Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 for iPhone and iPad available...

Comments

• @AudioGus said:

It is exactly the same for me either way.

Double tap the audio-event to open the 'sample/audio' editor...

• edited December 2019

@Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

It is exactly the same for me either way.

Double tap the audio-event to open the 'sample/audio' editor...

I am talking about the main timeline as shown in the video, not the audio editor.

• @AudioGus said:

@richardyot said:

@Tatobx said:

@AudioGus said:
    The midi editing is at a higher resolution in 3 but is the timeline resolution also improved for slicing audio clips? Here is Cubasis 2..

Hi @AudioGus , in Cubasis 2 if you touch the display in the top bar you can switch it in minutes:seconds and you can adjust the cut more accurately.

Even then, still not accurate enough. Hopefully Cubasis 3 has fixed this though.

On my device it seems to be exactly the same on the timeline (choosing bars or time). I am not saying I need/want sample accurate editing on the timeline. Four times the resolution over Cubasis 2 would likely be enough for me. Given that this is a complete rewrite, if this has not improved then i wager it would not find it's way into a 3 update at any point.

@AudioGus said:

@richardyot said:

@Tatobx said:

@AudioGus said:
    The midi editing is at a higher resolution in 3 but is the timeline resolution also improved for slicing audio clips? Here is Cubasis 2..

Hi @AudioGus , in Cubasis 2 if you touch the display in the top bar you can switch it in minutes:seconds and you can adjust the cut more accurately.

Even then, still not accurate enough. Hopefully Cubasis 3 has fixed this though.

On my device it seems to be exactly the same on the timeline (choosing bars or time). I am not saying I need/want sample accurate editing on the timeline. Four times the resolution over Cubasis 2 would likely be enough for me. Given that this is a complete rewrite, if this has not improved then i wager it would not find it's way into a 3 update at any point.

Hi all,

We've clearly addressed this with Cubasis 3.
    MIDI resolution has been changed from 48 to 960 PPQN.

Best,
    Lars

• edited December 2019

@LFS said:

@AudioGus said:

@richardyot said:

@Tatobx said:

@AudioGus said:

@AudioGus said:

@richardyot said:

@Tatobx said:

@AudioGus said:

Hi all,

We've clearly addressed this with Cubasis 3.
    MIDI resolution has been changed from 48 to 960 PPQN.

Best,
    Lars

I am not talking about midi resolution. I am talking about moving (or slicing) audio clips on the timeline. Did this also go from 48 to 960 PPQN?

• edited December 2019

Why do I feel like this right now?

• @LFS said:

@Faland said:
    Ok, this put me out. Good to know.

Cubasis LE 3 is planned to be released at the end of March 2020.
    We'll check if it is technically possible to do the same here, transferring in-app purchases between Cubasis LE 2 and Cubasis LE 3.

Best,
    Lars

I really hope so because, in the end, I spent exactly the same amount of money as those who bought the full version at the first step, and it would seem to me absolutely unfair not to be able to transfer the IAPs.
    I don't understand why it takes 3 months to release the LE, but I guess it's for commercial reasons.

• @richardyot said:

DAWs that have sample-accurate MIDI editing usually have a MIDI resolution of 96000PPQN.

What DAW would that be?

The smallest unit in Logic Pro is 960 TPQN (they call them ticks).

Am interested in a source if you have one.

• I am not talking about midi resolution. I am talking about moving (or slicing) audio clips on the timeline. Did this also go from 48 to 960 PPQN?

Yes...

• edited December 2019

• Congratulations and kudos to Lars and associates! This is substantial and would take time to digest. Now I can touch and feel Cubasis in my pocket from anywhere :smiley: like GB. And thanks for free IAP transfers.

For those who are not seeing v2.8.2, it is just a matter of waiting a bit longer. It is a known issue with something as huge as the AppStore, app releases/updates are not available worldwide immediately - they take time to propagate across regions and servers.

• edited December 2019

@AppleHorizon said:

@richardyot said:

DAWs that have sample-accurate MIDI editing usually have a MIDI resolution of 96000PPQN.

What DAW would that be?

The smallest unit in Logic Pro is 960 TPQN (they call them ticks).

Am interested in a source if you have one.

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14497

I believe some desktop DAWs also support this MIDI resolution, for the same reason.

• @LFS said:

I am not talking about midi resolution. I am talking about moving (or slicing) audio clips on the timeline. Did this also go from 48 to 960 PPQN?

Yes...

Awesome. Thank you. Sorry to keep on it so much but I find it best not to assume anything.

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2019

I really hope so because, in the end, I spent exactly the same amount of money as those who bought the full version at the first step, and it would seem to me absolutely unfair not to be able to transfer the IAPs.
    I don't understand why it takes 3 months to release the LE, but I guess it's for commercial reasons.

Come over and join the team, to learn know what work is involved... ;)

Seriously, it took several years to design, develop and test Cubasis 3, next to maintaining Cubasis 2 and Cubasis LE 2. In the end, huge parts of the small team worked 24/7 for several months.
    We will do our best to release Cubasis LE 3 as soon as possible, but it will requires some time.

Best,
    Lars

• @MobileMusic said:
    Congratulations and kudos to Lars and associates! This is substantial and would take time to digest. Now I can touch and feel Cubasis in my pocket from anywhere :smiley: like GB. And thanks for free IAP transfers.

