Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 - BUGS (on topic)

Comments

• @LFS

Awesome, thank you! :)

• @AudioGus said:
    @LFS

Awesome, thank you! :)

Sure thing... ;)

• Hi all,

Since I did see it in one of the clips (was from AudioGus, I believe).
    Please note that, when running both Cubasis 2 and Cubasis 3 at the same time, puts extra pressure on CPU and memory.

Best,
    Lars

• edited December 2019

@LFS said:
    Hi all,

Please note that, when running both Cubasis 2 and Cubasis 3 at the same time, puts extra pressure on CPU and memory.

Best,
    Lars

Tis true. That one video was the only time I had both running though and that bug (Moving tracks vertically in Cubasis 3 does not auto scroll the timeline) happens regardless.

• @AudioGus said:

@LFS said:
    Hi all,

Best,
    Lars

Tis true. That one video was the only time I had both running though and that bug (Moving tracks vertically in Cubasis 3 does not auto scroll the timeline) happens regardless.

Thanks @AudioGus,

Did you experience any performance issues when running both apps at the same time?
    I am wondering if this is also the case for other users, and may creates some of the issues.

Thanks
    Lars

• edited December 2019

@LFS said:

@AudioGus said:

@LFS said:
    Hi all,

Best,
    Lars

Thanks @AudioGus,

Did you experience any performance issues when running both apps at the same time?
    I am wondering if this is also the case for other users, and may creates some of the issues.

Thanks
    Lars

I only ran both apps for a minute purely for the sake of keeping that one video as succinct as possible. Cubasis 2 only had empty tracks and I didn't actually play anything in the video, just slid the track vertically.

• edited December 2019

Had my first two app crashes and realized C3 doesn't save the last state when it crashes and opened with an at least 5 minutes older version.

• @DEADCIRCUITGOD said:
    I’m getting an insane amount of instability in general, I have a ton of video of it Lars if you’d like to view it. I used it for a few mins, seemed normal until I actually tried to do anything, prematurely left good review. I have absolutely none of these issues in Cubasis 2.
    Very frequent hangs/crashes
    Audio inputs don’t work half the time
    Group channels in mixer cause tracks in group to not show sound levels in mixer
    Apple Pencil doesn’t work
    External inputs from audiofuse interface don’t seem to work at all. Outputs all work through audiofuse fine.
    Also, I don’t request refunds like ever, but when I have to there was no prob, but I can’t get a refund at all, my reason of “this app is totally unusable" is apparently not justification for a refund. This app is way too much money to not work, let alone not be able to get a refund.
    I understand that app launches can be problematic. I also understand iOS has been plagued since iOS 12 w audio problems, some of which still exist in 13 to some extent. This is what I’ve dealt with since I bought this 3rd gen pro. And I’m not just placing all the blame on app devs, I know apple has done their part in not caring about a lot of these issues, while many devs are unable to really do anything about apples os issues, and they are the ones that lose money when people get mad and stop buying audio apps/plugins.
    But it’s kind of different when the app like doesn’t work enough to do anything at all... I spent quite a few hours trying workarounds and such but still couldn’t even begin to record anything. Everything seems fine until you try to input signals, with or without an external interface.
    Back to just using good ol reliable AUM routed to Ableton live. If possible I really would like a refund, I’d be happy to pay again in the future when this is usable and has midi learn for the mixer and transport and such.
    Edit: I’ll say that the time stretch algorithms seem to work great, on a positive note lol.

Yeah same here .. I’d really like my money back too .. it’s just unusable in its current state for what I’m doing .. Cubasis 2 is just fine. I too will be glad to buy Cubasis 3 again sometime in the future when it actually works properly. In all the years I’ve used iPads I’ve never ever requested a refund .. but this is just too much $ to waste.

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2019

@cloudswimmer said:

