Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 for iPhone and iPad available...

LFSLFS
edited December 2019 in General App Discussion

Dear all,

After more than 30 free Cubasis updates, I’m very pleased to announce the immediate availability of Cubasis 3!

Needless to say I’m very proud of the great little Cubasis team, who worked 24/7 for quite some time, fully rewriting Cubasis 3 from scratch, rethinking the app to make it look and perform perfectly on the brand-new iPhone version and so much more.

Download Cubasis 3 on the App Store

Cubasis 3 is by far the biggest Cubasis version we've ever released, adding iPhone support and more than twenty user-requested features and improvements.

If you’re satisfied with Cubasis 3 please support us by rating the app in the App Store!

Thank you,
Lars

Cubasis 3 can be purchased as download through the App Store and is not available for free to existing customers of previous versions of Cubasis, priced at 49.99$/54.99€.

Cubasis 2 and its corresponding in-app purchases remain available in the App Store. The price for Cubasis 2 will be reduced to 23.99$/26.99€.

In addition, the price for the Full Feature Set In-App Purchase, included in Cubasis LE 2 will also be reduced to 14.99$/16.99€.

Comments

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2019

Cubasis 3 - Overview

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2019

Cubasis 3 - What's New in 3

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2019

NEW IN CUBASIS 3

• Universal app support
    Create your songs with Cubasis on iPhone and iPad.

• Cubasis 3 for iPhone
    A fully equipped DAW, quick and easy to navigate, on your iPhone.

• Group tracks
    Process, edit and mix tracks as though they were a single track.

• Full-screen mixer, zoom modes and level metering
    Easily extend the mixer up to full-screen size and more.

• New look, same feel
    Creating mobile music is easier, faster, more efficient and enjoyable.

• Free Cubasis 2 in-app purchase transfer
    Freely transfer previous in-app purchases from Cubasis 2 to Cubasis 3.

• 960 pulses per quarter note
    Enjoy MIDI editing with the finest level of detail and precision.

• Up to eight rearrangeable insert and send effects
    Use up to eight rearrangeable effects and change pre/post fader positions.

• 75 new effect presets
    Make new tracks sound great, with an inspiring selection of ready-to-use presets.

• Undo reinvented with History List
    Comfortably jump back and forth between earlier versions of your project.

• Redesigned instruments and effects
    Enjoy improved user interfaces for more precise operation.

• Updated audio, MIDI and automation editors
    File editing is quicker and more efficient.

• Improved MediaBay
    Create folders, move files, share your music and more with ease.

• UI scale presets for iPhone and iPad
    Quickly change the size and arrangement of the Cubasis user interface.

• Overdub and Looper recording modes
    Choose the perfect mode for your recording task.

• MicroSonic instruments refill
    Get creative with this great library of expressive instruments.

• Vertical event coloring
    Easily keep track of the individual parts of your arrangement.

• AU MIDI effects automation
    The controls and switches of your AU MIDI plug-ins can move automatically.

• Micrologue ARP (IAP) automation
    Get more creative with the Micrologue ARP, now supporting automation.

• Don't stop the music
    Enjoy continuing playback while performing undo, redo and more

• Improvements
    Enjoy the best performance, speedy operation and rock-solid stability.

• Further Improvements & Maintenance

• Arranger: Enjoy viewing more details thanks to the increased maximum zoom level.
    • Precount mode (number of bars, 1-4) can now be set directly in the tempo pop-up.
    • Long-tap on snap button allows quickly switching between OFF and previous setting.
    • New global system info panel located in inspector shows CPU and DSP usage.
    • Audio Unit MIDI effects section has been extended to eight slots.
    • Effects can now be directly selected in the effect rack.
    • Instrument and effect racks can be resized via dragging their title bars vertically.
    • The effect rack opens on top of the keyboard, allowing to adjust effects while playing and more.
    • It's possible to minimize the instrument rack's title bar to quickly switch presets.
    • Chord's inversions (root, 1, 2, 3) can now be configured in the chord pad edit mode.
    • Keyboard range has been extended from C-2 to G8.
    • The MIDI editor comes with its own quantization setting, independent from the arranger.
    • It is now possible to mute individual notes within a MIDI event.
    • Micrologue: The "My Presets" folder contains save, rename, share and delete buttons for enhanced convenience.
    • MediaBay: "New Project" button allows creating a new project more quickly via simple button tap.
    • MediaBay: Newly added "AutoPlay" button enables faster audio previews.
    • In-app purchases automatically sync across all iOS devices where you are logged in.

