Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 for iPhone and iPad available...

Comments

• @Paa89 said:
    But I find that you can drag and drop midi files from Media Bay on to Audio unit tracks.
    When you try to, it rather creates a new midi track

Hi @Paa89,

Gave it a short try.
    Drag & drop of a MIDI file to a MIDI track (here assigned to Model D) works as expected.

Where does it fails at your end?

Thanks
    Lars

• Now it’s on iPhone, hopefully we’ll get it for watchOS pretty soon too

• @Crabman said:
    Wow,this came earlier than expected.Thanks for the hard work.Feature list look great,price is fair (although personally i never asked for iphone version) but not a single word about my BIGGEST concern: are the timing issues now history as well?

Guess i have to find out myself but it would be a huge letdown if it would be still a shaky experience with „slaved“ AUs

Midi clock out in looped mode now works 😎

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Time to jump from ios 12x to 13x ipad pro 12.9 1st gen ?

• @TimRussell said:
    Now it’s on iPhone, hopefully we’ll get it for watchOS pretty soon too

... ;)

• edited December 2019

@LFS said:

@Paa89 said:
    But I find that you can drag and drop midi files from Media Bay on to Audio unit tracks.

Hi @Paa89,

Gave it a short try.
    Drag & drop of a MIDI file to a MIDI track (here assigned to Model D) works as expected.

Thanks
    Lars

Just jested with Model D same issue
    Here you go Lars, iOS 13.3 iPad Pro 11

Also how do we transfer the IAP, I’ve tried when I tap on transfer, it sends me to AppStore and shows Cubasis, if I open Cubasis, nothing happens
    Oh yeah no more panic button? How do we stop audio that keeps playing even when we tap on stop?
    Audio Unit instruments midi out is not working I think.i loaded DigiStix tried to record midi into Cubasis using DigiStix pad but I wont record no data, also tried with Sunrizer.
    There also seems to be no way to create new MiniSampler Instruments

• @LFS has any work been done, or planned on cross-fading two audio regions?

Btwsees like a great release, good luck with the new v number

• I think there is a mistake at the app store listing, it says £48.99 with no update pricing.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Crabman said:
    Wow,this came earlier than expected.Thanks for the hard work.Feature list look great,price is fair (although personally i never asked for iphone version) but not a single word about my BIGGEST concern: are the timing issues now history as well?

Guess i have to find out myself but it would be a huge letdown if it would be still a shaky experience with „slaved“ AUs

very good news indeed,thanks for the info.That was the main sync issue for me but often enough i had overall shaky timing as well.But i want to be optimistic now that this is improved as well.

• so i have cubasis on my ipad. ( the one before today’s announcement) how much is it to upgrade to this universal version?

• @Crabman said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Crabman said:

very good news indeed,thanks for the info.That was the main sync issue for me but often enough i had overall shaky timing as well.But i want to be optimistic now that this is improved as well.

Mix down of audio also seems tighter, I’ve not checked in detail, but I am not having to trim the start of mixdown to get the timing back in line....this was always AUv3 dependent before, so may still be there with some AUv3’s but I’m not noticing it at the moment.

• tjatja
    edited December 2019

That's impressive and unexpected.
    This fixes most of the issue, people had.

And yes, a bundle would have been in order!

I am not yet sure that I need it, at full price, now that we have nanostudio 2.
    As as bundle, with reduced price, it would be a nobrainer.

But OK, at least the IAP transfer.

@LFS said:
    • In-app purchases automatically sync across all iOS devices where you are logged in.

What exactly does that mean?
    Logged in?!?

I hope you don't require some sort of account or login.

• @LFS how is it transferring sessions between iphone and ipad? i’d love to make something on my phone , and then transfer that whole session to my ipad when i get home. and what would be even cooler would be to transfer it to my desktop Cubase to finish everything off.

• @tja said:

I think a 'Steinberg Account' is needed which could also previously be used to unlock Roomworks SE in Cubasis...

No Cubasis 3 or 2.8.2 in the Swedish Appstore yet...

• I think I'll leave it be. For me there are only two things that makes it better than Cubasis 2, group tracks and the re-designed Media bay, and none of them are really worth the quite high price here in Sweden...
    I'll stick with 2.8...

• @Samu said:

@tja said:

I think a 'Steinberg Account' is needed which could also previously be used to unlock Roomworks SE in Cubasis...

That would get me out of this!
    Maybe only once for the transfer and then can logout again?!?
    I hope so.

No Cubasis 3 or 2.8.2 in the Swedish Appstore yet...

I can see Cubasis 3, but not the update to 2.
    And I can see version 3 only in the developer entry, not when searching.
    Great App Store technology, @Apple!

