Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What is the best sounding analog soft synth?

I really want to find a software synth that sounds as good as the Korg Minilogue or Moog Mother 32. Is there such a thing? Doesn't U-He or NI have some that rival hardware?

IOS or Mac, either is good.

Comments

• U-He Diva and Repro are my own gold standard for analog reproductions. I’ve heard good things about NI Monark but haven’t tried it myself.

• Yep. Diva is amazing. I have Repro but haven’t really used it yet - just can’t get past Diva. :)

• U-he repro which includes the pro 5 poly synth for mac is impressive for a soft synth.

you can get a crave for 169 euro which is a mono analogue synth.

Zeeon or drambo for ios.

• @[Deleted User] said:
    or drambo for ios.

👀

• @jipumarino said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    or drambo for ios.

👀

Eek 😬

• best sounding analog soft synth?
    is this a trick question?

• Repro, Diva, roland cloud emus, Tal UnoLX, Synapse The legend, Zeeon

Those are the best analog sounding Softsynths

• doing some subjective listening tests and so far to me Monark > Repro > Zeeon> @Synthi said:

Repro, Diva, roland cloud emus, Tal UnoLX, Synapse The legend, Zeeon

Thank you! I just listened to Monark next to Repro and Monark seems to sound more like hardware analogs that I've heard. very subjective first impression!

• ACE sounds pretty pretty good too!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @gkillmaster said:
    doing some subjective listening tests and so far to me Monark > Repro > Zeeon> @Synthi said:

Repro, Diva, roland cloud emus, Tal UnoLX, Synapse The legend, Zeeon

Thank you! I just listened to Monark next to Repro and Monark seems to sound more like hardware analogs that I've heard. very subjective first Y

Yes., Monark too!

• edited December 2019

To me, The Legend > Monark, but both are good. Diva and Repro are amazing. XILS MiniSynx is also excellent and warm (as is the full, more expensive version).

If you like Monark > Repro, you may simply like Moog sound over Sequential sound in general. Nothing wrong with that.

Repro, as an emulation, is amazing.

There’s good analog synths on iOS, but they don’t compare, to my ears, with the best of the desktop. On the plus side, to date, they are a LOT cheaper! Korg, Zeeon, DRC, Model D, etc.

• Moog Model D and Model 15 ! Especially Model 15 has serious "real analogue" taste...

• As good as the Minilogue? Haha, as you've seen by now, there are plenty of options for that. A ton on iOS, too. The Minilogue sounds like crap (I can fairly say this as I own one and still use it...as a MIDI keyboard for iOS synths).

• iOS = iSem, iVCS3, Mood, Model D, Model 15 (in no particular order)

PC/Mac = Diva, The Legend, Softube Modular

Mac = Pulsar Modular P900

• @gkillmaster said:
    I really want to find a software synth that sounds as good as the Korg Minilogue or Moog Mother 32. Is there such a thing? Doesn't U-He or NI have some that rival hardware?

I find it interesting that you say Minilogue. I've played and edited sounds on the OB-6, Prophet-6, Prophet Rev2 and the KORG Prologue 16 and I didn't expect the Prologue to cover most of the others' sonic ground, but it could also do a lot that the others can't do.
    I really expected the opposite to happen before I got my hands on them!
    It's not that I'm immediately going to buy a Prologue, I still find it too expensive, but it's a surprisingly good synth with a panel that is convenient to operate and a key bed that I prefer over the Smiths.

Soft synths that I would classify as fitting in your category:
    GForce Oddity2 (my personal favorite for chords)
    Viking (desktop and iOS)
    ACE (yes!), Diva
    KORG Mono/Poly and iMono/Poly

If I had to choose only one then I guess it would be either Diva or Oddity2.

• On iOS the Moog Model 15 & D have the most analog sounding software filters i've heard. Also the Korg Odyssey is a very close emulation and the other Korg synths are pretty good.

• I don’t own any UH/E plugins yet, though I wish I just skipped V collection and some other commercial synths and just bought the entire UH/E synth bundle. seems like the first and last analog emulations one would ever need to get.

The only other synth in the competition for my money is Omnisphere. How do all the new analog emulations in 2.5 compare to UH/E emulations of the same?

• Model 15 and Zeeon, of those I own. These questions are pretty subjective, though, and doesn’t help that you opened it to desktop synths.
    But those two seem pretty consensual from the folks here.

• I have a Prophet 6 and secretly prefer the sound of Repro5 to it. Both are great but the uhe stuff is genuinely amazing. Roland cloud stuff is great too.

• Synapse Legend for the Moog thing. Pretty much amazing to me.

• Repro-5 and Diva.

But....the dark sound of DRC is sooo “analogish”

• @vitocorleone123 said:
    To me, The Legend > Monark, but both are good. Diva and Repro are amazing. XILS MiniSynx is also excellent and warm (as is the full, more expensive version).

If you like Monark > Repro, you may simply like Moog sound over Sequential sound in general. Nothing wrong with that.

Repro, as an emulation, is amazing.

There’s good analog synths on iOS, but they don’t compare, to my ears, with the best of the desktop. On the plus side, to date, they are a LOT cheaper! Korg, Zeeon, DRC, Model D, etc.

Thank you for this. I see what you mean now about Moog vs. Sequential. Hadn't realized that! Will check out DRC...

• @lairdhenn said:
    I have a Prophet 6 and secretly prefer the sound of Repro5 to it. Both are great but the uhe stuff is genuinely amazing. Roland cloud stuff is great too.

wow, great to hear about Repro 5. I happen to have it on my Mac!

• @rs2000 said:

@gkillmaster said:

I find it interesting that you say Minilogue. I've played and edited sounds on the OB-6, Prophet-6, Prophet Rev2 and the KORG Prologue 16 and I didn't expect the Prologue to cover most of the others' sonic ground, but it could also do a lot that the others can't do.
    I really expected the opposite to happen before I got my hands on them!
    It's not that I'm immediately going to buy a Prologue, I still find it too expensive, but it's a surprisingly good synth with a panel that is convenient to operate and a key bed that I prefer over the Smiths.

Soft synths that I would classify as fitting in your category:
    GForce Oddity2 (my personal favorite for chords)
    Viking (desktop and iOS)
    ACE (yes!), Diva
    KORG Mono/Poly and iMono/Poly

If I had to choose only one then I guess it would be either Diva or Oddity2.

great info! thanks!

• Thanks everyone. This is such great feedback and super helpful.