Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

HEY Metronome! by AudioKit. Voice-controlled. Fun, Friendly & Open-source.

HEY Everyone, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

We're dropping a surprise app for Christmas. We've created the first voice-controlled Metronome for iOS. I've been helping the team all year on this. It's fun & friendly. And, sounds great!

(Roger Linn likes it so much, he agreed to be in the intro video!)

Hey Metronome is an innovative new app that uses hands free, advanced proprietary voice-recognition – all without Siri, Alexa, or Voice Control. This allows fluid, advanced, and lightning-fast interactions, with NO internet required. Data privacy and airplane mode operations. i.e. No phone call interruptions while practicing.

Violinists never have to take their hands off their bow. Guitarists can keep their hands on their strings. This might be the future.

With the very real possibility of more and more music making apps using voice-recognition (and hardware like Roland already working on synths with it) We think it's important to set a precedent with on-device voice recognition. Musicians deserve data privacy and the ability to cut the cord.

Most importantly, it's open-source! We're going to release the metronome engine source code as part of a free online course on how to make your own music app. It'll be taught by Audiokit founder, Aure Prochazka (@aure) himself. So, if you ever wanted to learn how to make a music iOS app, this might help.

PLUS: It's only 99 cents if you want to support AudioKit. Or, buy a stocking stuffer for a music student you know.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/audiokit-hey-metronome/id1492023479

Learn more at
https://audiokitpro.com/hey-metronome/

Comments

• edited December 2019

Yeeha! And we've got a lot of things planned for Hey Metronome. I'm really looking forward to sharing it all with you and getting constructive feedback from this amazing forum!

• Now that's genius.. and FUN!

• This is a fab & innovative idea.. This will take out the pain in the butt of sifting thru apps to press the start REC button in your DAW... Ableton Link too... So you can use it with Ableton on your desktop also, if your using iPad with Desktop, if using iPad as a sound module..

• Well just had a little play... & yes, I know it’s only come out... So I know there’s gonna be teething probs, but, so far I found, that Hey Metronome is not being picked up by other app in Ableton Link.Or the other way round... . I tried Pure Acid, Funk Box, & a couple of others so far.. Not a moan... As it’s only just come out..

• edited December 2019

@studs1966. I just tested it with AUM and it worked. Sorry, if this seems basic, but we have to start somewhere. Have you turned Ableton Link on within the Settings page of Hey Metronome? You should be given a screen to also allow the synchronization of start/stop. Do you also have Hey Metronome set to work in the background?

• Here's a quick video of me controlling AUM right now:

• Sorry doesn’t work for me - might be okay for violinists but I’ve gotta take the trumpet away from my lips!
    Bad JOKE! Great idea - buying now!

• Glad to support AudioKit

• @aure said:
    @studs1966. I just tested it with AUM and it worked. Sorry, if this seems basic, but we have to start somewhere. Have you turned Ableton Link on within the Settings page of Hey Metronome? You should be given a screen to also allow the synchronization of start/stop. Do you also have Hey Metronome set to work in the background?

Hi Aure... Yes i did, Even started other apps before opening Hey Metro.. I haven't tried it in AUM yet, but i will when i get the chance.. Hey Metro is not picking up other app with Ableton Link enabled.. & the other way round.. But other apps are picking up each other.. In the Ableton Link search.... I will keep playing with it, just in case its my boo boo?

• HEY AudioKit ... Merry Christmas!

Bought, happy to further support the cause.

• But will it start the metronome going at full tilt with a 1-2-3-4 from Dee Dee?

• @jocphone Anything I can do to help create a virtual Dee Dee, I WILL DO! :)

• Great job especially adding the tempo markings such as ‘andante’ etc. So many metronome apps don’t and it’s a useful feature. Thanks!

• @aure said:
    Here's a quick video of me controlling AUM right now:

Purchased on the strength of the video.

Nice one.

• 5 YEARS FURTHER ON:

"Hey Siri... make a BPM 120 4/4 track in G minor for my EP of the week. Upload to Bandcamp. Re-set wake-up alarm for 10AM."

• @aure said:
    @jocphone Anything I can do to help create a virtual Dee Dee, I WILL DO! :)

You might want to leave some of his behaviour out of your app but wouldn’t it be cool to shout 1-2-3-4 at the metronome and it starts everything playing at the right tempo?

• I love the demo with link and AUM. Amazing that it listens for all that. I'm not sure I'm changing my BPM all that often where I need to run it in the background all the time but still so much fun not to have to take fingers off the guitar.

• @Gravitas said:

@aure said:

Nice one.

Thank you! Sometimes the lowest budget videos are the most convincing! (not that any of our videos have a budget!)

• edited December 2019

Awesome!! I just bought it and also gifted it to 3 other musicians who I think will dig it.

• @Gravitas said:

@aure said:

Nice one.

@anlog_matt @aure Great little app, fab it’s got Ableton full link start / stop support this is gonna be so much fun with the new Audiokit L7 Looper etc.

Hands free start / stop control for AUM and AB3 & BM3 here we come. You may be onto something here you could extend this voice control to midi functions! ie “ Hey Metronome” raise the volume on channel 3!”

Some of the drum sounds are really good. Any plans on making it IAA ?

• I will never allow my phone to use voice input to control anything, but I had to buy that in an instant just to support the awesome stuff you guys are doing.

Design and functionality are great!

Happy Christmas to everyone, of course especially to you guys from Audiokit!

• Weirdly was thinking a better metronome would be useful for AUM about a week ago. And here it is!

• @LeonKowalski said:
    I will never allow my phone to use voice input to control anything, but I had to buy that in an instant just to support the awesome stuff you guys are doing.

Design and functionality are great!

Happy Christmas to everyone, of course especially to you guys from Audiokit!

Basically this.
    But since I think to know the devs and they have created something that actually works inside the phone without any carrier or whatever... hmm 🤔 I think privacy is not an issue in this case (I may be wrong) ;)

• Hands free start / stop control for AUM and AB3 & BM3 here we come. You may be onto something here you could extend this voice control to midi functions! ie “ Hey Metronome” raise the volume on channel 3!”

I can do this sort of thing. What about something like "hey metronome, set continuous controller 1 to 100" where both the numbers can be any number zero to 127?

It's going above and beyond what we expect out of a metronome, but who doesn't care about such limitations? This guy! :)

I could do that too!

• @aure said:

Hands free start / stop control for AUM and AB3 & BM3 here we come. You may be onto something here you could extend this voice control to midi functions! ie “ Hey Metronome” raise the volume on channel 3!”

I can do this sort of thing. What about something like "hey metronome, set continuous controller 1 to 100" where both the numbers can be any number zero to 127?

It's going above and beyond what we expect out of a metronome, but who doesn't care about such limitations? This guy! :)

I could do that too!

@aure So good to hear you consider it for CC control.

• @aure

Tried ,'Hey Metronome', for
    the first time yesterday
    alongside AUM.

Very, very cool.

• Here is my Demo for Hey Metronome