Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster One is out!

Comments

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    One years since last update to Synthmaster One (iOS/iPadOS), but, I thought a new version was near for several month ago...?
    Version 1.3 perhaps?

1.3 coming... regular updates from Bulent & Co in the Synthmaster FB group about the progress. Not that far away it seems..

😊👍

• Hi guys,

SynthMaster One iPhone is uploaded to TestFlight. Once Apple approves (24-48 hours) beta testing will start!

Please PM me your email if you'd like to test the iPhone only version!

I'm hoping to upload the Universal App to TestFlight on Friday.

Happy holidays folks!

BB

• edited December 2019

I thought that there was going to be a store window implemented into SM1... Or, what’s the process to buy soundbanks for it?

• @kv331audio_bulent Received a TestFlight notification for universal SM1 but there is nothing to install

• @RajahP said:
    I thought that there was going to be a store window implemented into SM1... Or, what’s the process to buy soundbanks for it?

Hit Browse. Button at top.

• At last we have possibilities to test v.1.30 of Synthmaster One Universal!

Best sounding synth on iOS/iPadOS!!

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    At last we have possibilities to test v.1.30 of Synthmaster One Universal!

Best sounding synth on iOS/iPadOS!!

Thank you!

here's the beta registration link:

https://testflight.apple.com/join/9arSp29l

ENJOY!

• edited December 2019

I'll shoot a video tomorrow showing the new features.

I'm also hoping for a new update tonight. Universal/iPhone together. I hope Apple approves it before they enter Christmas holiday week.

• BTW, an important fix in this build: Looks like for the past 2 years, SynthMaster One was calculating its "internal" buffer size incorrectly. Large was supposed to be 64 sample (but was 32), Normal was supposed to be 32 samples (but was 16). I fixed that and now the CPU consumption should be less than before.

Also, I added "Global Polyphony". I usually keep it at 8 voices, and set voice trigger mode to "Resume". In "Resume", when a voice is stolen, the envelopes are continuous, as in analog synths.

• edited December 2019

@kv331audio_bulent Thanks for the sale: now I have SM1 and have to say it's wonderful...keep up this great App

• @kv331audio_bulent said:
    BTW, an important fix in this build: Looks like for the past 2 years, SynthMaster One was calculating its "internal" buffer size incorrectly. Large was supposed to be 64 sample (but was 32), Normal was supposed to be 32 samples (but was 16). I fixed that and now the CPU consumption should be less than before.

Also, I added "Global Polyphony". I usually keep it at 8 voices, and set voice trigger mode to "Resume". In "Resume", when a voice is stolen, the envelopes are continuous, as in analog synths.

Truly Excellent!

• @kv331audio_bulent Expand button on iPad is displaying just a white screen in place of the top 2 keyboards.

Also, please add Expand to the iPhone version and show a second keyboard on the top because there are hardly 14 keys in the phone version and a second keyboard is highly desired.

• This is a great app. I love the sound and the desktop presets upgrade (1250 presets!) is killer! Thanks @kv331audio_bulent

• edited December 2019

@MobileMusic said:
    @kv331audio_bulent Expand button on iPad is displaying just a white screen in place of the top 2 keyboards.

Also, please add Expand to the iPhone version and show a second keyboard on the top because there are hardly 14 keys in the phone version and a second keyboard is highly desired.

I'll fix the empty dialog box in the next build.

Regarding expand, sure I can do that. but on 7/8 Plus or X/XR/11 skins. There's not enough space for an XPand button on the iPhone 6/7/8.

EDIT: I can put a Zoom icon next to the Hold button. There's some space for that on the 6/7/8.

• @anickt said:
    This is a great app. I love the sound and the desktop presets upgrade (1250 presets!) is killer! Thanks @kv331audio_bulent

I'm glad you like it. Thanks for the encouraging words!

• edited December 2019

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@MobileMusic said:
    @kv331audio_bulent Expand button on iPad is displaying just a white screen in place of the top 2 keyboards.

I'll fix the empty dialog box in the next build.

Regarding expand, sure I can do that. but on 7/8 Plus or X/XR/11 skins. There's not enough space for an XPand button on the iPhone 6/7/8.

EDIT: I can put a Zoom icon next to the Hold button. There's some space for that on the 6/7/8.

Icon is fine.

If really running out of room, you could add Fill, Hold and Expand as dropdown items in a single Keyboard button menu. These are infrequently used actions and ok to reside in a dropdown menu.

• edited December 2019

@kv331audio_bulent I was trying to restore a preset from Google Drive by using Open In... action. It showed SM1 on iPhone in the available apps, I tapped SM1 but the preset did not get saved into it

Save Preset as did not work either. Asked for a bank name, I input User bank but it did not get saved. Even the new bank is not created in standalone.