@DEADCIRCUITGOD said:
    I’m getting an insane amount of instability in general, I have a ton of video of it Lars if you’d like to view it. I used it for a few mins, seemed normal until I actually tried to do anything, prematurely left good review. I have absolutely none of these issues in Cubasis 2.
    Very frequent hangs/crashes
    Audio inputs don’t work half the time
    Group channels in mixer cause tracks in group to not show sound levels in mixer
    Apple Pencil doesn’t work
    External inputs from audiofuse interface don’t seem to work at all. Outputs all work through audiofuse fine.
    Also, I don’t request refunds like ever, but when I have to there was no prob, but I can’t get a refund at all, my reason of “this app is totally unusable" is apparently not justification for a refund. This app is way too much money to not work, let alone not be able to get a refund.
    I understand that app launches can be problematic. I also understand iOS has been plagued since iOS 12 w audio problems, some of which still exist in 13 to some extent. This is what I’ve dealt with since I bought this 3rd gen pro. And I’m not just placing all the blame on app devs, I know apple has done their part in not caring about a lot of these issues, while many devs are unable to really do anything about apples os issues, and they are the ones that lose money when people get mad and stop buying audio apps/plugins.
    But it’s kind of different when the app like doesn’t work enough to do anything at all... I spent quite a few hours trying workarounds and such but still couldn’t even begin to record anything. Everything seems fine until you try to input signals, with or without an external interface.
    Back to just using good ol reliable AUM routed to Ableton live. If possible I really would like a refund, I’d be happy to pay again in the future when this is usable and has midi learn for the mixer and transport and such.
    Edit: I’ll say that the time stretch algorithms seem to work great, on a positive note lol.

Yeah same here .. I’d really like my money back too .. it’s just unusable in its current state for what I’m doing .. Cubasis 2 is just fine. I too will be glad to buy Cubasis 3 again sometime in the future when it actually works properly. In all the years I’ve used iPads I’ve never ever requested a refund .. but this is just too much $ to waste.

Hi @cloudswimmer, Hi @ @DEADCIRCUITGOD,

I‘m sorry to read about your issues.

Are you able to provide more details?

We‘d surely like to quickly address the problems.

And there is a good chance to do so, once our engineers can reproduce them.

Thank you,
    Lars

• edited December 2019

Ouch.

Tried to add a nice Ravenscroft piano to my first C3 project. Although the rest of the project consists entirely of imported audio files (from Groovebox and AUM), Ravenscroft being the only AUv3 in it: no way. Crackling and crashing and sound breakdowns and playhead jumping around and skipping beats galore. Complete CPU or RAM overkill. No chance to play the piano track to the rest of the song. Unusable right now.

• @LeonKowalski said:
    Ouch.

Tried to add a nice Ravenscroft piano to my first C3 project. Although the rest of the project consists entirely of imported audio files (from Groovebox and AUM), Ravenscroft being the only AUv3 in it: no way. Crackling and crashing and sound breakdowns and playhead jumping around and skipping beats galore. Complete CPU or RAM overkill. No chance to play the piano track to the rest of the song. Unusable right now.

Yep same here, then a horrible loud pop that almost took out my tweeters and kicked my tinnitus up another notch .....DONE

• edited December 2019

Ok, at the moment I cannot open EG pulse auv3 and everytime I try cubasis 3 crashes badly. As well the ruis noirmaker auv3 don't record midi into the app. Some other apps seems to work fine at the moment so far so good...

By the way I like the new gui in cubasis 3 and the groups and media bay are great.... but I really would love to have more than one group track containing the same individuals tracks inside, as a regular bus aux audio would do. There is always a workaround of course but...

One more thing. I really don't know if this is intended or a bug but everytime I open a project i've been working the mixer resets itself to the small channels portrait instead of the way you just leaved when you closed the project.

I trust most of this stuff will be fixed soon.

Merry Christmas 🙂

• edited December 2019

@cloudswimmer said:

@LeonKowalski said:
    Ouch.

Yep same here, then a horrible loud pop that almost took out my tweeters and kicked my tinnitus up another notch .....DONE

Never run expensive monitors directly from an output of ANY kind of computerized device!

• When will the next update come out? because so far I think we are the only ones in history who have paid $ 50 to allow us to be beta tester’s 😭

• @SevenSystems said:

@cloudswimmer said:

@LeonKowalski said:
    Ouch.

Never run expensive monitors directly from an output of ANY kind of computerized device!

Thanks for the warning. Never would man .. I’ve been at this over 40 years and know better .. they were old school cheap Logitech’s that sit next to real near fields. If you want to actually see what happened here is a video below .. I purposely have the volume turned way way down when the music starts so that when it starts to go haywire those that don’t know better don’t take THEIR monitors out lol. Merry Christmas!

• @cloudswimmer said:

@SevenSystems said:

@cloudswimmer said:

@LeonKowalski said:
    Ouch.

Thanks for the warning. Never would man .. I’ve been at this over 40 years and know better .. they were old school cheap Logitech’s that sit next to real near fields. If you want to actually see what happened here is a video below .. I purposely have the volume turned way way down when the music starts so that when it starts to go haywire those that don’t know better don’t take THEIR monitors out lol. Merry Christmas!

Holy smokes that’s pretty serious! You sent this video to @LFS I hope?

