Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gospel Musicians Launches IMPULSation on Sale for $6.99

IMPULSation is an impulse response/convolution reverb that allows you to load in your own impulses for an an unlimited amount of reverb and amp possibilities. To give you an idea of the power of this app: There are literally hundreds of thousands of impulses freely available online and our app will load them all, given that it’s properly formatted in either .wav or .aif format. Say for example you have an electric piano sound that you want to run through a classic Fender™ AMP. You do a web search for “Fender AMP Impulses” and pick from the thousands of possibilities. You will literally spend hours upon hours freely downloading all of the available spaces, amps, reverbs, and/or delays to use within your favorite AUv3 DAW.

The technology of convolving and deconvolving is a method of putting in a signal through an amp, reverb unit, delay unit, or space and with sophisticated mathematical interpolations techniques, you can create a very close replica of the actual source. Our IMPULSation is specifically designed for AMPs, reverbs, delays, and spaces of which our code is optimized to detect which is being used. The detection allows us to optimize the signal for better CPU and for optimal sound.

As with all of our other apps, our goal is always simplicity with power. We give you all the important features needed for a great sound, without being too complex. The features are as follows:

General Features:

• AUv3
  • AAX
  • 88 Factory Presets
  • The ability to load in your own impulses using the iOS files app (Works With External Drives via iPadOS)
  • MIDI Learn parameter

_**SPECIAL NOTE: Importing works by selecting a folder with .aif or .wav files in it and all of the files will be imported from that folder. _

App Controls:

• Pre-Delay
  • Wet Controls with Range control for precise scaling
  • Dry Controls
  • Decay Controls
  • Waveform View
  • Stereo Widener that enhances pre-stereo signals
  • Master Output

Includes Over 200 Impulses from very popular vintage reverb units:

• LEX200
  • LEX480X
  • RLND RE201
  • RLND DEP3 Echo
  • EMT 244
  • NBA Lush
  • ASR-10/DP4
  • Exotic Places
  • Special FX

ATTENTION iFX Rack Users:

1. The default reverbs are the ones from the FantasyVerb
  2. We will be offering a paid IAP option to import impulses.

Comments

• @GospelMusicians

Does this have IAP's ???

• Congratulations Jamal! This will be a great addition to our AU arsenals.
    Thank you.

• @Gravitas said:
    @GospelMusicians

Does this have IAP's ???

Nope...You get all of the reverbs and the ability to load your own impulses upon purchase. We do have plans for more Spaces and amps for IAPs in the future.

• @GospelMusicians

Thank you for your prompt reply.

• @Gravitas said:
    @GospelMusicians

Does this have IAP's ???

No, IFX rack becomes a IAP to import impulses from IMPULSation

• Actually even cheaper, at £4.99 – apologies if that's a mistake, or the GBP has inexplicably bounced back…
    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/impulsation/id1469723900

• @Masanga said:
    Actually even cheaper, at £4.99 – apologies if that's a mistake, or the GBP has inexplicably bounced back…

Yeah, we used that price during the beta testing stage. I guess it hasn't propagated yet.

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    Instabuy.

Lololol

I bought Neo Soul Keys Studio v1 at full price a couple of weeks before ii came out.
    I went straight for v1 rather than the original which was ad supported.

On the off chance I downloaded and opened up the original
    Neo-Soul Keys and got the whole thing for £1.99 as it works on iphone
    and I don't need AUV3 for that.

Instabuy.

• edited December 2019

@GospelMusicians said:

@Masanga said:
    Actually even cheaper, at £4.99 – apologies if that's a mistake, or the GBP has inexplicably bounced back…

Yeah, we used that price during the beta testing stage. I guess it hasn't propagated yet.

Ok, so what about us that bought it just now at the 4.99 price?

Have yet to try it, but just the 200 IRs of reverbs should be worth it. Thank you

• edited December 2019

Great looking fwd to hearing some examples and videos first wonder what the cpu is like with it. I have the iFX so probably won’t jump on this till a good selection of independent impulses are made available. Love the ones Ableton suite has I wonder if you can import these in.

• I must say it's a pity that they took that one
    of the App Store as there are a bunch of students
    who would love to have that on their phones.
    Beats getting a Nord when you're student
    and better sounding I must say though the studio versions
    are a big improvement in terms of sound.

Creative teacher here who used to work in troubled areas.

• Yay looking forward to this!

But ... Not universal? Why?? It’s such a simple UI.

• @wim said:
    Yay looking forward to this!

Universal is not as easy as it sounds with the notch and and so many different sizes. Nothing in programming is as simple as it seems unfortunately.

