Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New App - PolyPhase - Beta is open - not mine but seems very cool -

Comments

• @mekohler said:
    Update Out:
    - Added option to latch the Global Transpose
    - Added option to specify the Global Transpose delta
    - Long-Pressing the BPM will now allow you to manually enter a value
    - The Help Menu has been replaced with a downloadable PDF to prevent audio lag
    - Removed ability to assign CC 120 or CC 123 to the CC Tracks or MIDI Control, as these are used for MIDI Panic
    - Added more functions to the MIDI Control section "Fn"
    - Minor UI Changes

Ha, beat you by a minute on the other thread. Thanks for the new Midi Learnable functions. ๐Ÿ‘

• edited December 2019

@mekohler Would still love the option of MidiLearn for transport controls. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ™

• @mekohler Really nice update. Thanks.
    And that little synth just sounds so beautiful! Let me know if you ever make it stand alone.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    @mekohler Would still love the option of MidiLearn for transport controls. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ™

I just added them

• @mekohler said:

@SpookyZoo said:

I just added them

Rad, thanks!

• edited December 2019

@mekohler said:

@SpookyZoo said:

I just added them

Fantastic!

Big thanks for adding Transport and the other options. So quickly after request too.

Having all that functionality available to external midi control really brings the app alive.

Also, I bought Polyphase with the sole intention of using as a controller for other apps but I find myself just using the internal synth as it sounds so nice itself. (BTW on that note if you ever want to add another midi tab, the Reset/Random/Morph options for the Synth and FX would be another sweet addition to midi-learn. :) )

Polyphase may just be my favourite purchase of the year.

• @mekohler I beta'd on this one but didn't really offer much feedback other than your initial UI choices. Didn't end up using all that much so I didn't buy when it launched.

I did end up buying it during your recent sale because I found that it produced better results with not as much effort and plenty of ways for the user to make it unique to taste.

Been playing with it off and of for the last couple of weeks, and I think it might be one of my favorite apps I picked up during the sales.

Great work. Thanks! :)

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Also, I bought Polyphase with the sole intention of using as a controller for other apps but I find myself just using the internal synth as it sounds so nice itself.
    Polyphase may just be my favourite purchase of the year.

This

• edited December 2019

Thanks for the kind comments guys :open_mouth:

I will add those 3 Synth functions tonight

• edited December 2019

@mekohler said:

Sweet! :)

I was looking for a bit of info in the pdf for some of the options, Vintage & Spread Waves.... to me these sound a bit like a slight pitching effect and an extension of the Wavetable range being used. Is that right?

• edited December 2019

@mekohler said:

Just noticed we could do with Master Transpose and Reset All on the midi front too. :)

• edited December 2019

@SpookyZoo said:

@mekohler said:

Sweet! :)

I was looking for a bit of info in the pdf for some of the options, Vintage & Spread Waves.... to me these sound a bit like a slight pitching effect and an extension of the Wavetable range being used. Is that right?

Vintage puts a slight LFO on the tuning and Spread Waves makes each Track's Wavetable position slightly different

• dang, polyphase just keeps getting better. @mekohler thanks for making such a great thing!

• Update Out:
    - Added more functions to the MIDI Control section
    - Added option "CC Tracks Don't Output Externally"
    - Improved performance when not using the Audio Engine
    - Minor UI Changes

• edited December 2019

@mekohler said:
    Update Out:
    - Added more functions to the MIDI Control section
    - Added option "CC Tracks Don't Output Externally"
    - Improved performance when not using the Audio Engine
    - Minor UI Changes

Superstar!!

Ps. So impressed with your fast development and taking onboard user feedback that Iโ€™ve just bought your Harmonix app for Digitone too.

Thanks again for all the recent additions.

• Thank youuuu ๐Ÿ‘

• edited December 2019

The next update will fix the MIDI / Audio lag when scrolling the MIDI / Load tables.

