Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster One is out!

1424344454648»

Comments

• edited December 2019

@MobileMusic said:
    @kv331audio_bulent A Random button to generate new presets would be fun :smiley: You can find a similar implementation in Kauldron under its Spawn tab

These can be generated dynamically on the fly using just code without any hard coded/data-based values. By choosing a random value from a range of values for each parameter, assigning the generated values to the synth parameters and let it surprise us with new random sounds... Every time we roll the dice, it would generate a new random preset dynamically which we can save if needed.

• @MobileMusic said:
    @kv331audio_bulent A Random button to generate new presets would be fun :smiley: You can find a similar implementation in Kauldron under its Spawn tab

And in Sugarbytes Factory by pressing the blue O...

+1

• Randomizer are Crazy cool (especially for non-knob-Magicians) but randomization also needs to be implemented clever - meaning: that you get useable results In about 30% of the cases.

One brilliant randomization concept is implemented in Markus koehlers, patch creation for Digitone. Harmonix

You can actually choose out of categorical patches. Wanna have a new lead? A new drone? A new pad? Koehler got you covered (as long you have a Digitone).

That Said. SM1 is more than worthy of a clever implemented random feature but (i don’t know) I think it needs much thought and is a bunch of work.

• edited December 2019

@david_2017 said:
    Randomizer are Crazy cool (especially for non-knob-Magicians) but randomization also needs to be implemented clever - meaning: that you get useable results In about 30% of the cases.

One brilliant randomization concept is implemented in Markus koehlers, patch creation for Digitone. Harmonix

You can actually choose out of categorical patches. Wanna have a new lead? A new drone? A new pad? Koehler got you covered (as long you have a Digitone).

That Said. SM1 is more than worthy of a clever implemented random feature but (i don’t know) I think it needs much thought and is a bunch of work.

Here is the pseudo-code to generate random presets dynamically on-the-fly:

Create an array of all parameters.

For each parameter element in the array...
        Assign a valid range of its values (maybe in another parallel array).
        Assign a valid range of mod values for parameters where appropriate.

(the above values probably already exist in SM1's database. If so, just read them into arrays)

Loop through the array for each parameter element...
        Get a random value from its valid range of values.
        Assign the randomly generated value to the synth parameter.
        Get a random mod value (if applicable) and assign to the synth parameter.
    Continue loop until the end and process all the parameter elements.

And we have a surprise random new preset!

It may need a little more thinking to generate categorical patches using specific waveforms, oscillators, ADSRs, etc. based on instrument category choice of the user. Technically possible and doable.

:smile:

• edited December 2019

Hi guys,

I'll think about this randomizer.

Aside from that, I'm working on Beta2. Will upload it on TestFlight hopefuly tomorrow. I'm currently implementing import/export waveforms/presets/scales which is a must have for users who want to move their SM1 related data in/out of the app using the Files app integration.

@brice will also test if data is preserved after Beta overwrites AppStore version.

• edited December 2019

@kv331audio_bulent said:
    Hi guys,

Aside from that, I'm working on Beta2. Will upload it on TestFlight hopefuly tomorrow. I'm currently implementing import/export waveforms/presets/scales which is a must have for users who want to move their SM1 related data in/out of the app using the Files app integration.

@brice will also test if data is preserved after Beta overwrites AppStore version.

Exporting presets to cloud feature was there in previous version but taken out in v1.3

• @kv331audio_bulent said:
    Hi guys,

With all of the presets available in SM1 and SM Player I don’t put a randomizer high on my list of requests. File management, rock solid stability and some work on the UI response would be my preference. FWIW

• @MobileMusic said:
    Exporting presets to cloud feature was there in previous version but taken out in v1.3

Looks like with the introduction of the Files app integration, Apple improved the workflow! So we're supporting that as well, and for multiple files not one file at a time only.

• Does this app have a noise waveform? I see Sine, Triangle, etc, and a bunch of wavetables... I need to make patches that are from noise only. Thanks.

• @jameslondon74 said:
    Does this app have a noise waveform? I see Sine, Triangle, etc, and a bunch of wavetables... I need to make patches that are from noise only. Thanks.

The sub oscillator has several noise options. Btw, there is a manual for it which is worth loading into iBooks for reading and searching.

• edited January 2020

Btw, there is a manual for it which is worth loading into iBooks for reading and searching.

I can’t find it.

• @jameslondon74 said:
    Btw, there is a manual for it which is worth loading into iBooks for reading and searching.

I can’t find it.

Go to ‘About’ tab and you will find the help button where you can get the manual

• @Sygma said:

@jameslondon74 said:

I can’t find it.

Go to ‘About’ tab and you will find the help button where you can get the manual

Where?? I don't own the app yet.

• Anyone else having problems with touch in the browser with the latest update 1.3.6 ?

I am getting incorrect, random selections. Say I select Mallet Instruments, the browser will open Strings and jump to Violin. It seems to happen with every other touch.....

• @zeropoint said:
    Anyone else having problems with touch in the browser with the latest update 1.3.6 ?

I am getting incorrect, random selections. Say I select Mallet Instruments, the browser will open Strings and jump to Violin. It seems to happen with every other touch.....

Dev is aware

• This is with AUv3, IAA and standalone.....

• @anickt said:

@zeropoint said:
    Anyone else having problems with touch in the browser with the latest update 1.3.6 ?

Dev is aware

Cool. Thanks . Was about to make a bug report....

• He already fixed it (a var typo) - will be available in next 1.3.7 update

This discussion has been closed.