Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Australia Benefit Compilation [accepting submissions]

edited January 2020 in Creations

Was thinking about organizing a compilation within this community. I have a lot of experience putting together comps over the last decade for benefit purposes and for the labels I worked for.

I wanted to post this to gauge interest and we’ll go from here.

Here’s the collection of some of the comps I put out. Mostly within the industrial / electronic realm. The Digital Recovery series was a way to help victims from natural disasters to certain organizations that myself or community wanted to support.

https://digitalrecovery.bandcamp.com/

****Guidelines****
+ create a new track or remix (this is to make a unique comp for this benefit / no older or previously released tracks are preferred)
+ WAV file preferably
+ Mixed at -3db for mastering
+ No time limit
+ No genre restriction
+ No track will be denied
+ Still deciding on where to donate but I see some great places to send aid to
+ Deadline March 1st (with some wiggle room)
+ Email files to [email protected] with Australia or Digital Recovery in the subject

If I missed something, please ask below. Can’t wait to hear what everyone comes up with. Hope we can help in some way!

Comments

• Finally someone gets it.

Details?

• Proposed Cause: Australian fires natural disaster.

• I’m always a fan of lo-fi. Fairly easy and quick for a bunch of people to put stuff together for it.

• @Xsyst said:
    Proposed Cause: Australian fires natural disaster.

Agreed.

• edited January 2020

We could make it a benefit compilation or just for fun. We can see what the rest of those interested want to do and then decide.

Either way we go: put it on Bandcamp for free / name your price / or a set price.

Any genre is welcome / no track will be rejected / I can find someone to master it unless someone here wants to / I can handle the cover art or we can have multiple people submit art and we can pick one

We’ll figure out deadline etc later if we decide to move forward

@Xsyst said:

• I would definitely be interested in contributing.

• @richardyot said:
    I would definitely be interested in contributing.

Me too

• Great idea @iOSTRAKON ! I would also be happy to contribute some music.

• Im in if its ok :)

• @iOSTRAKON

Like it.
    That's right up my street.

Is there a time limit?

• Pleased to contribute if you'd like.

• Been taking a break but having participated in charity / good cause compos previously I would come out of hiatus. What genre(s)??

• Maybe for a good cause I will finally manage to finish my loop style songs😂

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Maybe for a good cause I will finally manage to finish my loop style songs😂

It helps quite a bit! It's a good motivator. I haven't been productive in over a year EXCEPT for remixes I worked on for others and the one compo I took part of.

• No time limit @Gravitas at all / I don’t like to restrict submissions in any way

@Gravitas said:
    @iOSTRAKON

Like it.
    That's right up my street.

Is there a time limit?

Any genre is welcome

@iammane said:
    Been taking a break but having participated in charity / good cause compos previously I would come out of hiatus. What genre(s)??

• Awesome @iOSTRAKON - gonna start getting my apps back in order :naughty:

• i think i'd be interested in something like this... great idea.

• If there’s an organization involved in the Australian fires that we should donate to, please post below

• Probably best to stay away from GoFundMe and donate directly.

Vets Beyond Borders: https://www.vetsbeyondborders.org/

RSPCA Australia:
    https://www.rspca.org.au/blog/2020/how-help-animals-during-bushfire-crisis

• @iOSTRAKON What a wonderful idea. I wish I was at a stage in my life where I could participate. Maybe in a few years. :smile:

• Probably right. I went off a CNN article about how people can help. Didn't look into it all the way.

@YourJunk said:
    Probably best to stay away from GoFundMe and donate directly.

RSPCA Australia:

• @Crawlingwind said:
    Probably right. I went off a CNN article about how people can help. Didn't look into it all the way.

@YourJunk said:
    Probably best to stay away from GoFundMe and donate directly.

RSPCA Australia:

Yeah it definitely wasn’t a bad thought, but I’ve seen some shady shit with GFM. They are also time-limited, which is a more practical concern.

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    We could make it a benefit compilation or just for fun. We can see what the rest of those interested want to do and then decide.

Either way we go: put it on Bandcamp for free / name your price / or a set price.

Any genre is welcome / no track will be rejected / I can find someone to master it unless someone here wants to / I can handle the cover art or we can have multiple people submit art and we can pick one

@Xsyst said:

I would vote for set a price.
    A low price with options.

Free is great but goes against the reason for the effort.
    I mean, if it’s free, why not just a SoundCloud/YouTube list.
    Maybe to raise awareness, but it already has plenty of attention.

It takes money to help
    Just a thought.

• @Xsyst said:

@iOSTRAKON said:

@Xsyst said:

I would vote for set a price.
    A low price with options.

Free is great but goes against the reason for the effort.
    I mean, if it’s free, why not just a SoundCloud/YouTube list.
    Maybe to raise awareness, but it already has plenty of attention.

It takes money to help
    Just a thought.

I do wonder about something like a Humble Bundle, with a name your own price, but more money means more content.

• @iOSTRAKON
    I would love to submit a track, working on wrapping up my first Negative Format track in a long while.

• I could be down. Is the idea that it's an iOS only comp or can we just write it with whatever we want?

• Great idea

• Happy to support a good cause with a contribution, as well!

• Happy to see everyone eager to join & help. Looks unanimous to create our noise to aid Australia and beyond.

Wanted to check with everyone to see if it’s ok if I reached out to my contacts [bands that joined former benefit comps] and see if they want to join. My thinking is the more people join we can reach a little farther