When marked a preset as first Favorite, the new favorites bank does not appear until next launch. You could create Favorites bank during install and just let it always remain - empty or not.

When I tap Online bank in Browser, the results did not change - still showing all local presets.

Save to cloud option is missing. No way to export presets for backup and no way to restore from backup

• @MobileMusic said:
    @kv331audio_bulent I was trying to restore a preset from Google Drive by using Open In... action. It showed SM1 on iPhone in the available apps, I tapped SM1 but the preset did not get saved into it

Save Preset as did not work either. Asked for a bank name, I input User bank but it did not get saved. Even the new bank is not created in standalone.

When marked a preset as first Favorite, the new favorites bank does not appear until next launch. You could create Favorites bank during install and just let it always remain - empty or not.

When I tap Online bank in Browser, the results did not change - still showing all local presets.

Save to cloud option is missing. No way to export presets for backup and no way to restore from backup

Yeah I was wondering if I was doing something wrong or not.

What about importing banks or presets? This an option now?

• edited December 2019

@kv331audio_bulent On iPhone 6s, the last key D4 doesn’t work. On GB there is a friendly feature - we can swipe past the first/last key into the edge of iPad/iPhone and it plays another note that is outside the boundaries of the screen as a bonus. Hope you could implement such a feature. Or at least the visible keys should work as intended

• I’m also finding it way more laggy, especially when browsing presets. Sometimes I’ll scroll presets which then the “momentum” can’t be stopped. Earlier version was more crisp in its navigation.

Also since I’m also still creating with this thing, if I make a patch I live, will it live through past the beta versions?

• edited December 2019

@kv331audio_bulent Mod wheel glitch persists - on touching it, it goes all the way up or down quickly. It should stay in the middle and let us decide which way to go

• edited December 2019

@carbonchris said:
    I’m also finding it way more laggy, especially when browsing presets. Sometimes I’ll scroll presets which then the “momentum” can’t be stopped. Earlier version was more crisp in its navigation.

Also since I’m also still creating with this thing, if I make a patch I live, will it live through past the beta versions?

Scrolling was always hyper in this app not sure why. It is not the usual O/S scrolling but feels like some custom scrolling which is not user friendly. Usual scrolling is good enough for most users

• @carbonchris said:

Please use our cloud sync feature: Click on the preset name, and select "Sync My Presets" menu.

• @carbonchris said:

Please use our cloud sync feature: Click on the preset name, and select "Sync My Presets" menu. This way, you can sync your SM1 related data on multiple machines/platforms (Win Mac iPad iPhone)

• edited December 2019

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@carbonchris said:

Please use our cloud sync feature: Click on the preset name, and select "Sync My Presets" menu. This way, you can sync your SM1 related data on multiple machines/platforms (Win Mac iPad iPhone)

@kv331audio_bulent My iPad is discharged now so cannot verify it. On iPhone, there are only 2 options under Save button in standalone -

• Save Preset As
    • Set as Default Preset

Where is the option to Sync My Presets?

Also, sync'ing may work with v1.3 presets (if the Sync option is made available). How to bring presets backed up to Google Drive into v1.3? I tried Open In... from the Drive app but it doesn't import the presets into SM1. I remember Open In... was working previous version. The Open In... would be useful if bringing in presets from other sources instead of just sync'ing our own sources. If we find a preset online, there should be a way to import it.

• @MobileMusic said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@carbonchris said:

@kv331audio_bulent My iPad is discharged now so cannot verify it. On iPhone, there are only 2 options under Save button in standalone -

• Save Preset As
    • Set as Default Preset

Also, sync'ing may work with v1.3 presets (if the Sync option is made available). How to bring presets backed up to Google Drive into v1.3? I tried Open In... from the Drive app but it doesn't import the presets into SM1. I remember Open In... was working previous version. The Open In... would be useful if bringing in presets from other sources instead of just sync'ing our own sources. If we find a preset online, there should be a way to import it.

Hit the preset display...

• I have iCloud active on my iPad. There is a Synthmaster One folder in the Files app in the On My iPad location with nothing in it and nothing at all in the iCloud Drive location. There is no Move To iCloud option in SM as shown in the manual. Sync My Presets to Cloud and Download Public Presets from Cloud seem to be working correctly. It would be nice to have a choice of what Public Presets to download.

• edited December 2019

@RajahP said:

@MobileMusic said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@carbonchris said:

• Save Preset As
    • Set as Default Preset

Hit the preset display...

Yes I see that. But I don’t see a way to bring in presets from old SM1 that did not have cloud sync. My old presets are in Google Drive and Open In... does not work.

• @MobileMusic same here but don’t forget this is beta and everything may not work as expected. Just keep reporting any issues and they’ll get fixed.

• I must say, though, not bad for a “beta”

This discussion has been closed.