Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Acid by Jim Audio!!! This is the best news ever!!!

Comments

• edited December 2019

@jimpavloff

found 2 small bugs in NS2:

1/ Macro -> Parameter control now works fine - perfect. But if i change that parameter value in plugin UI, macro knob doesn't follow value change in plugin UI (cutoff for example)

2/ if i turn OFF sequencer of 303 and drum machine, save project, and then i reopen project, they are again turned ON

edit: (2) is happening also in AUM,

• @dendy said:
    @jimpavloff

1/ Macro -> Parameter control now works fine - perfect. But if i change that parameter value in plugin UI, macro knob doesn't follow value change in plugin UI (cutoff for example)

2/ if i turn OFF sequencer of 303 and drum machine, save project, and then i reopen project, they are again turned ON

The state of PA changing seems to be sort of general. I noticed the on/off issue mentioned by @dendy . The same thing happens if eg I am in pattern mode on the sequencer and drum machine and then go out to NS2 sequencer and then back into PA they are no longer in pattern mode. PA does not return to the mode it was in when leaving and returning.

• @dendy said:
    @jimpavloff

Thanks for (2) - I'll check it out. But (1) - just tested in NS2 - works fine for me, changing knobs in UI and going to macros - they reflect changes correctly. Strange

• @jimpavloff said:

@dendy said:
    @jimpavloff

Thanks for (2) - I'll check it out. But (1) - just tested in NS2 - works fine for me, changing knobs in UI and going to macros - they reflect changes correctly. Strange

All working for me @jimpavloff in NS2 Macros and native knobs for PA all moving as expected after writing automation.

• Automation works flawless now in AUM. Thank you @jimpavloff 🤟

• @jimpavloff said:

@dendy said:
    @jimpavloff

Whoot! All animationed up in BM3!

• edited December 2019

@jimpavloff said:

(1) - Uhm. This is weird. Tried it again and now it works :open_mouth: ... super strange.

Anyway, now it works, perfectly, so forget it. It was probably just my dumbness, i overlooked something.

• @jimpavloff : thanks for implementing the fill returning to the original pattern using the program change toggle. I am finding with the new version that program changes are working when sent via virtual MIDI but not when sent to the IAA port.

If I follow the steps shown in yesterday's video but have the MIDI pointed at the IAA port, MIDI ccs are working but not program changes. If I simply switch to virtual midi and change nothing else, it works fine.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @jimpavloff : thanks for implementing the fill returning to the original pattern using the program change toggle. I am finding with the new version that program changes are working when sent via virtual MIDI but not when sent to the IAA port.

If I follow the steps shown in yesterday's video but have the MIDI pointed at the IAA port, MIDI ccs are working but not program changes. If I simply switch to virtual midi and change nothing else, it works fine.

Thanks for pointing me, I've just found out why PC was not working on IAA midi port.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @jimpavloff : gr8!

x2 = GR-16

• @wim said:

@espiegel123 said:
    @jimpavloff : gr8!

x2 = GR-16

x12.625 = Poison-202

• @jimpavloff said:

@jolico said:
    In AUM you can add Pure Acid as a midi unit, but it doesn’t appear in the midi output section of the midi patchbay matrix.

Auv3 version does not support Midi Out, and is not even planned - Apple's audio unit midi out framework seems "strange" to me and not compatible with the way PA is built.

Will the standalone get midi out? I really like the sequencer and would like to try it on different synths. (If this is already an option could you tell a noob (me😅) how?

• @Pitje said:

@jimpavloff said:

@jolico said:
    In AUM you can add Pure Acid as a midi unit, but it doesn’t appear in the midi output section of the midi patchbay matrix.

Auv3 version does not support Midi Out, and is not even planned - Apple's audio unit midi out framework seems "strange" to me and not compatible with the way PA is built.

Will the standalone get midi out? I really like the sequencer and would like to try it on different synths. (If this is already an option could you tell a noob (me😅) how?

Yes, standalone will get midi out in the future updates.

• @jimpavloff said:

@Pitje said:

@jimpavloff said:

@jolico said:

Awesome news, thank you! I love your apps, but this one in particular makes me happy 😆 slidey, growly goodness in a very pretty package. Very well done!