• @papertiger said:

@cloudswimmer said:

@SevenSystems said:

@cloudswimmer said:

@LeonKowalski said:
    Ouch.

Not yet .. I already have three other bugs officially registered at the Cubasis forum. Quite frankly I’m getting tired messing with it, I think I’m going to report this and then just take the app off my iPad and send an official refund request to Apple and see what happens. BTW this is on a 4gb 2nd generation iPad Pro 12.9” running IOS 13.2.2, and the song is fine when I play it and work on it in Cubasis 2.

• @cloudswimmer said:

@papertiger said:

@cloudswimmer said:

@SevenSystems said:

@cloudswimmer said:

@LeonKowalski said:
    Ouch.

Not yet .. I already have three other bugs officially registered at the Cubasis forum. Quite frankly I’m getting tired messing with it, I think I’m going to report this and then just take the app off my iPad and send an official refund request to Apple and see what happens. BTW this is on a 4gb 2nd generation iPad Pro 12.9” running IOS 13.2.2, and the song is fine when I play it and work on it in Cubasis 2.

I’ve stopped using Cubasis 3 until they fix it. I believe @LFS when he says that the team has been working insanely hard, but they released a buggy Minimum Viable Product. I’m not sure what doing so was balanced against, but I hope it was worth it. This release has tarnished Steinberg’s reputation on iOS, I think. I hope they recover by updating the app quickly and effectively.

• edited December 2019

@cloudswimmer that for sure sounds like a direct impact :) "ordinary" full-on digital randomness (white noise), but at least topped off with a hint of reverb!

• @papertiger said:

@cloudswimmer said:

@SevenSystems said:

@cloudswimmer said:

@LeonKowalski said:
    Ouch.

Hi cloudswimmer,

We are very sorry about the issue you've encountered with Cubasis 3.
    Please note that your issue has been entered to the bugbase:

CBT-1310
    Serious Audio Glitches And Lag (AUDIOBURST!!!)

Thank you,
    Lars

• @papertiger said:

@cloudswimmer said:

@SevenSystems said:

@cloudswimmer said:

@LeonKowalski said:
    Ouch.

That happened to me with Cubasis 2 also on some occasions, especially when an audio track has a lot of reverb and I slide it while it is playing

• @papertiger said:

@cloudswimmer said:

@papertiger said:

@cloudswimmer said:

@SevenSystems said:

@cloudswimmer said:

@LeonKowalski said:
    Ouch.

I’ve stopped using Cubasis 3 until they fix it. I believe @LFS when he says that the team has been working insanely hard, but they released a buggy Minimum Viable Product. I’m not sure what doing so was balanced against, but I hope it was worth it. This release has tarnished Steinberg’s reputation on iOS, I think. I hope they recover by updating the app quickly and effectively.

Publishing an alpha version too early is certainly not the developers' fault and now @LFS is doing his best to mediate as good as possible in this situation.
    The only reason I can imagine for the early release was rather a management decision at Steinberg.

• edited December 2019

I didn’t mean to impugn the developer team. When I said “they released” I meant Steinberg. I should have clarified.

I agree that it was probably a management decision, or maybe tied to an internal performance metric, but in either case @LFS has been left to deal with the mess and he’s doing an amazing job of it. I hope he gets some well deserved time off and rest this week!

I’m confident that Cubasis 3 will be improved because Cubasis 2 is pretty damn awesome. Cubasis 3 just isn’t ready for prime time yet.

• First off I am sorry to @LFS if he has answered this particular issue but after searching this forum and the Steinberg forum I haven’t seen anything similar to my situation.

Cubasis 3 IAP transfer from Cubasis 2 (upgraded from Cubasis 2 LE promo offer) not working.

Several years ago I purchased a Tascam US 2x2 USB interface that included a code to upgrade Cubasis 2 LE on iOS to the full Cubasis 2 version. I bought Cubasis 2 LE on the App Store and using the promo offer I was able to upgrade to the full Cubasis 2. Over time I purchased every IAP purchase available. I like Steinberg’s products and don’t have an issue supporting the company within reason, so I just bought the new Cubasis 3 app.All information stated that Cubasis 2 IAP would be transferable to Cubasis 3.

When I installed Cubasis 3 and attempted to restore my Cubasis 2 IAP (app v.2.8.2) it did not work. No dialog box pop up, when I hit “restore purchases “ a notice saying no purchases found pops up.

I expected to see my Cubasis 2 IAP purchases transferred/honored in Cubasis 3. What actually happened was the exact opposite, nothing, no transfer, etc.

