Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 for iPhone and iPad available...

Comments

• @LeonKowalski said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    It works on my iPhone 6s, and I can transfer a project from phone to iPad , via export and AirDrop

The other way might not work as well if you have non-universal AUv3 apps running in your project, I guess?

(Not that I'm complaining, just asking.)

It does transfer both ways, I have transferred projects from iPad to iPhone...it copes with missing au’s, the tracks are transferred but, as to be expected, missing AU’s are not loaded.

• @d4d0ug said:

@LFS said:

@Paa89 said:

Hi Paa89,

To allow me commenting your issues, please keep them piece by piece.

Also how do we transfer the IAP, I’ve tried when I tap on transfer, it sends me to AppStore and shows Cubasis, if I open Cubasis, nothing happens

• Please install Cubasis 2.8.2
    • Launch Cubasis 3 and open the in-app store
    • Follow the instructions on the IAP Transfer pop-up

Oh yeah no more panic button? How do we stop audio that keeps playing even when we tap on stop?

Please find the MIDI panic button located on the Routing tab in the Inspector.

There also seems to be no way to create new MiniSampler Instruments

Mentioned it before, due to a late minute issue the MiniSampler lacks the edit feature at this moment.
    Will be added with a free maintenance update.

Best,
    Lars

@LFS is there a problem or Apple just being slow.... no 2.8.2 in the UK - and possibly elsewhere as well.

Yeah, 2.8.2 update still not showing

• @Faland said:

@Faland said:
    Sorry @Lars but I have to know that now. I bought the LE version, then I upgraded to the full one, and I bought every single in app in these months. Now, I will buy the v.3 only if the transfer is allowed from my version to the new app. So?

+1

Hi Faland,

Please note that it will not be possible to move IAP'S between different products!
    In other words: Cubasis 2 IAPs can be transferred to Cubasis 3. It is not possible to move IAPs between Cubasis and Cubasis LE!

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

@Faland said:

@Faland said:
    Sorry @Lars but I have to know that now. I bought the LE version, then I upgraded to the full one, and I bought every single in app in these months. Now, I will buy the v.3 only if the transfer is allowed from my version to the new app. So?

+1

Hi Faland,

Please note that it will not be possible to move IAP'S between different products!
    In other words: Cubasis 2 IAPs can be transferred to Cubasis 3. It is not possible to move IAPs between Cubasis and Cubasis LE!

Best,
    Lars

Ok, this put me out. Good to know.

• edited December 2019

@Pitje said:
    Bought Cubasis in august, now I’m expected to pay again... :/ really sad that there’s no upgrade bundle.

You’re not expected to pay again.
    You, like all of us, are perfectly welcome to keep using the updated, and still excellent, Cubasis 2.8.2 for as long as you wish.

• @TimRussell said:
    You’re not expected to pay again.
    You, like all of us, are perfectly welcome to keep using the updated, and still excellent, Cubasis 2.8.2 for as long as you wish.

+1

Err, but how do you know that 2.8.2 is still excellent? It's not here yet...😜

• @LFS said:

@eross said:
    @LFS how is it transferring sessions between iphone and ipad? i’d love to make something on my phone , and then transfer that whole session to my ipad when i get home. and what would be even cooler would be to transfer it to my desktop Cubase to finish everything off.

Hi eross,

One super quick option is to use AirDrop:

• Go to "Projects" and select a file
    • Tap "Share" button and "More"
    • Tap "AirDrop" and choose the device

Loading Cubasis projects with Cubase is possible too.
    Please note that the required Cubasis 3 Importer will be released shortly.

Best,
    Lars

very very cool thanks

• Well, I've bought it and its presently downloading. I'm not sure the updates are all that brilliant 'on paper', but maybe usability will be improved to a extent that papers over the cracks (I must stop saying the word 'paper').

• Hi @LFS
    As someone mentioned above the Cubasis 3 transfer purchases feature fails, and directs me to the Cubasis 2 AppStore page

It seems this is happening because Cubasis 3 won’t transfer purchases from Cubasis 2.8.1, and the Cubasis 2.8.2 update isn’t live on the AppStore...

Meanwhile congratulations to you and your team for this release!

• @LFS any feedback on my question re: looping parts/alias parts? https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/727197/#Comment_727197

• The midi editing is at a higher resolution in 3 but is the timeline resolution also improved for slicing audio clips? Here is Cubasis 2..

• edited December 2019

Here's my question. Does Cubasis 3 work well with Bluetooth headphones? I know Cubasis 2 doesn't sound good on Bluetooth headphones without being routed through Audiobus first.

• edited December 2019

Is there any realtime visual feedback on waveforms now when adjusting faders on audio clips and can the volume of an audio clip on the timeline be boosted beyond the maximum of the source wav file (0db) in realtime without destructive normalizing in the audio editor?

Cubasis2...

• No Midi learn, no Ableton Link...No upgrade to 3.0

• I always dealt with pops/crackles in cubasis 2. Has this been improved in V3?

• @slaq said:
    No Midi learn, no Ableton Link...No upgrade to 3.0

I was looking for Link as well.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    Hi @LFS
    As someone mentioned above the Cubasis 3 transfer purchases feature fails, and directs me to the Cubasis 2 AppStore page

It seems this is happening because Cubasis 3 won’t transfer purchases from Cubasis 2.8.1, and the Cubasis 2.8.2 update isn’t live on the AppStore...