• edited December 2019

Does the Pure Acid AU have a MIDI Trigger mode like Rozeta Bassline so you can have it so the patterns are triggered by a MIDI note in the DAW rather than just running freely?

I want to use it in ZenBeats but the only way to make the sequencer only play when a specific clip is playing would be if the AU has a MIDI trigger setting.

• @sdesign said:
    Does the Pure Acid AU have a MIDI Trigger mode like Rozeta Bassline so you can have it so the patterns are triggered by a MIDI note in the DAW rather than just running freely?

I want to use it in ZenBeats but the only way to make the sequencer only play when a specific clip is playing would be if the AU has a MIDI trigger setting.

Currently you can try to do it using PureAcid's AU parameter called "Bass On", by automating it on or off in your daw.

• @jimpavloff said:

@sdesign said:

Currently you can try to do it using PureAcid's AU parameter called "Bass On", by automating it on or off in your daw.

Thanks, I will use Bass On. Would you be able to add MIDI Note -> Pattern Change in a future update?

Could use a different octave range for drums and bass, so we can set clips up to trigger different combinations of patterns.

• @sdesign said:

@jimpavloff said:

@sdesign said:

Thanks, I will use Bass On. Would you be able to add MIDI Note -> Pattern Change in a future update?

Could use a different octave range for drums and bass, so we can set clips up to trigger different combinations of patterns.

Program change messages are used by pure acid to select the bass or drum pattern. Send on channel
    10 for the drum patterns.

You can use streambyter or Mozaic or MidiFire or other utilities to convert a note to programmchange if zenbeats doesn't send pc messages.

• @espiegel123 said:

@sdesign said:

@jimpavloff said:

@sdesign said:

Program change messages are used by pure acid to select the bass or drum pattern. Send on channel

You can use streambyter or Mozaic or MidiFire or other utilities to convert a note to programmchange if zenbeats doesn't send pc messages.

ZB doesn’t support PC messages. I’d rather not have to introduce another app into the chain. Would prefer MIDI Note -> Pattern Change was implemented in Pure Acid if possible

• @jimpavloff said:

• @sdesign said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sdesign said:

@jimpavloff said:

@sdesign said:

ZB doesn’t support PC messages. I’d rather not have to introduce another app into the chain. Would prefer MIDI Note -> Pattern Change was implemented in Pure Acid if possible

Notes are used to play the bass and drum instruments at the moment. I wouldn't want to lose that.

• @espiegel123 said:

@sdesign said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sdesign said:

@jimpavloff said:

@sdesign said:

Notes are used to play the bass and drum instruments at the moment. I wouldn't want to lose that.

You would lose that. The pattern switching tends to be C0, D0, E0 etc. which will be below the octaves that can be played by the synth.

• @sdesign said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sdesign said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sdesign said:

@jimpavloff said:

@sdesign said:

You would lose that. The pattern switching tends to be C0, D0, E0 etc. which will be below the octaves that can be played by the synth.

This really seems like a shortcoming in ZB rather than something that should be changed in PA--especially since the workaround ZB's lack of program change sending is easily solvable.

• @espiegel123 said:

@sdesign said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sdesign said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sdesign said:

@jimpavloff said:

@sdesign said:

This really seems like a shortcoming in ZB rather than something that should be changed in PA--especially since the workaround ZB's lack of program change sending is easily solvable.

No not really. It’s quite common for synths with sequencers to allow pattern change via MIDI Notes. ABL3 on the PC/Mac also does it and it works really well.

• @jimpavloff said:

@sdesign said:

Not sure if anyone else has brought it up but would getting Pure Acid to work as an AUfx plugin be possible? I think this could make for a sweet IAP.

• edited December 2019

@jimpavloff even after latest update, in nanostudio still sequencer knobs, if turned off, are not stored in project - after reopening they are again ON.

• @dendy said:
    @jimpavloff even after latest update, in nanostudio still sequencer knobs, if turned off, are not stored in project - after reopening they are again ON.

Thanks for pointing, will be fixed also.