I am using an iPad Air 3 with iPadOS 13.2.3, the Cubasis 3 version is the brand new version from the store, the Cubasis 2 version is 2.8.2

I have run into issues over the years because of the upgrade path I took from Cubasis 2 LE to the full version. I once wrote on the Steinberg forum to @LFS suggesting that if the USB interface upgrade bonus promotion the company used for so long was such a big hassle why do it? Why not give customers like me the full version so this couldn’t be used as an excuse for bugs and compatibility issues in the future? Well here we are again...

I paid the $50 for version 3. I have purchased all of the IAP that Steinberg has made available through Cubasis. I have always put over Cubasis as a great piece of software for music production, writing positive reviews whenever possible. All I want is for my IAP’s to be usable in version 3, that’s it!

The only solution I could gather from this forum & Steinberg’s was something about a Cubasis 3 LE version coming in March and that may allow the IAP to be used?...The whole reason the LE version exists is for people to see how good the app is and then hopefully upgrade to the full version. Why are the LE to full version upgrades gimped like this? Just honor the app as the full version if someone upgrades!

I still want Cubasis 3 and don’t feel any of this inconvenience should be shouldered on the customer. Every time issues like this arise developers retreat behind the “Apple handles all the purchases, refunds, etc.” excuse, like there’s some cloudy confusion about their relationship with Apple. I do not want to wait months for what I just purchased. Either codes for the IAP’s in Cubasis 3 or an Apple Store credit for that amount should be provided. Because my only other option is what? Getting a full refund on the Cubasis 3 app? Because of the way I upgraded to Cubasis 2 from 2 LE the solution of me getting Cubasis 3 LE won’t work because it will then cost me more money to upgrade to the full version of 3. Come on man....

@LFS I’d really appreciate your help with this. Thank you...

• edited December 2019

@JRSIV said:
    First off I am sorry to @LFS if he has answered this particular issue but after searching this forum and the Steinberg forum I haven’t seen anything similar to my situation.

Cubasis 3 IAP transfer from Cubasis 2 (upgraded from Cubasis 2 LE promo offer) not working.

Several years ago I purchased a Tascam US 2x2 USB interface that included a code to upgrade Cubasis 2 LE on iOS to the full Cubasis 2 version. I bought Cubasis 2 LE on the App Store and using the promo offer I was able to upgrade to the full Cubasis 2. Over time I purchased every IAP purchase available. I like Steinberg’s products and don’t have an issue supporting the company within reason, so I just bought the new Cubasis 3 app.All information stated that Cubasis 2 IAP would be transferable to Cubasis 3.

When I installed Cubasis 3 and attempted to restore my Cubasis 2 IAP (app v.2.8.2) it did not work. No dialog box pop up, when I hit “restore purchases “ a notice saying no purchases found pops up.

I expected to see my Cubasis 2 IAP purchases transferred/honored in Cubasis 3. What actually happened was the exact opposite, nothing, no transfer, etc.

I am using an iPad Air 3 with iPadOS 13.2.3, the Cubasis 3 version is the brand new version from the store, the Cubasis 2 version is 2.8.2

I have run into issues over the years because of the upgrade path I took from Cubasis 2 LE to the full version. I once wrote on the Steinberg forum to @LFS suggesting that if the USB interface upgrade bonus promotion the company used for so long was such a big hassle why do it? Why not give customers like me the full version so this couldn’t be used as an excuse for bugs and compatibility issues in the future? Well here we are again...

I paid the $50 for version 3. I have purchased all of the IAP that Steinberg has made available through Cubasis. I have always put over Cubasis as a great piece of software for music production, writing positive reviews whenever possible. All I want is for my IAP’s to be usable in version 3, that’s it!

The only solution I could gather from this forum & Steinberg’s was something about a Cubasis 3 LE version coming in March and that may allow the IAP to be used?...The whole reason the LE version exists is for people to see how good the app is and then hopefully upgrade to the full version. Why are the LE to full version upgrades gimped like this? Just honor the app as the full version if someone upgrades!

I still want Cubasis 3 and don’t feel any of this inconvenience should be shouldered on the customer. Every time issues like this arise developers retreat behind the “Apple handles all the purchases, refunds, etc.” excuse, like there’s some cloudy confusion about their relationship with Apple. I do not want to wait months for what I just purchased. Either codes for the IAP’s in Cubasis 3 or an Apple Store credit for that amount should be provided. Because my only other option is what? Getting a full refund on the Cubasis 3 app? Because of the way I upgraded to Cubasis 2 from 2 LE the solution of me getting Cubasis 3 LE won’t work because it will then cost me more money to upgrade to the full version of 3. Come on man....

