Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 for iPhone and iPad available...

Comments

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2019

@Samu said:

Hi Samu,

A 'Bundle Price' could have been a nice middle ground here to be honest.

Cubasis have seen 30+ free feature and maintenance updates since its introduction in Dec 2012.

Cubasis 3 was rewritten from scratch, adds an iPhone version and 20+ user requested features. Be assured it took us several years to make it, including lots of 24/7 extra layers.

Would think it's a fair offer, but of course will leave it up to you.

Mostly I'm interested in the potential improvements to the mini sampler but for now I'll pass unless santa gives me more gift-cards for Christmas. (So for now I will not be able to assist with answering questions around Cubasis 3).

Please find all new features and improvements listed in the first entries of this post.

The MiniSampler has not been updated with new features except for a UI refresh. Instead, due to a late minute issue, its edit functionality have to be added in a free update.

Let's just hope this is not an 'intro price' :)

Regular price...

Thanks,
    Lars

• edited December 2019

Sorry, I can't follow you on this road, although I am a Cubase user since 1987. Now being an iPad musician, I just bought Cubasis 2 some weeks ago for the full price. Just to find out that it neither supports midi controllers for the mixer nor syncs to Ableton Live start/stop. This renders it pretty much unusable for my AUM centred workflow and my Midi controllers. Finally it made me switch to Xequence 2 that syncs well when using a combo of AB3 and AUM. Since then I use cubasis only for mastering in the end.

I mean, kudos for the dev team and I'm sure it's a great achievement - no doubt. But I was hoping so much for a release that would include these features - especially such a major release. People are waiting for the midi controller feature since years. I mean the touch interface is great but users who already have some controllers definitely like to use them.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Samu said:
    For one it's going to be interesting to how many iPhone users will actually get Cubasis 3 after numerous 'I want Cubasis on my iPhone' posts :)

:) Would have jumped immediately, if it weren't for the slightly steep price.

Your idea of a bundle price would be a neat solution. €55 does feel quite steep if "all" you want is universal app. I already paid full price + most in-apps for CB2 on the iPad so it's essentially the iPhone version that is the €55 (for me, I'm sure many others will love the new iPad features and happily pay for them). @LFS

Pretty sure I'll cave in anyway eventually, but it does make me hesitate more than a €29 for a "Complete this bundle" price.

• @Samu said:
    A 'Bundle Price' could have been a nice middle ground here to be honest.

Mostly I'm interested in the potential improvements to the mini sampler but for now I'll pass unless santa gives me more gift-cards for Christmas. (So for now I will not be able to assist with answering questions around Cubasis 3).

Let's just hope this is not an 'intro price' :)

Agreed it looks like Steinberg have just reinvented their own wheel as most of the new updates are to do with GUI usability.

Group Tracks are welcome would like to see more features migrate over from its big brother Cubase maybe in future updates.

Great it’s gone onto iPhone now that must be the biggest thing I wonder if you can transfer projects between iPad and iPhone seemlessly like Zenbeats model? If I owned a iPhone I be grabbing this today. NS 2 iPhone users now has serious competition.

Bottom line the best iOS iPad OS DAW just got better.

• edited December 2019

Why not do iPhone only? When they say it’s been rewritten from scratch is that just to accommodate new iPhone app? Not much benefit to existing iPad users that can’t be worked around with the current version.

• My guess is that when Cubasis 2.8.2 (Which is not yet here in Swedish AppStore) will include some kind of log-in to a Steinberg account that will be used to transfer the IAPs, just a guess though...

• How's the side-chaining situation?

• Wow. Stoked for Cubasis on iPhone.
    Can’t see this answered anywhere but can I easily transfer Cubasis 2 projects into Cubasis 3 @Lars ?

• @Lars
    Is a Le version planned?

• Looks interesting but disappointed that there’s no improvement to the sampler.
    Does the Audio editing have “slice to midi” and or a slice with transient detection ?

• edited December 2019

Paying full price again for an app you thought you already owned.

• @AndyPawlak said:
    So loyal steinberg customers who have been using cubase and cubasis since the beginning of time, are paying the same as everyone....?
    That’s not good, there should have been some consession for existing customers.
    Does loyalty mean nothing ?

The answers are in your questions.

What it basically boils down to is this.
    Are you creating music or collecting apps?