For those who are not seeing v2.8.2, it is just a matter of waiting a bit longer. It is a known issue with something as huge as the AppStore, app releases/updates are not available worldwide immediately - they take time to propagate across regions and servers.

Thanks, @MobileMusic... :)

• edited December 2019

So if Cubasis lets me increase the gain of an audio clip non-destructively on the main timeline above 0db (without the need for destructive audio editing) I will plunk down 70$ cad immediately. But ultimately this would only really be practical if the waveform display also reflected gain changes, so I assume it still does not. Again i must ask/badger... so close to being able to mix ('properly' (I mean for me)) on iOS, I can almost taste it!

• @AudioGus said:
    So if Cubasis lets me increase the gain of an audio clip non-destructively on the main timeline above 0db (without the need for destructive audio editing) I will plunk down 70$ cad immediately. But ultimately this would only really be practical if the waveform display also reflected gain changes, so I assume it does not. Again i must ask/badger... so close to being able to mix ('properly') on iOS, I can taste it!

Did Cubasis ever allow for adjustments of audio clip levels on the timeline? If so cool, I didn't know that.

• @LFS said:

Why not do a short video introducing the team behind Cubasis as a nice sympathetic PR trick ;)

• edited December 2019

@richardyot said:

@AudioGus said:
    So if Cubasis lets me increase the gain of an audio clip non-destructively on the main timeline above 0db (without the need for destructive audio editing) I will plunk down 70$ cad immediately. But ultimately this would only really be practical if the waveform display also reflected gain changes, so I assume it does not. Again i must ask/badger... so close to being able to mix ('properly') on iOS, I can taste it!

Did Cubasis ever allow for adjustments of audio clip levels on the timeline? If so cool, I didn't know that.

It does.

Now if only I could boost the gain above zero db (like in Auria Pro) and the waveform display reflected these changes (like in Auria Pro). Ok I should shut up now.

• @LFS said:

Seriously, it took several years to design, develop and test Cubasis 3, next to maintaining Cubasis 2 and Cubasis LE 2. In the end, huge parts of the small team worked 24/7 for several months.
    We will do our best to release Cubasis LE 3 as soon as possible, but it will requires some time.

Best,
    Lars

I didn't really want to be argumentative, I sincerely believed that the two versions were practically the same, with the only difference that one includes an in-app purchase and then have the same features as the other.
    Obviously, it is not so simple and I apologize if my statement has been misinterpreted.
    The fact remains that the if apps are not technically the same, the money spent yes.
    Cheers.

• @LFS said:

@tja said:

@LFS said:
    • In-app purchases automatically sync across all iOS devices where you are logged in.

What exactly does that mean?
    Logged in?!?

I hope you don't require some sort of account or login.

Could you reply to this, @LFS?

Hi,

The in-app purchases you've purchased through the App Store are automatically synced across all your iOS devices, where you are logged in (App Store log-in).

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

my old in app purchase from version 2 cubasis aren’t showing up in the in app store. all i get it this box

• @LFS or anyone in the know, does this version of Cubasis do ripple/shuffle/magnetic timeline editing? Thanks

• @eross have you updated to 2.8.2 (where it works) as opposed to using 2.8.1 (where it doesn't)? I'm asking as I can't download the update yet, it is not where I am (Sweden).

• Kinda late to this...what are the main important/desired features in Cubasis 3?
    Did Cubasis 3 fulfilled anyone wishes?

• @AudioGus said:

@richardyot said:

@AudioGus said:

It does.

Now if only I could boost the gain above zero db (like in Auria Pro) and the waveform display reflected these changes (like in Auria Pro). Ok I should shut up now.

Thanks! Good to know.

• @Sergiu said:
    Kinda late to this...what are the main important/desired features in Cubasis 3?

Better mixing resolution, better timeline resolution for both midi/audio, no more sync problems, flexible windows for the interface and mix groups are quite big for most people I think. Oh, and the phone version for those who like that (I don't mind but I also don't care). The main thing holding me back is lack of multiple time signatures/tempos in same tune as well as absence of Link.

• edited December 2019

@Sergiu said:
    Kinda late to this...what are the main important/desired features in Cubasis 3?

Some have been waiting 5 years for midi controller support apparently but thats not fixed. Much improved midi timing though which is a big deal to me at least. Im not convinced to buy it until i see the comments for the next two months.

• @richardyot said:

@AudioGus said:

@richardyot said:

@AudioGus said:

It does.

Thanks! Good to know.

Inching closer to burning my desktop... come on iOS...

• Thank you both...oh wow $50 damage. Well..personally i would give Drambo a chance.
    I already own Cubasis2 ...and $50 just to stop using Cubasis 2 for the newer version...don't know!!

• @Sergiu said:
    Thank you both...oh wow $50 damage. Well..personally i would give Drambo a chance.
    I already own Cubasis2 ...and $50 just to stop using Cubasis 2 for the newer version...don't know!!

Yes.

Normally, developers offer a bundle for this.

@LFS ;)

• @eross said:
    my old in app purchase from version 2 cubasis aren’t showing up in the in app store. all i get it this box

Hi @eross,

Please note that Cubasis 2.8.2 is required, to make the Free IAP Transfer work.
    For some reasons out of our hands, the update seems not to appear in the App-Store in some countries, while being released the same time as Cubasis 3.0.

These are the steps again:

• Install Cubasis 2.8.2
    • Launch Cubasis 3 and open the in-app shop
    • Follow the instructions in the IAP Transfer pop-up

Best,
    Lars