I had to load Cubasis 2 and hit this button...

At which point Cubasis 3 automatically loads and you get this...

(I think we have to ignore the fact that is says Cubasis 3 LE on the far left of the first screenshot. No idea why that is there. I think it is a typo.)

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2019

@JRSIV said:
    First off I am sorry to @LFS if he has answered this particular issue but after searching this forum and the Steinberg forum I haven’t seen anything similar to my situation.

Hi @JRSIV,

Thank you for your message.

Please note that Apple does not offer upgrades between apps.
    The available Full Feature Set in-app purchase, updates Cubasis LE 2 with all features of Cubasis 2.

Cubasis LE 3 is planned to be released at the end of March 2020.

We plan to add a similar IAP Transfer option to Cubasis LE 3, to allow transferring Cubasis LE 2 in-app purchases to Cubasis LE 3. This option is not planned for the Cubasis LE 2 Full Feature Set in-app purchase.

We also plan to add a new Cubasis LE 3 Full Feature Set IAP, that allows to update Cubasis LE 3 with all features of Cubasis 3.
    Here, the app name and app icon remains to be Cubasis LE 3, as it is the case with Cubasis LE 2.

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS is this normal? I just added a lot of effects in the send slots.more than 8 as advertised

• edited December 2019

guys,PLEASE stay on topic.There was a reason i created this thread.Leave all upgrade/price discussions or other chatter in the other thread.Post your bugs here.Thanks.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/36275/cubasis-3-for-iphone-and-ipad-available#latest

• Hi @JRSIV,

Thank you for your message.

Please note that Apple does not offer upgrades between apps.
    The available Full Feature Set in-app purchase, updates Cubasis LE 2 with all features of Cubasis 2.

Cubasis LE 3 is planned to be released at the end of March 2020.

We plan to add a similar IAP Transfer option to Cubasis LE 3, to allow transferring Cubasis LE 2 in-app purchases to Cubasis LE 3. This option is not planned for the Cubasis LE 2 Full Feature Set in-app purchase.

We also plan to add a new Cubasis LE 3 Full Feature Set IAP, that allows to update Cubasis LE 3 with all features of Cubasis 3.
    Here, the app name and app icon remains to be Cubasis LE 3, as it is the case with Cubasis LE 2.

Best,
    Lars

So @LFS you just gave me the form letter response that you’re giving everyone else. I have already purchased Cubasis 3, I’m not looking for an “upgrade path”. So going by what you’re saying: I have to buy Cubasis LE3 too? For all intents and purposes I OWN Cubasis 2 but because of some programming roadblock I am always considered a Cubasis LE2 customer. You are not honoring the usb interface upgrade promotion nor are you giving me any options when you treat the app I’ve used for years as a gimped version of Cubasis!

What do you suggest I do then?

Seek a refund from Apple for the cost of Cubasis 3?

It sounds like if I ever want to use the IAP plugins I have purchased (without shelling out another $30+), I have to buy Cubasis LE3 when it becomes available, and then buy the in app full version upgrade INSIDE LE3 and THEN I might be able to use my original IAP’s? All while still owning the full version of 3 for all intents and purposes but stuck again with an app with an LE designation....unbelievable.

You can make this right very easily: because of the issues with YOUR original promo plan (I bought that Tascam interface specifically to get Cubasis LE!), you should provide codes for the IAP’s inside Cubasis 3.

I have always been respectful to you and have supported Steinberg for years. I love Cubasis and want the FULL capabilities of the full version. You answering my bug report with the suggestion that I just wait three months and buy Cubasis 3 LE is just not acceptable.

You tell me what I should do....

• @AudioGus said:

I had to load Cubasis 2 and hit this button...

>

At which point Cubasis 3 automatically loads and you get this...

>

(I think we have to ignore the fact that is says Cubasis 3 LE on the far left of the first screenshot. No idea why that is there. I think it is a typo.)

Thanks brother I tried it, no dice. It’s because I upgraded to Cubasis 2 through the in app Cubasis LE2 upgrade. Apparently that has screwed everything up for me. They tell me to wait 3 months and buy Cubasis LE3...well, I have already bought Cubasis 3. So just a real disappointment...especially because whenever I had the chance (Apple Store, forums, talking to friends) I put Cubasis over like crazy, 5 stars, a must buy, etc. IT IS a great app. Which makes stuff like this so unfortunate. If it was shit I’d just say forget it...