Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pinch out view AUM?

I’ve noticed in a couple of Doug’s vids he’s pinched out (?) the view in AUM, so you can see a zoomed out overview of the channels. @thesoundtestroom

Is this possible, is it an iOS 13 thing, or was another app involved?

Can’t find anything on the interwebs about it, and my own attempts don’t seem to work, but if it’s possible, and anyone knows the trick please share it!

Comments

• edited January 2020

@MonzoPro said:
    I’ve noticed in a couple of Doug’s vids he’s pinched out (?) the view in AUM, so you can see a zoomed out overview of the channels. @thesoundtestroom

Can’t find anything on the interwebs about it, and my own attempts don’t seem to work, but if it’s possible, and anyone knows the trick please share it!

Just drag the output icon of a channel upwards or downwards.
    It's used for re-ordering channels but you can also use it to "zoom out".

• @rs2000 said:

@MonzoPro said:

It’s a nice feature, but I wish it would stay zoomed out when I took my finger off the screen.

• @Beathoven said:

@rs2000 said:

@MonzoPro said:

It’s a nice feature, but I wish it would stay zoomed out when I took my finger off the screen.

yep, i asked a few times for scaled GUI, i suggested an option to have the channels to scale down as you add more channels.

Apparently this is not easy due to the graphics, i don't quite understand why as when you zoom out the GUI looks sweet.

• edited January 2020

@Beathoven said:

@rs2000 said:

@MonzoPro said:

The bottom icon bar has plenty of space left for adding zoom buttons (+/- or presets like 35/50/70/100%). @j_liljedahl might consider that, I think it would be a good idea because sometimes you'll want direct access to more mixer channels.
    Zoom out mode would require increasing the size of the mute, record and solo buttons though.

An even better solution than just zooming out could be to make the channel strips slimmer and keep their height. What we want is simply more channels on one screen, right?
    And just have two buttons on the lower bar: "Normal" (4 channels) and "Slim" (8 channels).
    I believe that @j_liljedahl didn't expect us to use AUM so extensively 😉

Edit: On the iPhone, it would be 1 or 2 channels respectively.

• @rs2000 said:

@Beathoven said:

@rs2000 said:

@MonzoPro said:

The bottom icon bar has plenty of space left for adding zoom buttons (+/- or presets like 35/50/70/100%). @j_liljedahl might consider that, I think it would be a good idea because sometimes you'll want direct access to more mixer channels.
    Zoom out mode would require increasing the size of the mute, record and solo buttons though.

An even better solution than just zooming out could be to make the channel strips slimmer and keep their height. What we want is simply more channels on one screen, right?
    And just have two buttons on the lower bar: "Normal" (4 channels) and "Slim" (8 channels).
    I believe that @j_liljedahl didn't expect us to use AUM so extensively 😉

@[Deleted User] said:

@Beathoven said:

@rs2000 said:

@MonzoPro said:

yep, i asked a few times for scaled GUI, i suggested an option to have the channels to scale down as you add more channels.

Apparently this is not easy due to the graphics, i don't quite understand why as when you zoom out the GUI looks sweet.

Yes, yes!

• @rs2000 said:

@MonzoPro said:

Ace, thanks!

• +1 for me for zooming feature. Even on 12.9 I still need to see more at one time :)

• I would love to take this to the extreme and pinch out until just the circle of each track is visible and then on top of that add a 'solo view mode' where only the selected track is fully shown when selected.

When the circles are present up/down swipe on the circle would control its level, left/right would adjust the pan.
    For each instrument & effect node gestures could be assigned for up/down, left/right, long-tap (mute/solo, or on/off etc).

The 'routing/connection' between the nodes could be done 'Sunvox style' ie. tap on one node and tap on another node to make the connection.

I still would love to see a 'merger' between apeMatrix, AUM and possible even AB for the sheer app adaptation with the side-panel for fullscreen apps.

Cheers!