Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Which IOS apps should you avoid using live because of latency ?

Happy holidays :)

I made a list of ios apps with audio's that seem to be latency prone...not sue if people actually us them live but here they are.

-IK Multimedia Amplitube (every single add on etc etc) bit improved in the recent years but still lag.

-IK Multimedia Vocalive, terrible latency., should be pulled from th app store.

-Positive Grid Bias FX, Bias Amp, blah blah, latency there., Seems like Jam-up is tight compared to all the Bias stuff but why is it not integrated, why did they separate everything, greed?, really man, i spent over $80 on all their trash only to find out Jam-up is the only decent tight app they have and they want more money for add ons ?

This is not a rant or anything, i hope to se lists of IOS apps others tested., thanks!

PS, If i misunderstood anything about these apps please feel free to explain, for example if i purchase a Amplitube fender, Dimebag or slash add-on does this mean i can download the Slash app or do i ave to purchase this again, no one seems to know and i am too scared to deal with calling apple for a refund.

Comments

• edited January 2020

Just get a laptop if you want to play live.... stable, less bugs, matured OS....

• This will depend on your settings in all apps, how you are hosting them and the settings there, also hardware setup and device model.

No latency issues here. Using new and ancient devices

• Maybe another good topic could be

Which users should you avoid on forum because of dumb-ish

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/36407/are-customers-of-ik-and-pg-upset-at-their-pricing-schemes#latest

• @OnfraySin said:
    Maybe another good topic could be

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/36407/are-customers-of-ik-and-pg-upset-at-their-pricing-schemes#latest

Hhhmmmm.

Time for me to get more popcorn it seems.

• \

PS, If i misunderstood anything about these apps please feel free to explain, for example if i purchase a Amplitube fender, Dimebag or slash add-on does this mean i can download the Slash app or do i ave to purchase this again, no one seems to know and i am too scared to deal with calling apple for a refund.

Contact the developer for the answer to that question.

How much more latency do you experience (with Bias FX or Bias Amp compared to Jamup)? I am surprised that you are finding a significant difference with the same buffer settings. Is this latency when you are monitoring those apps directly or if they are being piped into AUM or similar?

• @espiegel123 said:

\

Contact the developer for the answer to that question.

How much more latency do you experience (with Bias FX or Bias Amp compared to Jamup)? I am surprised that you are finding a significant difference with the same buffer settings. Is this latency when you are monitoring those apps directly or if they are being piped into AUM or similar?

Did you turn on low latency mode in Bias FX and Bias Amp for your comparisons?

• edited January 2020

I believe you are assuming some particular issues you are experiencing as facts, but that’s not necessary true for other users.
    I’m a heavy user of Positive Grid apps (Bias FX, Bias Amp), and also Yonac’s Tonestack, and if you load any of those apps in AUM and properly set the buffer size to 128 (or 64 if your iPad is powerful enough) then you can perfectly play guitar/bass without any noticeable latency.

I could not comment on Vocalive or Amplitube since I do not use those apps.

• @Rodolfo said:
    I believe you are assuming some particular issues you are experiencing as facts, but that’s not necessary true for other users.
    I’m a heavy user of Positive Grid apps (Bias FX, Bias Amp), and also Yonac’s Tonestack, and if you load any of those apps in AUM and properly set the buffer size to 128 (or 64 if your iPad is powerful enough) then you can perfectly play guitar/bass without any noticeable latency.

I could not comment on Vocalive or Amplitube since I do not use those apps.

i don't know what it was but after re installing bias fx everything went back to normal, i can only say that the issue started when i tried using bias fx with a ik multimedia micro amp (mono btw)

• @Gravitas said:

@OnfraySin said:
    Maybe another good topic could be

Hhhmmmm.

Time for me to get more popcorn it seems.

check you facts before brown nosing

• @GavrielProductions

😂

I’ve ordered more popcorn...

The entertainment value has just gone up.

• @GavrielProductions said:
    i don't know what it was but after re installing bias fx everything went back to normal, i can only say that the issue started when i tried using bias fx with a ik multimedia micro amp (mono btw)

points to the USB chipset used in that device... the amp part is no (or low) latency, while the USB recording section is (more or less) an addon.

The product split between JamUp and Bias was due to low CPU power of iPads back then.
    When playing 'live' you don't need all the tweakabilities of Bias.
    Stripping them reduced both CPU load and latency (measurable, iirc it was about a 2ms improvement). So after teaking your personal settings in Bias, you could just send the resulting amp model to JamUp - straight and simple as that.

Both have often been messed up as different products/sound engines, which is not the case. You can't switch cabinets in JamUp, but you can send duplicates of the amp with different cabinets to JamUp.