Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tube AU problems

Anyone else having issues with Tune AU playing videos? It won’t seem to load any that I search but will load stuff from the sidebar. Occasionally one will load but it really seems to struggle. I’ve tried it on an Air 1 on iOS 12 and iPhone 11 in iOS 13 with the same results. Just wanted to see if anyone else is having the issue before I contacted the developer about it

Comments

• Had it in AB input recording into AudioShare in the output slot with no issues tonight.
    Air 2, 12.3.1.

• @JackDwyerburger said:
    Anyone else having issues with Tune AU playing videos? It won’t seem to load any that I search but will load stuff from the sidebar. Occasionally one will load but it really seems to struggle. I’ve tried it on an Air 1 on iOS 12 and iPhone 11 in iOS 13 with the same results. Just wanted to see if anyone else is having the issue before I contacted the developer about it

Yeah it’s pretty much the same here, it also turns off the audio engine somehow in AUM when it won’t load videos I’ve searched for.

• I can confirm it’s not working, something must have changed on youtube’s code as it was working fine recently.

• Working fine for me in AUM.

• works here as well, via AUM. Unfortunately I don’t get to use it as often as I’d like, as I live way out in the boonies, stuck with slow as molasses satellite internet.

• I made some tests and most stuff worked, but I also found some video where the display get black instead.
    Some special video format, maybe?

Should we collect such "bad" videos here, so that @Blue_Mangoo can check?

• @JackDwyerburger

@tja said:
    I made some tests and most stuff worked, but I also found some video where the display get black instead.

We have identified the problem and fixed it but the App Store review is taking their Christmas holiday this week. Hopefully the update will be available within a day or two after they return to work. I believe they have their holiday time scheduled until the 28th.

Youtube makes changes to their video delivery system from time to time, and TubeAU needs to update in order to be compatible. It looks like the last change affected videos that are new or recently updated but videos that haven't been modified for a long time are still playable.

• Great to hear :)

But this requires precious time from your company.

:o :/

• @Blue_Mangoo said:
    @JackDwyerburger

@tja said:
    I made some tests and most stuff worked, but I also found some video where the display get black instead.

We have identified the problem and fixed it but the App Store review is taking their Christmas holiday this week. Hopefully the update will be available within a day or two after they return to work. I believe they have their holiday time scheduled until the 28th.

Youtube makes changes to their video delivery system from time to time, and TubeAU needs to update in order to be compatible. It looks like the last change affected videos that are new or recently updated but videos that haven't been modified for a long time are still playable.

The update just went live. It's version 1.0.6.

• @tja said:
    Great to hear :)

It took only a few hours to fix.

• Awesome, got the update and all is working fine now. Thanks again for the frequent support on all your app, @Blue_Mangoo

• edited January 2020

@Blue_Mangoo and others...

I'm absolutely loving this AU, but I have a couple questions:

1. Does anyone else get consistent delay between audio and video? On my iPad, the video is always behind the audio by about 250 ms. It's OK, because I can just put a delay after the plugin and set delay mix to 100%.

2. Audio stops when the AU is in the background, which I can accept since I don't have YouTube Premium. My question is this: If I get YouTube Premium, will the AU audio work in the background. I assume yes, but I want to be sure before signing up.

3. Lastly, does anyone have any interesting tricks they've found when using this plugin? How do you use it in your particular workflow?

• @kgmessier said:
    @Blue_Mangoo and others...

I'm absolutely loving this AU, but I have a couple questions:

1. Does anyone else get consistent delay between audio and video? On my iPad, the video is always behind the audio by about 250 ms. It's OK, because I can just put a delay after the plugin and set delay mix to 100%.

2. Audio stops when the AU is in the background, which I can accept since I don't have YouTube Premium. My question is this: If I get YouTube Premium, will the AU audio work in the background. I assume yes, but I want to be sure before signing up.

3. Lastly, does anyone have any interesting tricks they've found when using this plugin? How do you use it in your particular workflow?

I have you tube premium,but this AU still doesn’t work in background.

• @Blue_Mangoo said:

@tja said:

It’s not working anymore .. again 🙁 Seemed to work right after the last update, but today after not having used it since the last update, I attempted to use it again and it’s not working on either my IOS 12 or IOS 13 iPad Pro’s. Video below with 12.9” iPad Pro 2/IOS 13.3, latest versions of everything. Thanks for looking into this.