• @wim said:

+1

• What sample resolution is this ?
    For example can I load impulses from 3 sigma audio? 2048/1024 for acoustic

1. Is impulse import possible or will it come via the upcoming IAP?
    2. What’s the cpu/ram load like?
  • wimwim
    edited December 2019

@GospelMusicians said:

@wim said:

Universal is not as easy as it sounds with the notch and and so many different sizes. Nothing in programming is as simple as it seems unfortunately.

Love ya' and your apps Jamal, but I gotta say that sounds pretty lame. You've got some of the best apps out there and you're basically saying your team is less capable than the dozens and of others that routinely produce universal apps.

I'd much rather have heard, "sorry, it isn't worth it financially", or "sorry, we don't want to because we'd rather have fancy looking bitmap UI's than any of that yucky scalable vector stuff". But just saying "Its too hard" ... I think better of your team than that.

Well, I already have a universal convolution AU that cost, like, $1.50 or something. It's ugly as can be but I don't care as long as it works. Sure I'm gonna buy yours too, but honestly, I'd give up that pretty UI for something more easily scalable any day.

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

@supadom said:
    1. Is impulse import possible or will it come via the upcoming IAP?

Wow. Didn't even read the app description or at least skim the thread before asking?
    Yes import is possible. No IAP needed.

• Very hard to test every device, but we significantly reduced the CPU and have added some pre-analysis checks for certain devices. We also added extended logging for specific devices just for cpu checks.

• @wim said:

@GospelMusicians said:

@wim said:

Love ya' and your apps Jamal, but I gotta say that sounds pretty lame. You've got some of the best apps out there and you're basically saying your team is less capable than the dozens and dozens of others that routinely produce universal apps.

I'd much rather have heard, "sorry, it isn't worth it financially", or "sorry, we don't want to because we'd rather have fancy looking bitmap UI's than any of that yucky scalable vector stuff". But just saying "Its too hard" ... I think better of your team than that.

Well, I already have a universal convolution AU that cost, like, $1.50 or something. It's ugly as can be but I don't care as long as it works. Sure I'm gonna buy yours too, but honestly, I'd give up that pretty UI for something more easily scalable any day.

This.

• Well I bought it. Seems legit.

• @bato said:

@GospelMusicians said:

@Masanga said:

Have yet to try it, but just the 200 IRs of reverbs should be worth it. Thank you

well congrats.. you beat the now delayed JAX convoluter pro to the post.. but I’m seeing £4.99 as the uk price which is again not equivalent to $4.99 .. it’s a small thing to quibble about I know, I know..
    almost certainly not yr fault but it does propogate this continuing feeling that Apple in the UK are all about the Middle Classes or people that do maths on their fingers and toes..
    I’m wondering what the Euro price is and if it is all down to the eu VAT sting on apps.
    Any Road.. it looks good.. sorely tempted even though i was holding out for the massive 128 seconds convs of this Jax thing.. “ a bird in the hand.. “ i guess

• As with all of your apps, bought instantly!

• Can we get a universal version of this, and all your apps?

• Will this work for loading ir cabs?
    @GospelMusicians ?
    Thanks!

• @RockySmalls said:

@bato said:

@GospelMusicians said:

@Masanga said:

well congrats.. you beat the now delayed JAX convoluter pro to the post.. but I’m seeing £4.99 as the uk price which is again not equivalent to $4.99 .. it’s a small thing to quibble about I know, I know..
    almost certainly not yr fault but it does propogate this continuing feeling that Apple in the UK are all about the Middle Classes or people that do maths on their fingers and toes..
    I’m wondering what the Euro price is and if it is all down to the eu VAT sting on apps.
    Any Road.. it looks good.. sorely tempted even though i was holding out for the massive 128 seconds convs of this Jax thing.. “ a bird in the hand.. “ i guess

The pricing conversion is to do with Apple and not the developers.
    I find it downright annoying to say the least that Apple charges
    the U.K, U.S prices rather than doing the conversion, though
    it won't be the U.K much longer at this rate.

Apple have a history of doing things like this.

Have you seen the breakdown of territories
    in regards to iTunes and %'s that artists receive?

Ludicrous.

Still if it is at £4.99 rather than £6.99 then that's cool if the original price is £6.99.
    If the beta price is the current one and the sale price is actually £6.99
    then that's not so cool.

• @flo26 said:
    Will this work for loading ir cabs?
    @GospelMusicians ?
    Thanks!

Definitely.....the trick is to Take the Wet all the way to 100% and take the Dry down to 0% to hear the full Cab's effectiveness. Then use the output for the gain.

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

@RockySmalls said:

@bato said:

@GospelMusicians said:

@Masanga said:

The pricing difference per country is beyond the developer's control. It's an Apple thing.

• Yes!!!!!!!!!!!