Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

shapesynth by Erik Sigth updated with auv3 support

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id431097161

Description:

Shape is a polyphonic synthesiser allowing the user to draw the shape of the oscillator waveform. The positive side of the oscillator is represented by 32 blocks and the negative side is its mirror, generating all sorts of possible raw retroish sounds. Add effects like arpeggio, stereo delay and a resonant filter and record your sounds on a classic tape. Connect to other apps with audiobus, inter app audio and midi.

+++ 16 voice polyphony.
+++ Shape 2 oscillators with ADSR.
+++ 2 lfo modulation with ADSR (envelope, pitch or duty cycle).
+++ 3 oscillator mixing functions (add, subtract or multiply).
+++ Record on tape with infinite overdubs (save, load, import, export).
+++ Arpeggiator.
+++ Stereo delay.
+++ Resonant filter (low, band and high pass).
+++ Accelerometer parameter controller (Sphero).
+++ Mini linear sequencer with euclidean rhythm.
+++ Save/load synth parameter state.
+++ On screen 25 key stylophone style keyboard.
+++ AudioBus (http://audiob.us/).
+++ Inter app audio.
+++ Ableton link.
+++ CoreMIDI and iaa midi.
+++ Akai synthstation 25 compatible.
+++ MAPI audio copy.
+++ Soundcloud upload.

Support for Akai Pro's SynthStation25 keyboard controller is included. SynthStation25 delivers instant hardware control for improved performance capability and expression. For more information on SynthStation25, visit http://www.synthstationapp.com.

Comments

• Great update the tape function in this app is so cool it loops aswell. I love it when apps go AU it’s like getting a new app for free and makes you explore things you may of forgotten about the first time you used it. Will get a lot of use I think from Shapesynth from now on great stuff Erik 👍

• Yes, these apps were true gems when originally released. The iOS ecosystem is moving so fast that we tend to forget that we have these beauties. AU is like a rebirth for them...and for us

• Totally cool app, great Little sequencer, cool arp and simple looper function. Plus a unique synth. Really cheap too. Amazing

• Great, Eriks apps are all gems and work even better as AUs :)

• Yep, I really love Frekvens, awesome and (too) cheap AU filter/delay, among others.

• @White I don’t know if I should bless you for your constant news feed of releases and sales or curse you for emptying my wallet.

Seriously though, thanks for the notifications!

• @Liquidmantis said:
    @White I don’t know if I should bless you for your constant news feed of releases and sales or curse you for emptying my wallet.

Seriously though, thanks for the notifications!

+1 A great (if expensive) service to us all :)

• edited December 2019

This discussion is a good opportunity to learn about the other Erick Sigth apps. In addition to Tardigrain, which is rightly popular, there are other lesser known gems like Strng, elsa, Frekvens (all AUv3) and Nils (IAA only but I have good reason to hope that it will soon receive AU support).
    Check them out, they are cheap and awesome.

• Like with all Erik's apps I'm still figuring out some of the touch-zones as they are not always immediately obvious :)

• @Samu said:
    Like with all Erik's apps I'm still figuring out some of the touch-zones as they are not always immediately obvious :)

I think it's part of the fun. I discovered new features after days of playing ...

• @Samu said:
    Like with all Erik's apps I'm still figuring out some of the touch-zones as they are not always immediately obvious :)

there is a slight lovable madness to them for sure.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@Samu said:

Yeah, like I was expecting a simpler 'switch/pop-up' to switch between the up to 16 shapes an oscillator can have and morph between but it's swipe, swipe swipe to reach all. And bumped into a rendering glitch when showing the negative side of the wave.

But hey, it's an awesome chip-synth for sure :)

• edited December 2019

@Samu said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Samu said:

Yeah, like I was expecting a simpler 'switch/pop-up' to switch between the up to 16 shapes an oscillator can have and morph between but it's swipe, swipe swipe to reach all. And bumped into a rendering glitch when showing the negative side of the wave.

But hey, it's an awesome chip-synth for sure :)

rendering glitch of GUI? What are your thoughts on the simple sequencer?

• @[Deleted User] said:

What I mean with 'rendering glitch' is that the negative side of the waveform is not 'filled'.

I love the step sequencer in the app with the flexible time-signature and easy to do step-recording with rests and all.

Another requests for all the apps would be to have an empty 'Init' patch.
    Sure, it's easy to create one and save it as a starting point...

And If I could make a wish a 'table' as a modulation source...
    (I'm eagerly awaiting on the arrival of Bit Boy Studio from SidTracker64 developer).

• anyone posting a preset walk thru or demo?

• edited December 2019

@Samu said:

@[Deleted User] said:

What I mean with 'rendering glitch' is that the negative side of the waveform is not 'filled'.
    ![](https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/

I love the step sequencer in the app with the flexible time-signature and easy to do step-recording with rests and all.

Another requests for all the apps would be to have an empty 'Init' patch.
    Sure, it's easy to create one and save it as a starting point...

And If I could make a wish a 'table' as a modulation source...
    (I'm eagerly awaiting on the arrival of Bit Boy Studio from SidTracker64 developer).

Good points, also for the MPE apps from Erik some specific MPE patch and init patch would be nice.

• @reasOne said:
    anyone posting a preset walk thru or demo?

I have a brief testing video showing sequence and a loop, not much thought into this so not professional, nice sounds from this synth.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8tirr8xonohhhws/Shapetest.mov?dl=0

Plus one with midi out to hardware

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d02ahtrbw8qwqjy/Shapemiditest.mov?dl=0

• @reasOne said:

Perplex On has made a promo video of Shapesynth, with all sounds coming from the app. Might help decide whether the thing is for you.

• edited December 2019

So glad I said my little testing vid was not professional 🤣

• @bleep said:

@reasOne said:

Perplex On has made a promo video of Shapesynth, with all sounds coming from the app. Might help decide whether the thing is for you.

Wow!

• edited December 2019

More like Purplex On, amirite?

Seriously, though, that was really cool.

• @bleep said:

@reasOne said:

That is frickin awesome

• perplex makes everything sound good haha im still unsure if this synth is more like an 8 bit kinda thing or like a sunrizer kinda thing lol

• @[Deleted User] said:
    So glad I said my little testing vid was not professional 🤣

hey but it sounded good!

• @reasOne said:
    perplex makes everything sound good haha im still unsure if this synth is more like an 8 bit kinda thing or like a sunrizer kinda thing lol

Lofi crunchy digital, but super tasteful and musical.

• Update added presets from PerplexOn .. L-o-v-e-l-y stuff!

• @royor said:
    Update added presets from PerplexOn .. L-o-v-e-l-y stuff!

@ohwell said:

@reasOne said:
    perplex makes everything sound good haha im still unsure if this synth is more like an 8 bit kinda thing or like a sunrizer kinda thing lol

Lofi crunchy digital, but super tasteful and musical.

that’s all i needed to hear. purchased!

• BrillIant.

Really pleased that these presets have made it into the app. I love them.

• Smashing app! So pleased that I finally grabbed this one. What a pleasure to unravel!