• @cloudswimmer said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@tja said:

It’s not working anymore .. again 🙁 Seemed to work right after the last update, but today after not having used it since the last update, I attempted to use it again and it’s not working on either my IOS 12 or IOS 13 iPad Pro’s. Video below with 12.9” iPad Pro 2/IOS 13.3, latest versions of everything. Thanks for looking into this.

Working fine over here. Air 2, iOS 13.3

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@cloudswimmer said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@tja said:

Did you try searching a video then playing it, or are you just clicking a vid on the side bar? If I just click a video that’s already there on the page it plays, but if I search for a video .. then try and play it .. it starts to play then shuts down like in my demo video .. this on two different iPads with different IOS versions. Thanks

• @cloudswimmer said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@cloudswimmer said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@tja said:

Did you try searching a video then playing it, or are you just clicking a vid on the side bar? If I just click a video that’s already there on the page it plays, but if I search for a video .. then try and play it .. it starts to play then shuts down like in my demo video .. this on two different iPads with different IOS versions. Thanks

I did. Searched for video, it played okay and the audio recording showed up in AudioShare as usual. I’m happy to try something else if you’d like me to.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@cloudswimmer said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@cloudswimmer said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@tja said:

I did. Searched for video, it played okay and the audio recording showed up in AudioShare as usual. I’m happy to try something else if you’d like me to.

Nahh that’s ok Phil, thanks for checking. Perhaps I inadvertently turned something off in my settings that needs to be turned back on. Thanks again .. glad it’s working for you 👍

• I’m also having issues with it crashing on some videos, on different devices as well. I think they’re aware and working on a fix though

• @JackDwyerburger said:
    I’m also having issues with it crashing on some videos, on different devices as well. I think they’re aware and working on a fix though

Ahh! Ok Jack thanks 👍

• Same crashing happens here on about every other video I search. It’s really frustrating

• @peaking said:
    Same crashing happens here on about every other video I search. It’s really frustrating

Yeah it is really frustrating. I found some cool backing track YouTube vids to practice with, but they need some eq’ing to get em to pop, so the only way to capture em now is do a whole IOS video screen capture .. upload to Dropbox .. then export em into Auria Pro and save em as .wav files .. a pain. Tube AU was awesome for that when it worked ☹️

• @peaking said:
    Same crashing happens here on about every other video I search. It’s really frustrating

You should report this to the developer via their web site with a few links to videos that don't work. YouTube occasionally changes things up and @Blue_Mangoo and his crew have to update the app. Sometimes it is only for a few videos and sometimes for more of them.

• edited February 2020

Ok guys (those having issues) try running the YouTube app itself in the background THEN open up AUM and load the Tube AU app .. it’s working for me now doing this 👍

Update:Never mind .. worked once .. now no more

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

Jeeze ... how many times does the developer need to reiterate that they’re working on it and explain why that work could only start recently?

You sound like my mother-in-law.

(But seriously ... it’s kind of rude. Developers don’t have a magic wand to wave over software, especially when circumstances beyond their control (YouTube changing things) come into play.)

Maybe you should find some other sources of work to plagiarize for a couple of weeks. ;)

• edited February 2020

@espiegel123 said:

@peaking said:

You should report this to the developer via their web site with a few links to videos that don't work. YouTube occasionally changes things up and @Blue_Mangoo and his crew have to update the app. Sometimes it is only for a few videos and sometimes for more of them.

@cloudswimmer said:
    Ok guys (those having issues) try running the YouTube app itself in the background THEN open up AUM and load the Tube AU app .. it’s working for me now doing this 👍

Update:Never mind .. worked once .. now no more

It seems that YT changes their streaming mechanism as often as a good guy will change his underwear so offering a streaming app and updating it always means racing against YT coders. If an older streaming app works or not sometimes also depends on the video - some will play, some won't.

I consider YT streaming quite flawed, it has become much worse than Vimeo to a point that I sometimes have to reload a page, even reload it twice until the vid starts playing at low quality and with a sufficiently fast internet connection, independent of the daytime.

@Blue_Mangoo You've got mail 😊

• The update is available now

• @JackDwyerburger said:
    The update is available now

Dang that was fast, thanks for the heads up Jack .. working good here now. 👍

• Currently getting a black screen + endlessly spinning load wheel instead of video coming through - anyone else? iPad Pro ios13.2.3