Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Acid by Jim Audio!!! This is the best news ever!!!

Comments

• @jolico said:

Both virtual midi and IAA working nicely with both controllers and program changes!

• edited December 2019

:smiley:

• The randomizer in the sequencer still surprises me with such great results.

It’s as if all other randomizers produce 90% crap and this one produces only 0.01% crap.

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

I hate it. It’s like crack. It mocks me by being better than I am. It nails the bass part in two minutes, leaving me with two extra hours to realize I got little else to add. I was lazy enough before, now this!

• I spent many years trying to sound this good, now it just trips out of the speakers.

• @wim said:
    I hate it. It’s like crack. It mocks me by being better than I am. It nails the bass part in two minutes, leaving me with two extra hours to realize I got little else to add. I was lazy enough before, now this!

@robosardine said:
    I spent many years trying to sound this good, now it just trips out of the speakers.

:lol:

• edited December 2019

Fantastic app, very low on the cpu on ipad 2018. Cubasis does struggle with it somehow.

• FPCFPC
    edited December 2019

Ahhh that might explain the issues I've been having running 2x PA as AUs in Cubasis 2. Freezing and crashing 😬 on 2018 ipad too.

• @FPC said:
    Ahhh that might explain the issues I've been having running 2x PA as AUs in Cubasis 2. Freezing and crashing 😬 on 2018 ipad too.

I'm only running one instance, no other apps open and after a while cubasis just says f#ck it do it yourself😌. If i run 2 instances in audiobus the cpu meter stays around 20%.

• I see. I'll just update to Cubasis 3. They're bound to have fixed it....

....or not!

• @jolico said:
    Pseudo Polyphonic 303

Just saw this... cool. Thanks! Also, was that laser-like light trail effect done in LumaFusion?
    That was sweet! 😎

• Cross-posting, but thought it might be good to also put here. @jimpavloff Thanks for the great early Christmas present! Happy holidays to all...

• @haulin_notes said:

@jolico said:
    Pseudo Polyphonic 303

Just saw this... cool. Thanks! Also, was that laser-like light trail effect done in LumaFusion?
    That was sweet! 😎

Thanks. The video fx were done with this :
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/defekt/id1367644508

• All the Apps on sale more then 50% discount!!!! PA too. What a Christmas!!!!
    I have now all of them...but they are few, would like they be more :-)
    Thanks so much @jimpavloff Enjoy these Holidays

• @wim said:

😂

• @Sinthemau said:
    All the Apps on sale more then 50% discount!!!! PA too. What a Christmas!!!!

I can only get one. Should i get GR-16 OR Pure Acid?

• @gkillmaster said:

@Sinthemau said:

Pure aciiiiiiiiiiiiiid.

And the other one.

• edited December 2019

@gkillmaster said:

@Sinthemau said:

No doubt here: PURE ACID!

Many people here have already praised it with a lot of true reviews; I can only say that for a very bad musician like I am (I can't keep a melody) It's simply the final solution: it does all itself actually ;-)

It's so powerful and musical that if you leave it on Init setup you can play with the whole plethora of MFXs that it has and it delivers some unbelieveble music just this way: AWESOME work, really @jimpavloff

I think that is really good for the not so talented musician too, it helps to extract something good you have inside :-)

• This is really, really good. UI, workflow, features, sounds - all top notch.

• @gkillmaster said:

GR-16. Both are great, but GR-16 does so much more. It’s not a worthy comparison.

• @gkillmaster said:

@Sinthemau said:

It totally depends on whether you want to make acid music or not?

GR-16 is more versatile, for sure.

• @gusgranite said:

@gkillmaster said:

@Sinthemau said:

I always tried to emulate ReBirth in GR-16. Buuuuut, GR-16 also has polyphony if you need it.

• @gkillmaster said:

@Sinthemau said:

They are VERY different apps. Take a look at some videos covering them and see which you would use more. GR-16 is more versatile with many more features and types of synthesis. Pure Acid emulates a Roland Tb-303 and Roland-TR x0x drum machines. It is a ton of goodness if that is what you are after.

• PA is Nostalgia, Gr16 is more of everything for everybody

• @gusgranite said:

@gkillmaster said:

@Sinthemau said:

+1 More to tweak.. wider variety of sounds built in..
    @gkillmaster Here's my thoughts on it from another thread.

• @gkillmaster said:

@Sinthemau said:

I’m kinda new to this way of making music, but GR-16 is a 16-track type of music studio where you can make entire compositions and arrangements of patterns in many music styles using both sound synthesis and triggering its library of samples or your own. With Pure Acid, it’s easy to make very cool 2-track patterns of synth and drums in basically one genre. Which do you want more?

• @lovadamusic said:

@gkillmaster said:

@Sinthemau said:

I’m kinda new to this way of making music, but GR-16 is a 16-track type of music studio where you can make entire compositions and arrangements of patterns in many music styles using both sound synthesis and triggering its library of samples or your own. With Pure Acid, it’s easy to make very cool 2-track patterns of synth and drums in basically one genre. Which do you want more?

This and what other people said before, is the truth...I suggested so heavily PA because I was stunned by its easy of use, nevertheless GR-16 is way more complete, but every time I start to use it I find a sort of wall in front of me: my bad, I know, if you are talented, GR-16 could be really great as I've seen in a lot of demos around

• edited December 2019

PA is more successful than GR16 because it’s a lot more touch screen intuitive. @jimpavloff has taken the LED screen concept further in this app, combining some of the jog wheel functionality and some of the touch screen functionality in the new app, whereas the older app has more of a jog wheel and menu diving workflow which isn’t a deal breaker but it requires more commitment when sequencing.

I would hope that GR gets revisited with a “Firmware” upgrade to incorporate some better sequencing and maybe that randomising function. In any case learning the GR workflow really pays off if you stick with it. You need the complete suite,

• edited December 2019

@Sinthemau said:

@lovadamusic said:

@gkillmaster said:

@Sinthemau said:

This and what other people said before, is the truth...I suggested so heavily PA because I was stunned by its easy of use, nevertheless GR-16 is way more complete, but every time I start to use it I find a sort of wall in front of me: my bad, I know, if you are talented, GR-16 could be really great as I've seen in a lot of demos around

Thanks! I ended up getting GR-16 and regret it. Mainly cause i'm having a hard time comprehending the interface and couldn't be less interested in the type of music I hear from the presets. I tried getting a refund but Apple would'nt allow it. So I'll spend a little more time with it and see what i can do. I can appreciate what it may be capable of, but I get the feeling I'll have to work really hard to coax stuff out of it for my own projects. Kinda wish I chose PA instead. I have TRK-01 on my desktop which produces beats more in line with what I do. Guess its a genre skew for me :) I'm not intending any criticism of GR-16, in fact I respect greatly what has gone into it!