Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How I sample internally using IOS

Say for example you have an app that makes interesting sounds but isn’t Audiobus or auv3....

First go to settings

Select customize controls

Add screen recording

Open app you want to sample

Swipe up from bottom of screen and click the screen recording button

After the 3 second countdown recording will begin

After recording you will have a video file in your photos with the audio!

Download a free app called mymp3 player and open the file from your photos

Convert to mp3 and send to twisted wave to chop and convert to wav

I have used this technique to sample YouTube videos and apps I want to sample

Comments

• Great idea. I'll add a recommendation for the file conversion.

Send the file to Audioshare
    Use the convert menu from the top right in Tools.
    Set your settings.

• For whatever reason... on my iPhone 8 the “open in” doesn’t always recognize audioshare. I have to open in twisted wave than open in audioshare. Any idea why I can’t just open it directly with audioshare? (On my old phone the open in would work fine)

• Thanks for sharing that. Always nice to have alternative ways to sample phrases.

• I also use the app AudioSnack to make audio files from parts of YouTube videos. You can trim before it exports, which can be helpful. It is free.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/audiosnack/id1483398521?ign-mpt=uo=4

• @stuck80s said:
    For whatever reason... on my iPhone 8 the “open in” doesn’t always recognize audioshare. I have to open in twisted wave than open in audioshare. Any idea why I can’t just open it directly with audioshare? (On my old phone the open in would work fine)

This is one of the many crippling problems with iOS 13.x

Formerly, i could send nearly anything to everything.

Thats totally broken and unusable now.

Thanks, @Apple

• Nice call on audio snack!

• https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/36468/screen-recording-audio

This discussion last week provides instructions for making a shortcut to convert the video to audio.

• @stuck80s said:
    For whatever reason... on my iPhone 8 the “open in” doesn’t always recognize audioshare. I have to open in twisted wave than open in audioshare. Any idea why I can’t just open it directly with audioshare? (On my old phone the open in would work fine)

Pretty much the main reason, my IPad is staying on 12. Losing ‘Open In’ to Audioshare would reduce me to tears.