Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Australia on fire - wanna help?

edited January 2020 in Other

Please excuse the off-topic announcement, but it’s an extraordinary time that I think probably deserves a post.

We aussies are finding ourselves in a scary new world in the past month; a swathe of country has burned which is almost the size of England. Fire managers are all saying this is the worst fire season on record, and it’s only getting started.

Donations are flooding in from all around the world, which is wonderful - if you feel like chipping in, here are a few possibilities:

1. The Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery fund
  2. The CFA (Victorian firefighters)
  3. The RFS (NSW firefighters)
  4. Bendigo Bank and the Victorian government’s bushfire appeal
  5. WWF Australian Wildlife and Nature Recovery Fund

That’s all a band-aid though, albeit a badly-needed one. In the longer term, of course, we need some serious, urgent action on the climate emergency - something the Australian government, for one, is embarrassingly, appallingly absent on despite seeing years of drought, record temperatures and now half the country on fire. I can’t even express how furious I am.

If you want to help there, and you live in an area with an idiot government like I do: I encourage you to call or write to your local political representative and urge action. If the events of the last month aren’t a decent kick in the political bum, nothing is; at least for we Australians who are living through it.

Here’s what I wrote to our local rep, who conveniently happens to be a member of the Liberal party, the anything-but-liberal, conservative, climate-change-denying party currently in power.

It’s probably already too late to avoid some pretty nasty ongoing effects, but maybe there’s still time to sidestep all-out global catastrophe. To be honest, I have little faith that there’s a political solution to be had - our systems are just too busted to effect this kind to change. So if you’ve a good idea for a CO2 scrubber platform, or a general AI system to save us all, don’t keep it to yourself 😏

Comments

• It's scary how the situation developed in AU.
    The only help I can imagine is much more water and more equipment to move it quickly.
    It's about time other countries help as much as they can.

BTW, let's also join forces to make Brazil stop deliberate bushfires.

Oxygen doesn't come out of nowhere.

• Omg. Brazil 😞

• Real life is so ironic. In the iconic apocalyptic movie On The Beach, Australia was the last refuge for a dying planet. In real 21st century life it is the herald of the world to come. So very sorry for you all down under. It is no comfort that we are right behind you. Will we gain the wisdom to make the changes necessary or is already too late? If Australia and Fiji are examples it seems the latter is likely.
    Maybe some of the billionaires on the planet will help out... really? Did I just write that?

• @Michael said:
    Omg. Brazil 😞

Yes and Africa, Siberia and now Australia.

They have been on my mind for quite awhile.

• edited January 2020

@rs2000 said:

Oxygen doesn't come out of nowhere.

I did a gig for these guys recently.

https://www.synchronicityearth.org/

I'm going to be doing more over time.

Edit.

We are all thinking of you @Michael

Be safe.

• Wishing you all the best and a safe outcome ❤️

• Good bit @michael. And good note to Tony.... I've always relied on the notion that in the end people will do almost anything for their kid's kids. More fool me, I guess. Turns out corporations aren't people after all...

• If I might suggest for those considering writing to a politician, this article is very good at shooting down an argument used frequently in Australia by the ruling party (and probably elsewhere).

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jan/09/when-it-comes-to-emissions-the-too-small-to-matter-argument-is-absurd-reckless-and-morally-bankrupt

• @Michael hope you and your family and loved ones stay safe. Must be a living nightmare!

• The Australian disaster is a global disaster, I hope people understand that. Everything starts from us, the worst and, hopefully, the best. We are the ones who vote for such governments, those who buy too much, who consume too much, who pollute too much, who cry too little for the ecological disasters we cause.

The best way to help us is to start changing our way of thinking and acting.
    Stop wasting food, water, medicine, money, stop changing cell phones or cars or televisions (or synths...🥶) every year and become worthy of the adjective "human".

At the moment, we deserve to be called beasts, without offense to beasts.

I hope nobody feels offended because I'm speaking in general, but let's look inside us and decide to do the right thing.

Thanks @Michael for your inspiring post.

• Not quite the end of the world... but you can see it from here.

• @Soundscaper said:
    Not quite the end of the world... but you can see it from here.

It's not going to happen.

It'll survive.

It'll adapt.

It may even remove us as a species but the World will survive.

Once we learn to work with and not against it, we'll be more than okay.

In the interim we've got a planet to save.

Peace, light, love and hope.

• Thanks guys!

• 99% of all species have gone extinct. There were at least a dozen hominid species (including Neanderthal) that we Sapiens wiped out to get where we are. We are super aggressive and territorial.
    If we were wise and wisdom ran like rivers over us we might do better. But we are not wise. We are greedy and terrified creatures. In good times our better natures can shine, but (and we’ve all read the apocalyptic novels) give it a few days of chaos and compassion only extends to our near and dear.
    The rest... well, you know.

This is our nature and therein lies our fate I am afraid. But there is still time for compassion. I was shocked to read the star Betelguese is in its death throes. I thought it was forever. We might even see it explode so loud we will see it in the daytime. It will be beautiful.

• Thank you for this Michael. I appreciate the suggestions. I'll send along a sum this evening. I'm so sorry this is happening to you all. Here's hoping.

This is the only issue we face now.

• edited January 2020

A lot of stuff here:

https://warrentrash.tumblr.com/

• @rs2000 said:
    It's scary how the situation developed in AU.
    The only help I can imagine is much more water and more equipment to move it quickly.

Unfortunately, it's the two years of no rain that's caused this. Fighting the fires, although helpful for those affected (and I have a place that may burn if things go the wrong way), is just a bandaid solution.

