Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ableton 10.1 released

Comments

• Fabriccio patches are amazing. Also don’t forget to check v-module...

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Picked up this great chord progression M4L device today called J74 progressive.

Having some super workflow improvements with it inside Ableton.

Would love to see a device like this come to iOS or at least some of the functions from it.

@TonalityApp @blueveek

Now if Tonality and Atom Piano Roll had a baby!

Ah right, will check that out, only 15 euros....

• @MonzoPro I wanted the baseline M4L device from the same guy so went for the bundle as it contains lots of goodies.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Would love to see a device like this come to iOS or at least some of the functions from it.

@TonalityApp @blueveek

There is a free LE version for take a look before purchase AFAIR...

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@TonalityApp @blueveek

Ah ok thanks, I'll take a look.

@Jumpercollins said:
    @MonzoPro I wanted the baseline M4L device from the same guy so went for the bundle as it contains lots of goodies.

Just having a look through their site. I was looking through the Max products on the Ableton website last night, and would like to expand my collection. This stuff looks really interesting.

I'm really after some crazy sample beatcutters/manglers/arrangers...

• @MonzoPro said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@TonalityApp @blueveek

Ah ok thanks, I'll take a look.

@Jumpercollins said:
    @MonzoPro I wanted the baseline M4L device from the same guy so went for the bundle as it contains lots of goodies.

Just having a look through their site. I was looking through the Max products on the Ableton website last night, and would like to expand my collection. This stuff looks really interesting.

I'm really after some crazy sample beatcutters/manglers/arrangers...

Check isotonik studios then.

• @MonzoPro Picked up Tricky Tracks by Sonic Faction 2 months ago some neat device s in that.

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

Check isotonik studios then.

Blimey, some good stuff in there.

@Jumpercollins said:
    @MonzoPro Picked up Tricky Tracks by Sonic Faction 2 months ago some neat device s in that.

That looks good too.

I didn't realise they had this stuff on Plugin Boutique - they have some really good sales so I'll have to keep an eye on these.

• Recommend the Hy-Plugins for sequencers, slicers and other fun. They are all AUv3’s and the demos are a great free ride. https://hy-plugins.com/. Also a J74 fan, just released an arpeggiator in the past few weeks.

• @MonzoPro Your command Sir? (put warcraft peasant voice)

• Yeah, I have all of Fabricio's M4L devices. Lots of fun.

• edited January 2020

sic

• That is nice. I was thinking it was going to be pricey, but it’s only 12 euros. Might have to get that one.

• @kobamoto said:
    sic

What a great demo! Gonna try and figure out how to do something like this on iOS

• @gregsmith said:

@kobamoto said:
    sic

What a great demo! Gonna try and figure out how to do something like this on iOS

Sector.

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

@gregsmith said:

@kobamoto said:
    sic

Sector.

effectrix?

• @kobamoto said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@gregsmith said:

@kobamoto said:
    sic

Sector.

effectrix?

Both iPad only so not for me. I’ve probably got something already that does it!

• For shuffling slices like in the video you need multiple instances of a slicer with envelope controls like in Egoist, GR16, Beatmaker 3, ReSlice, Gadget Stockholm etc.
    Sector or Effectrix won't do that and ReSlice is one of the few that run on the iPhone too.

• Well I was pointing to the final sound result which reminded me to what sector can achieve.

What will be the main differences? Now I’m curious @rs2000 ...

This forum is amazing for things like this.

• @MonzoPro said:

That is nice. I was thinking it was going to be pricey, but it’s only 12 euros. Might have to get that one.

Yeah looks good and a fair price, will get this one too. I wish cycling 74 released a version of Max for iOS but I doubt that will ever happen. :)

• @Carnbot said:

@MonzoPro said:

That is nice. I was thinking it was going to be pricey, but it’s only 12 euros. Might have to get that one.

Yeah looks good and a fair price, will get this one too. I wish cycling 74 released a version of Max for iOS but I doubt that will ever happen. :)

I've got the Suite, which says it includes Max for Live - I'm guessing this will work ok?

• @MonzoPro said:

@Carnbot said:

@MonzoPro said:

I've got the Suite, which says it includes Max for Live - I'm guessing this will work ok?

Yup, any Max for Live will work including this.

• @auxmux said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Carnbot said:

@MonzoPro said:

Yup, any Max for Live will work including this.

Great stuff, thanks.

• edited January 2020

@TheDubbyLabby said:
    Well I was pointing to the final sound result which reminded me to what sector can achieve.

What will be the main differences? Now I’m curious @rs2000 ...

This forum is amazing for things like this.

First, multiple parts are layered in the example and second, the transitions between slices are smoother than the usually hard-cut slices so the attack and decay settings will make a more organic sound although it's a sliced loop. I'd suggest Sector with its quite different tricks for more extreme (experimental?) tweaks of sliced loops but not to approach the example shown in the video.
    Each has its own strengths.

Edit: Achieving exactly what's shown in the video, including live updates of the sliced waveform, is most likely only possible with miRack, MobMuPlat, other modular synths or probably a very complex setup with slicers, delays and some StreamByter/Mozaic control inside apeMatrix or AUM.

• Got it! Thanks mate <3

• edited January 2020

@TheDubbyLabby said:
    Got it! Thanks mate <3

You're welcome :smiley:

Here's another example I've done for fun, without using any slicer:

If you keep the delay feedback at zero, you can adjust slice positions by choosing the appropriate delay time (zero feedback!) and placing notes on the sequencer grid.
    The difference is that you can replace the audio loop by a live input signal.

• @rs2000 That is so cool.

• @rs2000 said:
    For shuffling slices like in the video you need multiple instances of a slicer with envelope controls like in Egoist, GR16, Beatmaker 3, ReSlice, Gadget Stockholm etc.
    Sector or Effectrix won't do that and ReSlice is one of the few that run on the iPhone too.

I have reslice 😊 will give it a go sometime

• @gregsmith said:

@kobamoto said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@gregsmith said:

@kobamoto said:
    sic

Sector.

effectrix?

Both iPad only so not for me. I’ve probably got something already that does it!

this might at least help in your Quest :)

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/beat-twirl/id423200027