• edited December 2019

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2019

@rs2000 said:

Hi rs2000,

We've released 2.8.2 updates for Cubasis and Cubasis LE, too.
    Please find the information what have been fixed right here: Cubasis 2.8.2 and Cubasis LE 2.8.2 available

Best,
    Lars

• This looks very nice!

• edited December 2019

!!!!! Thanks for all your hard work

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2019

Freely transfer your Cubasis 2 in-app purchases to Cubasis 3

Pre-Requisite
    Please make sure Cubasis 2.8.2 is installed on your iPad

Steps
    - Launch Cubasis 3
    - Go to the in-app shop
    - Follow the instructions of the IAP transfer pop-up

• edited December 2019

Hi there @LFS thanks very much for this update.
    When is it getting released in the UK?

• I can not find in the Russian app store, are there any restrictions?

• @Lars Interesting business model surprised you didn’t go down the typical desktop DAW route and have it as a paid upgrade?

I assume it’s because of the way Apple store works purchases work that you couldn’t make the new features as a IAP?

• @Turok said:
    I can not find in the Russian app store, are there any restrictions?

Same boat.its says not currently available in the uk

• So us C3 full price for C2 users?

• Group tracks, full screen mixer and now on the Phone too .... awesome 😀

• Congratulations - this looks like an amazing release :)

• Well I now know what I will be buying with my Christmas App Store gift cards 😀

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @Lars Interesting business model surprised you didn’t go down the typical desktop DAW route and have it as a paid upgrade?

I assume it’s because of the way Apple store works purchases work that you couldn’t make the new features as a IAP?

Upgrades are pretty tricky on the App Store, most devs have to do it this way. Cubasis has been around since 2012 I think, so paying £50 every 5 or 6 years doesn't seem too onerous for a DAW.

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2019

@Jumpercollins said:
    @Lars Interesting business model surprised you didn’t go down the typical desktop DAW route and have it as a paid upgrade?

Hi jumpercollins,

Unfortunately Apple does not offer upgrades.
    Plus, Cubasis has seen 30+ free updates.

Not possible, Cubasis 3 was fully rewritten from scratch, it's a brand-new app and no update.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
    Lars

• edited December 2019

The full screen mixer and track groups look great. One omission is the lack of full Aux channels (it looks like it's just effect sends, as per the older Cubasis), but this is just a nitpick, the mixer has definitely had a major upgrade. I hope crossfades between audio regions are now possible, or if not that they will be on the roadmap at least.

• Fair enough. If it is working good on IPad Pro I will buy it for sure.

• This looks like an amazing update. Also, thanks for allowing us with lots (or all) IAPs to transfer them.

The one thing the feature lists or videos does not touch upon: is it possible to have multiple tempos/time signatures in one song now? That is the one feature that has forced me to work in Cubasis alternatives lately. I'm not trying to pick a hole in your excellent work with this amazing update, but would be good to know pre-purchase of the new version.

• If you have been following this forum you know it was the same pricing strategy when Cubasis transitioned to Cubasis 2. I think it is fair, this team consistently puts out plenty of free updates in between the major versions.

• Not in Italy store yet.

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2019

@hellquist said:
    This looks like an amazing update. Also, thanks for allowing us with lots (or all) IAPs to transfer them.

The one thing the feature lists or videos does not touch upon: is it possible to have multiple tempos/time signatures in one song now? That is the one feature that has forced me to work in Cubasis alternatives lately. I'm not trying to pick a hole in your excellent work with this amazing update, but would be good to know pre-purchase of the new version.

Thanks @hellquist!

Tempo/signature track is on our list for the future, but not included in v3.
    Please refer to the first entries of this post where I've listed all new features, as well as the improvements.

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

• A 'Bundle Price' could have been a nice middle ground here to be honest.

Mostly I'm interested in the potential improvements to the mini sampler but for now I'll pass unless santa gives me more gift-cards for Christmas. (So for now I will not be able to assist with answering questions around Cubasis 3).

Let's just hope this is not an 'intro price' :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Faland said:
    Not in Italy store yet.

Check now. Is out.

• edited December 2019

Ios13 only - so Need the line 6 sonic port to work with ios13 before I buy it.

• For one it's going to be interesting to how many iPhone users will actually get Cubasis 3 after numerous 'I want Cubasis on my iPhone' posts :)