Hi @LFS,

These are the steps once more:

• Make sure, Cubasis 2.8.2 is installed
    • Launch Cubasis 3
    • Open the In-App Shop
    • Follow the IAP Transfer pop-up instructions

Best,
    Lars

• So, it looks like the 2.8.2 update still ain’t out. And you can’t transfer your Cubasis 2 IAPs without it. Until I know this process will work, I won’t be purchasing Cubasis 3.

• edited December 2019

I’m holding off until there’s a sale or an upgrade bundle, as 2 does pretty much what I need it to. Particularly as I bought the FabFilters before they dropped the price.

• No 2.8.2 update in the US Appstore yet. No 2.8.2, no update to Cubasis 3. 😎

No but seriously, I've been wanting a proper DAW on the iPhone for a while. Cubasis isn't perfect by any means, but at least I'll have a way to easily mix down my stems from GR-16 in lieu of NS2 audio tracks as well as an environment in which to master tracks well, especially if the Waves plugins work in Cubasis 3 on the iPhone.

• Man, I just want to thank @LFS for his efforts here on this site. I know support is never easy and usually thankless... this is especially true with such a niche product like IOS music production tools tend to be.

Keep up the good work.

Respect.

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2019

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Here's my question. Does Cubasis 3 work well with Bluetooth headphones? I know Cubasis 2 doesn't sound good on Bluetooth headphones without being routed through Audiobus first.

Hi @jwmmakerofmusic,

Bluetooth support is similar to Cubasis 2.

There should be no issues to use Bluetooth headphones with either versions:

• Please make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your iOS device
    • Go to Setup/Audio
    • Make sure "Bluetooth / AirPlay Output" is enabled

Best,
    Lars

• edited December 2019

@LFS said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    Hi @LFS

Hi @LFS,

These are the steps once more:

• Make sure, Cubasis 2.8.2 is installed
    • Launch Cubasis 3
    • Open the In-App Shop
    • Follow the IAP Transfer pop-up instructions

Best,
    Lars

Thanks Lars, I'm up-to-date on the steps, as first mentioned up the thread

My post was pointing out that the 2.8.2 update for Cubasis 2 is needed for the steps to work, and that update is not yet available on the appstore...

• @osc101 said:
    Man, I just want to thank @LFS for his efforts here on this site. I know support is never easy and usually thankless... this is especially true with such a niche product like IOS music production tools tend to be.

Keep up the good work.

Respect.

Thanks @osc101,

Honestly tracking all of this isn't not that easy today, having to manage the release as well... ;)
    Will do my best, also throughout the next days.ö

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

@osc101 said:
    Man, I just want to thank @LFS for his efforts here on this site. I know support is never easy and usually thankless... this is especially true with such a niche product like IOS music production tools tend to be.

Keep up the good work.

Respect.

Thanks @osc101,

Honestly tracking all of this isn't not that easy today, having to manage the release as well... ;)
    Will do my best, also throughout the next days.ö

Best,
    Lars

thanks to @LFS from me as well!
    i bought the new version without hesitation and look forward to putting it to work

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    No 2.8.2 update in the US Appstore yet. No 2.8.2, no update to Cubasis 3. 😎

No but seriously, I've been wanting a proper DAW on the iPhone for a while. Cubasis isn't perfect by any means, but at least I'll have a way to easily mix down my stems from GR-16 in lieu of NS2 audio tracks as well as an environment in which to master tracks well, especially if the Waves plugins work in Cubasis 3 on the iPhone.

Yah the forthcoming (2020?) NS2 audio tracks is pretty much making me a picky Gus at this point. Group tracks and reordering AUfx would be great in the shorterm but not worth 70$ cad particularly if even after a rewrite the main timeline resolution is not finaly improved... Or is it?

• @AudioGus said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Yah the forthcoming (2020?) NS2 audio tracks is pretty much making me a picky Gus at this point. Group tracks and reordering AUfx would be great in the shorterm but not worth 70$ cad particularly if even after a rewrite the main timeline resolution is not finaly improved... Or is it?

My guess is that the audio resolution will match the MIDI resolution of 960ppqn, so still not sample-accurate but a lot better than Cubasis 2. It would be nice to be wrong about this though...

• edited December 2019

@Samu said:
    For one it's going to be interesting to how many iPhone users will actually get Cubasis 3 after numerous 'I want Cubasis on my iPhone' posts :)

Most probably many more than the niche iPad users. Not everyone who has an iPhone has an iPad which makes iPhone a much bigger market. Remember the mobile browsing has gone over 50%

• @Littlewoodg said:
    thanks to @LFS from me as well!
    i bought the new version without hesitation and look forward to putting it to work

Thanks & hope you will enjoy Cubasis 3... :)

Best,
    Lars

• @richardyot said:

@AudioGus said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

My guess is that the audio resolution will match the MIDI resolution of 960ppqn, so still not sample-accurate but a lot better than Cubasis 2. It would be nice to be wrong about this though...

How much PPQ would be needed to be sample accurate?