• edited December 2019

What a great surprise!! I’m happy to buy a new version knowing it will get lots of free new feature updates and maintenance as Steinberg always does. I don’t expect endless free updates from a single $49 purchase several years ago and I’m happy to support the team to keep Cubasis alive and relevant. I guess I’m looking it less as a transaction for specific new features but more a renewed investment in the Cubase/Cubasis ecosystem so Steinberg can afford to keep churning out routine maintenance and improvements 😎 Thank you!!!

• Bought Cubasis in august, now I’m expected to pay again... :/ really sad that there’s no upgrade bundle.

• @[Deleted User] said:
    @LFS why is Ableton link so difficult to implement? is it a competitor issue? Isn't the code freely available to anyone to use? its on many other apps usually implemented by one person on ios? link has been out for ages too. Also there was some midi clock sync issue in previous Cubasis versions, has this been totally resolved now?

Yes MIDI clock issue is fixed 😎

• edited December 2019

@cuscolima said:
    @LFS 3 questions :

• Will it work well on my iPhone 7 ?
    • What are the minimum HW requirements ?
    • Can I start composing a track on my iPhone and finish it on my iPad in one click (I mean, without complications) ?

It works on my iPhone 6s, and I can transfer a project from phone to iPad , via export and AirDrop

• Can you now loop a part by dragging the end of it out? In Cubasis 2 you had to duplicate the part instead as far as I can tell, which means you can’t then edit one instance of the loop to update all of them (unless I missed something?)

Also “alias” parts (I think that was the term in Cubase, been years since I used it) which let you have a referenced copy of a part elsewhere on the timeline would be great (and would solve my first request from a different angle), is this supported?

• @Paa89 said:

@LFS said:

@Paa89 said:

Hi @Paa89,

Gave it a short try.

Thanks
    Lars

Just jested with Model D same issue
    Here you go Lars, iOS 13.3 iPad Pro 11

Also how do we transfer the IAP, I’ve tried when I tap on transfer, it sends me to AppStore and shows Cubasis, if I open Cubasis, nothing happens
    Oh yeah no more panic button? How do we stop audio that keeps playing even when we tap on stop?
    Audio Unit instruments midi out is not working I think.i loaded DigiStix tried to record midi into Cubasis using DigiStix pad but I wont record no data, also tried with Sunrizer.

Panic has moved, it’s now in the MIDI routing.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    It works on my iPhone 6s, and I can transfer a project from phone to iPad , via export and AirDrop

The other way might not work as well if you have non-universal AUv3 apps running in your project, I guess?

(Not that I'm complaining, just asking.)

• @Paa89 said:

Hi Paa89,

To allow me commenting your issues, please keep them piece by piece.

• Please install Cubasis 2.8.2
    • Launch Cubasis 3 and open the in-app store
    • Follow the instructions on the IAP Transfer pop-up

Please find the MIDI panic button located on the Routing tab in the Inspector.

Mentioned it before, due to a late minute issue the MiniSampler lacks the edit feature at this moment.
    Will be added with a free maintenance update.

Best,
    Lars

• @eross said:
    @LFS how is it transferring sessions between iphone and ipad? i’d love to make something on my phone , and then transfer that whole session to my ipad when i get home. and what would be even cooler would be to transfer it to my desktop Cubase to finish everything off.

Hi eross,

One super quick option is to use AirDrop:

• Go to "Projects" and select a file
    • Tap "Share" button and "More"
    • Tap "AirDrop" and choose the device

Loading Cubasis projects with Cubase is possible too.
    Please note that the required Cubasis 3 Importer will be released shortly.

Best,
    Lars

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Faland said:

@LFS said:

@Gravitas said:
    @Lars

Do the IAP's from Cubasis Le 2 get transferred to Cubasis Le 3 ?

Hi Gravitas,

Specs and features of Cubasis LE 3 will be announced with the release.

Best,
    Lar

Sorry @Lars but I have to know that now. I bought the LE version, then I upgraded to the full one, and I bought every single in app in these months. Now, I will buy the v.3 only if the transfer is allowed from my version to the new app. So?

+1

• Ok, so I’m really psyched to see that there’s now an option to record audio and punch in without hearing the audio underneath, or not record as a looper, that’s the main reason I still bought other Daws even though I owned Cubasis already. One of the other peeves I have with Cubasis 2 is that if I select punch in and out recording mode, it doesn’t stay in that mode until I’m done, it automatically takes you out of punch in mode after I record something , I’d like it to stay in punch in mode until I decide to take it out of that mode.
    So my two questions are is that still the case in Cubasis 3? And also can we open projects that were recorded in version 2 inside of 3?
    Thanks

• @Paa89 said:

@LFS said:

@Paa89 said:

Strange, works here as expected.
    Is anyone else able to reproduce the issue?

Best,
    Lars