• Strangely there’s no mention of Cubasis 3 anywhere on the Steinberg website

• @Charlesalbert said:

@Faland said:
    Not in Italy store yet.

Check now. Is out.

Grazie

• @TimRussell said:
    Wow. Stoked for Cubasis on iPhone.
    Can’t see this answered anywhere but can I easily transfer Cubasis 2 projects into Cubasis 3 @Lars ?

Hi @TimRussell,

Thanks for your message!

It works to load Cubasis 2 projects with Cubasis 3.
    Depending on the projects it can be required to load projects a few times.

Best,
    Lars

• @Faland said:
    @Lars
    Is a Le version planned?

Hi Faland,

Cubasis LE 3 is scheduled to be released at the end of March 2020.

Best wishes,
    Lars

• edited December 2019

@Samu said:
    For one it's going to be interesting to how many iPhone users will actually get Cubasis 3 after numerous 'I want Cubasis on my iPhone' posts :)

@Samu said:

I was one of those who wanted an iPhone version. But I won't pay 55 euro for it. Still fine with Cubasis 2 for iPad.

• @LFS said:

@Faland said:
    @Lars
    Is a Le version planned?

Hi Faland,

Cubasis LE 3 is scheduled to be released at the end of March 2020.

Best wishes,
    Lars

Thank you

• I’m skipping the beta testing phase for the time being.

• @TimRussell said:
    Strangely there’s no mention of Cubasis 3 anywhere on the Steinberg website

Hi Tim,

Will be the case around lunch time our time in Germany,

Firstly, the apps are released (and announced in the forum), since we want to make sure the apps are available on the App Store. Can take a moment...

Best wishes,
    Lars

• edited December 2019

@krassmann said:
    Sorry, I can't follow you on this road, although I am a Cubase user since 1987. Now being an iPad musician, I just bought Cubasis 2 some weeks ago for the full price. Just to find out that it neither supports midi controllers for the mixer nor syncs to Ableton Live start/stop. This renders it pretty much unusable for my AUM centred workflow and my Midi controllers. Finally it made me switch to Xequence 2 that syncs well when using a combo of AB3 and AUM. Since then I use cubasis only for mastering in the end.

I mean, kudos for the dev team and I'm sure it's a great achievement - no doubt. But I was hoping so much for a release that would include these features - especially such a major release. People are waiting for the midi controller feature since years. I mean the touch interface is great but users who already have some controllers definitely like to use them.

Thanks so much for this great good point!

Time to try out Xequence 2 and so having midi controllers; all you wrote is damn real.

No sense to pay a full 54.99€ for an update not so drastical and making my count is:

54.99€ - 19.99€ (Xequence 2)= 35.00€

So 35.00€ for 2 or 3 FULL Apps to buy that yet I have not : it seems a great bargain!!! :-) :-)
    Obviously I will use Cubasis 2 for end mastering and something else fully doable with the 2.8 version.

Maybe I'm wrong, but a little discount for existing loyal customers would have done the pill more digesting ;-)
    Never mind, thanks the same Steinberg, I'm anyway OK this way, and thanks @krassmann for the Xequence 2 suggestion

• edited December 2019

Congratulations on the new version! I’ve been a Cubase user since my Atari days in the 1980’s, so it’s nice to see the product still going strong.

Instabuy for me!

One question, will automation data be duplicated with the part now when copying? It’s annoying having to write that over and over or copying that separate from the originating piece.

• @osc101 said:
    Congratulations on the new version! I’ve been a Cubase user since my Atari days in the 1980’s, so it’s nice to see the product still going strong.

+1

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2019

@krassmann said:

Hi @krassmann,

Cubasis 3 was rewritten from scratch and developed next to maintaining Cubasis 2 over the last years.
    It's a brand-new app, not a simple update from Cubasis 1/2.

Midi controller support is on our list for future updates.
    Ableton Link as well, but this might be more complicated to fulfil.

Best wishes,
    Lars

• @osc101 said:

Instabuy for me!

Thanks @osc101!

One question, will automation data be duplicated with the part now when copying? It’s annoying having to write that over and over or copying that separate from the originating piece.

Apart from refreshing the automation editor, automation data will not be duplicated via track copy.
    We'll add the feature to the list.

Thanks
    Lars