The best help you can give is to do what you can to address our climate crisis.

• My sad conclusion is the climate disaster and the events that will lead from it’s effects are unavoidable, I think the point of no return was reached circa 1970’s, the only question to me is what scale the disaster will be.

• It's distressing to read about, the whole world needs to act fast, yet we have too many countries with indifferent governments which are lobbied by industry and corporations. This makes acting individually even more important since our leaders are failing us. An estimated 1 billion animals have been killed.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/today-in-focus/id1440133626?i=1000461975110

• @Carnbot

I disagree with acting fast.

We need to do the healing methodically and patiently.
    It took decades if not more to damage the World.

If we act fast now we may make a mistake that could
    damage the World even further in the future.

Brain surgery cannot be learnt in a day.

I do agree with you in regards to leaders and individuals.

We need to get better leaders and it starts with individuals.

• @Gravitas said:
    @Carnbot

I disagree with acting fast.

We need to do the healing methodically and patiently.
    It took decades if not more to damage the World.

If we act fast now we may make a mistake that could
    damage the World even further in the future.

Brain surgery cannot be learnt in a day.

I do agree with you in regards to leaders and individuals.

We need to get better leaders and it starts with individuals.

By acting fast I mean acting positively, clearly not making more mistakes no. Acting also includes increasing investment in scientific knowledge. It's clear we need to eat less meat for example, which has a huge influence on climate change. Everyone in the developed world can act on that individually. :)

• @Michael quite right to raise this, too many have been denying it for too long, I hope that concerted action now can mean we avoid the worst effects - and it is getting bad enough already. I feel for all Australians right now.

• @Carnbot

In that I totally agree you.

Thank you for clarifying.

We're all on the same page so to speak. 🙂

• @Michael said:
    Please excuse the off-topic announcement, but it’s an extraordinary time that I think probably deserves a post.

We aussies are finding ourselves in a scary new world in the past month; a swathe of country has burned which is almost the size of England. Fire managers are all saying this is the worst fire season on record, and it’s only getting started.

Donations are flooding in from all around the world, which is wonderful - if you feel like chipping in, here are a few possibilities:

1. The Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery fund
    2. The CFA (Victorian firefighters)
    3. The RFS (NSW firefighters)
    4. Bendigo Bank and the Victorian government’s bushfire appeal
    5. WWF Australian Wildlife and Nature Recovery Fund

That’s all a band-aid though, albeit a badly-needed one. In the longer term, of course, we need some serious, urgent action on the climate emergency - something the Australian government, for one, is embarrassingly, appallingly absent on despite seeing years of drought, record temperatures and now half the country on fire. I can’t even express how furious I am.

If you want to help there, and you live in an area with an idiot government like I do: I encourage you to call or write to your local political representative and urge action. If the events of the last month aren’t a decent kick in the political bum, nothing is; at least for we Australians who are living through it.

Here’s what I wrote to our local rep, who conveniently happens to be a member of the Liberal party, the anything-but-liberal, conservative, climate-change-denying party currently in power.

It’s probably already too late to avoid some pretty nasty ongoing effects, but maybe there’s still time to sidestep all-out global catastrophe. To be honest, I have little faith that there’s a political solution to be had - our systems are just too busted to effect this kind to change. So if you’ve a good idea for a CO2 scrubber platform, or a general AI system to save us all, don’t keep it to yourself 😏

Great thread!

• edited January 2020

I have found that in life my philosophies don't always line up with those of my friends.

I have also found that caring about things because a friend may, helps me grow as a person. Maybe not at the time, but it does over time for me.

Ru Paul says, that you can never hate someone who you know their story. I know we are not talking about that. But I think the concept is important for me to point out.

Just saying.

I hope everyone can act as a community with a thread like this and keep in mind it is relevant to someone we all care about.

That is just my opinion.

I will be making a donation. I wasn't going to before realizing the fire is serious in many unexpected ways.

For instance, I have Bearded Dragon from Australia. So, this fire does have an impact on something that is of interest to me.

TGIF

Much love to our Audiobus forum community.

• Try and comprehend this.......

• Thanks for the local donation links Michael. I have, and will continue, to donate when these types of emergencies happen. I think firefighters and other responders are heroes.

I absolutely adore both Australia and California. I have friends in Australia and friends and family in California who have been affected by terrible fires.

While climate change is clearly a concern the world needs to address, I’m not convinced that these fires are the result of climate change. Focusing on climate change may feel good, but if we’re not willing to consider other causal factors, these catastrophes will only continue to happen. Hopefully, as you yourself said in your letter, we’re able to collectively have a dialog about the reasons why these terrible tragedies are happening.

Best to you and your family (as well as anyone else facing this disaster).

https://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2018/11/was-global-warming-significant-factor.html?m=1

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/bushfire-scientist-david-packham-warns-of-huge-blaze-threat-urges-increase-in-fuel-reduction-burns-20150312-14259h.html

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/australian-wildfires-were-caused-by-humans-not-climate-change

• @at2

I mentioned it in this thread earlier.

The Amazon, Africa, Siberia and now Australia have been up in flames.

The number of species going extinct before the fires was frightening.

Humans have killed almost 50% of the animals that we share this planet with.

National Geographic tried to put a positive spin on it in 2018, here's the article.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/2018/11/animal-decline-living-planet-report-conservation-news/

With the fires that have happened within the last six months or more?
    and if the figures coming out of Australia alone can be extrapolated
    to the other continents and then we have to get our arses in gear.

Forgive my usage of coarse language.