Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mononoke : Expressive Drone Synthesizer

edited December 2019 in General App Discussion

Mononoke is an expressive drone synthesizer designed for creating soundscapes and melodic textures that seamlessly morph from harmonic snowscapes to cold and agitated ice fields.

It has a 2-part multitimbral, 8-voice polyphonic synth engine. But the most interesting part is how all 8 voices feed back into each other, together creating a haunting, constantly evolving landscape.

Using 8 expressive on-screen performance pads you can play Mononoke interactively, and optionally record your performance as MPE MIDI in an MPE compatible host sequencer. MPE input controllers are also supported.

Coming soon.

Comments

• Whooowww. Can’t wait to try this out. It seems already that we’ll have a fantastic 2020.

• Makes me wish I had a physical MPE controller :|

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Makes me wish I had a physical MPE controller :|

Don't worry, the on-screen pads will be almost as nice ;)

• Great..
    Happy New Year

• @brambos said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    Makes me wish I had a physical MPE controller :|

Don't worry, the on-screen pads will be almost as nice ;)

I knew you wouldn't let us down :)

• Oooh, cool!

• Excited to have something new from you.
    Were you inspired by the Japanese animation of the same name or by the princess :)

• Very nice, one of those instabuy things.

• @DYMS said:
    Excited to have something new from you.
    Were you inspired by the Japanese animation of the same name or by the princess :)

Neither, Mononoke is actually a type of spirit from Japanese folklore. The word literally means "being without a form"; which I felt nicely describes the nature of the sounds it creates :)

(I do like me some Ghibli though ;) )

• Lyra 8 just went ios...

• Sounds promising. This app might become best friends with the upcoming morphing Classic FX by Igor - 2020 is off to a good start!

• Oh shit! This sounds fantastic! When will it be ready. I just came from a nice ambient guitar jam session and this app would fit like butt on bucket (German idiom ;)).

This is right up my alley. Lusting this now more than dram.... what?

Will it ship with lots of nice preset and the Brambos patented random Love?

• Had me at @brambos :smiley:

Can’t wait!

• I was waiting for a new Brambos synth (or whatever else) since Ruismaker Noir. Great news! Any ATA @brambos?

• @david_2017 said:
    Oh shit! This sounds fantastic! When will it be ready. I just came from a nice ambient guitar jam session and this app would fit like butt on bucket (German idiom ;)).

Interestingly, this synth is more about how you play it than about the depth of the synthesis engine. The character of the sound is created to a large extent by the combination/strength of the voices you play together and how the feedback is routed (and how much).

It's a lot of fun and a very interactive experience (I have learned while testing) :)

• Extremely my jam. Very excited!

• @brambos said:

@david_2017 said:
    Oh shit! This sounds fantastic! When will it be ready. I just came from a nice ambient guitar jam session and this app would fit like butt on bucket (German idiom ;)).

Interestingly, this synth is more about how you play it than about the depth of the synthesis engine. The character of the sound is created to a large extent by the combination/strength of the voices you play together and how the feedback is routed (and how much).

It's a lot of fun and a very interactive experience (I have learned while testing) :)

NOOOOOOO!!!! Not now, not after I've spent a lot of money on Apps during the Holidays... @brambos you are an insane devil :-)
    What to do now? Better not to read more here on Audiob.us ;-)

• When is this being released?

• @Zjenji said:
    When is this being released?

The sooner the better.

• @Sinthemau said:

NOOOOOOO!!!! Not now, not after I've spent a lot of money on Apps during the Holidays... @brambos you are an insane devil :-)

The holidays aren’t over yet. It’s best to think of it like this, it’s another purchase to bring in the new year. We all deserve a little something for the new year.

• @SirMcp said:

@Sinthemau said:

The holidays aren’t over yet. It’s best to think of it like this, it’s another purchase to bring in the new year. We all deserve a little something for the new year.

Let's bring it on the new year then...so a Happy New Year to all here and @brambos too

• I'm shooting for NAMM or around that time.

• NAMM? Oh the wait is going to kill me 🤭

• Right up my street. 2020 shaping up good already on the app front.

• Instabuy as always. Can't wait, nice unexpected surprise.

• Goddammit, that’s great.

• So looking forward to this, gonna be awesome with some Sunn O))) distortion 🤪