keys,

I say many iPad users who own Eventide’s blackhole reverb etc etc and use their devices on a pro level would love this.

But when i say real time i talking an app that can detect the tempo and pitch the moment you choose the file before you even import it, in other words an option to audition it, crop and even change pitch before Importing anything rather then using a sampler and transferring files between apps,

ATM logic and live can change audio tempo and pitch like midi during playback IN REAL TIME

They can change but not detect these in realtime. That's what tags or metadata are for.

• Cubase has a very good tempo detection function and you can also map tempo manually with time warp tool.

I'm looking for something similari for IOS

• @arfo62 said:
    Cubase has a very good tempo detection function and you can also map tempo manually with time warp tool.

I'm looking for something similari for IOS

sEGments by Elliot Garage can do this.

• Djay by Algoriddim…

• Thanks you, @HotStrange and @BITCRUSHER, does It works in whole songs?
    I have Koala,yet, but - if I don't miss something - It works only on few bars...

• @arfo62 said:
    Thanks you, @HotStrange and @BITCRUSHER, does It works in whole songs?
    I have Koala,yet, but - if I don't miss something - It works only on few bars...

You mean detecting the bpm and key of an entire song? I haven’t tried that so I’m not sure actually.

• Mainly detecting bpm, I can find Key by myself 😉

• @BITCRUSHER said:
    Djay by Algoriddim…

I use Djay all the time. The free version works well. I’ve only ever used the app for bpm and key detection!