Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Observations

Comments

• With regard to guests: Wordsworth later described Coleridge to a mutual friend as “an absolute nuisance” who “was rotting out his entrails by intemperance.” When not dosing himself with laudanum, Coleridge drank gin, and often woke screaming in the night, terrifying Wordsworth’s family.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    With regard to guests: Wordsworth later described Coleridge to a mutual friend as “an absolute nuisance” who “was rotting out his entrails by intemperance.” When not dosing himself with laudanum, Coleridge drank gin, and often woke screaming in the night, terrifying Wordsworth’s family.

That description covers the majority of my friends.

• Not sure if you'll be able to get to this if you're not a subscriber (maybe):

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/16/travel/rock-tour-diary.html

Tears For Fears tour piece by one of the B-team (the Band) rather than one of the A-team (the Artists, which means Curt Smith and Roland Orzabal)....

• TIL Gene Roddenberry wrote lyrics for the Star Trek theme, never intending for them to be used. This got him 50 percent of the royalties.

• Talk radio baby! 📻

• edited November 2019

Didion

• About as close as I get to a Christmas card....

• That would make Jesus the keys?

• @zah said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    That would make Jesus the keys?

...to your Salvation...

It was a softball, but you hit it on the screws, so huzzah.

• edited December 2019

I put this here so that when I'm ready to do some more learning I'll know where to look:

Opera pieces that everyone recognizes but not everyone knows their names; additions welcome...

Arias and duets:
    Giuseppe Verdi - Brindisi: Libiamo ne’ lieti calici from La Traviata
    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Là ci darem la mano from Don Giovanni
    Léo Delibes - Flower duet from Lakmé
    Giacomo Puccini - Nessun Dorma from Turandot
    Gioacchino Rossini - Largo al factotum and Una voce poco fa from Il barbiere di Siviglia
    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen and Pa–, pa–, pa– from Die Zauberflöte
    Vincenzo Bellini - Casta diva from Norma
    George Frideric Handel - Lascia ch'io pianga from Almira
    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Voi Che Sapete from Le Nozze di Figaro
    Giacomo Puccini - O mio babbino caro from Gianni Schicchi
    Georges Bizet - L'amour est un oiseau rebelle and Votre Toast from Carmen
    Giacomo Puccini - Un bel di vedremo from Madame Butterfly
    Giuseppe Verdi - La donna è mobile from Rigoletto
    Jacques Offenbach - Barcarolle from Les contes d'Hoffmann
    Giacomo Puccini - Vissi d'arte from Tosca
    Charles Gounod - Je veux vivre z Roméo et Juliette
    Georges Bizet - Je crois entendre encore from Les Pêcheurs de perles

Pieces for choir:
    Giuseppe Verdi - Va pensiero from Nabucco
    Richard Wagner - Treulich geführt from Lohengrin
    Charles Gounod - Gloire immortelle de nos aïeux from Faust
    Aleksandr Borodin - Dance of the Polovtsians from Prince Igor
    Giuseppe Verdi - Coro di zingari from Il trovatore

Instrumental pieces:
    Pietro Mascagni - Intermezzo from Cavalleria rusticana
    Giuseppe Verdi - Triumphal March from Aida
    Gioacchino Rossini - Overture from William Tell
    Richard Wagner - Ride of the Valkyries from Die Walküre
    Gioacchino Rossini - Overture from La Gazza Ladra
    Georges Bizet - Overture from Carmen
    Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov - Flight of the Bumblebee from The Tale of Tsar Saltan
    Gioacchino Rossini - Overture from Il Barbiere di Siviglia
    Jules Massenet - Intermezzo Meditation from Thaïs
    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Overture from Le Nozze di Figaro

• Which is the Bugs Bunny one?

• ‪THE PASSAGE - "Dark Times" (Peel Session)

• edited January 2020

"Don’t dream about what you’d like to do. Do it, risk it, make a mistake, start again.“

Alexander Liberman

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

"Don’t dream about what you’d like to do. Do it, risk it, make a mistake, start again.“

Alexander Liberman

+1

• It's not reasonable or some gateway to greater meaning but when I get caught in a vortex of irritation at the vast constraints the musical world is forcing upon me I look at this picture of Giorgio Moroder in Los Angeles playing a Roland by the pool in 1982 and feel immediately calmed...

• edited January 2020

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    It's not reasonable or some gateway to greater meaning but when I get caught in a vortex of irritation at the vast constraints the musical world is forcing upon me I look at this picture of Giorgio Moroder in Los Angeles playing a Roland by the pool in 1982 and feel immediately calmed...

The only vortex of constraints I’m irritated by at the moment are my own lack of talent, rather than the tools I’ve got to hand. Though currently sitting in a battered armchair with an iPad, an ice-pack on my back, and the cold bleak Welsh winter hammering at the double glazing, I will allow myself a tang of jealousy towards Mr Giorgio with his sunny LA pool and Roland synth.

• To be fair, that Jupiter 8 cost a lot more than an iPad...

• Some gems in this thread.

Just been catching up.

Thanks for this @JohnnyGoodyear

• Cheers boss, seems to be a few contradictions in there though - the bit about avoiding passive income, followed by it being a good thing...

I’m too old and broken for all that lark anyway - been there, got ripped off, didn’t even get the t-shirt.

My ambition is to be able to drive again (herniated disc), pay the bills, and spend as much time doing nice things as I can, before my carcass finally gives in.

Family, friends, art, books, music, magic and booze.