Does anyone have any issues connecting PolyPhase to external hardware / modular? I have one user who says it "jams" up his modular, but everything works fine here. My Elektron gear gets no hung notes and connecting it to Ableton, I can see the stream of the 4 Tracks coming in perfectly.

Edit: apparently, it was the type of MIDI -> CV converter he was using

• @mekohler thanks for your continuous updates. This app is getting really cool.

• @mekohler said:
    The next update will fix the MIDI / Audio lag when scrolling the MIDI / Load tables.

Does anyone have any issues connecting PolyPhase to external hardware / modular? I have one user who says it "jams" up his modular, but everything works fine here. My Elektron gear gets no hung notes and connecting it to Ableton, I can see the stream of the 4 Tracks coming in perfectly.

Edit: apparently, it was the type of MIDI -> CV converter he was using

only the good kind of "jamming" over here.

• Running another open beta: https://testflight.apple.com/join/oplwfhiI

Beta 2.9.4:
    - Bug Fix: MIDI would lag when moving the app to the background
    - Improved Master Track note generation
    - Improved Euclid Seq, Rnd Seq, Rnd Transp, Rnd Length, & Rnd Velocity functions
    - New Defaults for Track Rate, Transposition & Velocity
    - Velocity Humanization is now a constant value and not a % of the current Velocity
    - Added advanced Note Filtering Options
    - Increased max BPM to 300
    - Minor UI Changes

• @mekohler said:
    Running another open beta: https://testflight.apple.com/join/oplwfhiI

Beta 2.9.4:
    - Improved Euclid Seq, Rnd Seq, Rnd Transp, Rnd Length, & Rnd Velocity functions
    - Velocity Humanization is now a constant value and not a % of the current Velocity
    - Minor UI Changes

Nice! Glad to see this app being worked on! Iโ€™ll try the beta later and see how it goes.

• @mekohler said:
    Running another open beta: https://testflight.apple.com/join/oplwfhiI

Beta 2.9.4:
    - Minor UI Changes

Thank you for doing this. I had my eye on this app, but couldnโ€™t decide, especially since Iโ€™ve spent a lot on apps in last couple months... Now I can try before I buy. Cheers!

• Polyphase Manual for those new to the app...

https://marcoskohler.com/PolyPhase_2_9_4.pdf

• @mekohler I saw the new beta was finally ready, thank you Marcos!

For anyone not yet aware of it, this app is a really good generative sequencer. Don't let the fact it is not AUv3 put you off. Here is my recent walkthrough vid

• @Gavinski said:
    @mekohler I saw the new beta was finally ready, thank you Marcos!

For anyone not yet aware of it, this app is a really good generative sequencer. Don't let the fact it is not AUv3 put you off. Here is my recent walkthrough vid

Yea I need to watch that, thanks @Gavinski

• Beta over, update released. Thanks!

• How are people using this without AUv3? I own it, but never use it as the act of leaving the app where I do everything really kills my flow.

• @drcongo said:
    How are people using this without AUv3? I own it, but never use it as the act of leaving the app where I do everything really kills my flow.

Itโ€™s a really cool app indeed but i never use it since itโ€™s not AU. Same with the sublime Senode.

• I don't find it that big a deal to switch out of aum into this. My main annoyance with IAA is the state not saving in aum. I just got used to saving a preset for the aum session in polyphase, and then making a note in the notes window in aum reminding myself of the name of the preset I saved it as. Not ideal, but polyphase is too good not to use.

• Update 2.9.6
    - Changed Track Defaults when the App is launched
    - Added Note Filter Option "Deselect Chord Chance"
    - Added new Preset "One Step Ahead"
    - Added support for the iPad Mini v6
    - Minor UI Updates
    - Bug Fix: Follower Track Jitter was not being recalled correctly
    - Bug Fix: some Note Filter Options were not saved properly with Presets
    - Bug Fix: when auto-selecting a Chord Key / Scale, the UI would not update properly

Open Beta for 2.9.7
    - Ableton Link Integration
    - Test Flight Link: https://testflight.apple.com/join/oplwfhiI