Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anything like M4L Buffer Shuffler for iOS?

Wondering if the above exists for iOS, preferably as AUv3 ie.

• Live effect (Works on live input not loaded sample)
  • Rearrange slices in various ways

So a bit like a Egoist sampler section but an effect not sampler instrument. I know Turnado has a few Looper type effects which offer this kind of output but its slicer patterns are something of a black box.

Comments

• edited January 2020

@craftycurate said:
    Wondering if the above exists for iOS, preferably as AUv3 ie.

• Live effect (Works on live input not loaded sample)
    • Rearrange slices in various ways

So a bit like a Egoist sampler section but an effect not sampler instrument. I know Turnado has a few Looper type effects which offer this kind of output but its slicer patterns are something of a black box.

I don't know what "Buffer Shuffler" does but from what you describe, it must be like AD Replicant 2.

Also, I've recently done "buffer shuffling" using Atom, AUM and Tap Delay.
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/733757#Comment_733757

Edit: Are you talking about this one?
    https://cycling74.com/tutorials/buffer-shuffler-2-0-video-series

It looks like SB Effectrix would be the easiest in your case.

• Yes that’s the Buffer Shuffler I’m referring to. Effectrix and Turnado do some but not all of what I’m after.

• @craftycurate said:
    Yes that’s the Buffer Shuffler I’m referring to. Effectrix and Turnado do some but not all of what I’m after.

...which is?

• @rs2000 said:

@craftycurate said:
    Yes that’s the Buffer Shuffler I’m referring to. Effectrix and Turnado do some but not all of what I’m after.

...which is?

See original post ;)

• @craftycurate said:

@rs2000 said:

@craftycurate said:

...which is?

See original post ;)

1. Effectrix works on live input too
    2. Using my AUM + Tap Delay + Atom session, you can rearrange the slices in the weirdest ways, also works on live input
  • @rs2000 said:

@craftycurate said:

@rs2000 said:

@craftycurate said:

...which is?

See original post ;)

1. Effectrix works on live input too
    2. Using my AUM + Tap Delay + Atom session, you can rearrange the slices in the weirdest ways, also works on live input

It does, but Buffer Shuffler gives a lot more control over how the slices are created and played back, with additional randomisation options.

• @craftycurate

Audio damage replicant 2, as @rs2000 ( thank you for always being helpful ) stated.

Though the visual aid of buffer shuffler 2 isn’t there, replicant 2 is the closest to meeting your live input requirement and auv3 hope. Replicant likely does all that buffer shuffler 2 does, but i’ve never a/b’ed.

I’ve used msp, ableton live ( since live 1 ), pluggo ( shuffler, slice & dice, plus other granular/buffer manipulators and build your own ), etc.

If you’re willing to do some work there is mirack, but i’m not sure it will fully meet your requirements......I’ve not explored it wrt to live granular/buffer processing. Mirack simpliciter allows recording live input to the buffer, but not sure about the variables related to latency/response/feel/user expectation for live use.

Though not live input capable, you should try SECTOR. I ignored it for a long time due to lack of live input, no auv3, lack of interest in buffer manipulation, etc. I shouldn’t have ignored it😉.

• @frond said:
    @craftycurate

Audio damage replicant 2, as @rs2000 ( thank you for always being helpful ) stated.

🤗

If you’re willing to do some work there is mirack, but i’m not sure it will fully meet your requirements......I’ve not explored it wrt to live granular/buffer processing. Mirack simpliciter allows recording live input to the buffer, but not sure about the variables related to latency/response/feel/user expectation for live use.

miRack is unbelievable. With the recent integration of the Nysthi modules, everything is possible in this regard, except AUv3 support at the moment.
    With a little time and dedication, we could now build a real monster looper/slicer/shuffler/effector that would let BufferShuffler look pale sitting next to it.
    And it can now be controlled with MIDI hardware :smiley:

• edited January 2020

@frond said:
    @craftycurate

Though the visual aid of buffer shuffler 2 isn’t there, replicant 2 is the closest to meeting your live input requirement and auv3 hope. Replicant likely does all that buffer shuffler 2 does, but i’ve never a/b’ed.

I’ve used msp, ableton live ( since live 1 ), pluggo ( shuffler, slice & dice, plus other granular/buffer manipulators and build your own ), etc.

Though not live input capable, you should try SECTOR. I ignored it for a long time due to lack of live input, no auv3, lack of interest in buffer manipulation, etc. I shouldn’t have ignored it😉.

Thanks ... Replicant does some of what Buffer Shuffler does for sure, as does SECTOR and MiRack is. A whole different beast if only it could be easily tamed ... if only the last two were AUv3 ...

• edited January 2022

Old thread, but Glitchcore looks like it might do the trick.

https://apps.apple.com/app/glitchcore/id1499237784?l=en

• @mistercharlie said:

Buffer Shuffler does more than GlitchCore.
    Two years ago, Drambo wasn't available yet but now you could do everything and more with it, and it works as an AUv3 too.
    Tip: Use the Gate & Velocity sequencer with quantized Y axis to get a similar UI as Buffer Shuffler.

• I’m not familiar with the app mentioned in the OP, but is Scatterbrain somewhat along this lines? Nvm the multiout aspect, it seems like it can do this kind of chop and stutter stuff.

I don’t have it, but I just realized it’s the only Bram Bos app I don’t have. I pretty much have to pick it up now. ;)

• Looperator , by SugarBytes themselves , has been released on IOS since this thread first started & seems to best fulfill original request with more specific buffer shuffling features than Effectrix

• @rs2000 said:

@mistercharlie said:

Buffer Shuffler does more than GlitchCore.
    Two years ago, Drambo wasn't available yet but now you could do everything and more with it, and it works as an AUv3 too.
    Tip: Use the Gate & Velocity sequencer with quantized Y axis to get a similar UI as Buffer Shuffler.

Is there anything Drambo can't do?!

I do like Glitchcore though. I find it very musical, and great for chopping live radio in Loopy Pro.

• @mistercharlie Chopping live radio is one of my favorite time wasters :smile:

Indeed, Drambo is there when I want something that doesn't exist on the Appstore in the way I want it, what's missing is the nice custom UI you often get with Appstore apps.