Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cinematica Vol.1 for Roland JP 8000 -- intro price €18.00

NatLife Sounds present you a first hardware soundbank from LFO Store team – “Cinematica” Soundbank for legendary Roland JP-8000/8080 family synthesizers.

Library includes 64 preset patches and 64 style performances (128 sounds in whole)
wich was specially made for cinema, ambient, space music. “Cinematica” have a different view of Roland JP 8000 and focused on more “analog like” tones: deep basses, analog leads, warm strings and pads, under inspiration of modern & vintage science fiction movies.

Patches made by Nick Klimenko & Ivan Vasiliev (LFO Team)

Preset categories:

1-16 – Strings Pads Swells
17-24 – Leads Poly & Mono
25-32 – Basses
33- 41 – Plucks
42- 49 – Movements
50 – 58 – Vintage Strings
58 -64 – Varios sounds

Link!

Comments

• edited December 2019

I had a JP8000, probably the worst sounding Roland synth ever IMO. I only bought it because at the time the magazines said it was cool. If only i knew about the Jupiter 8 back then. This is a case where an ios synth is far superior.

Sunrizer

https://apps.apple.com/nl/app/sunrizer-synth/id443663267?l=en

• @[Deleted User] said:
    I had a JP8000, probably the worst sounding Roland synth ever IMO. I only bought it because at the time the magazines said it was cool. If only i knew about the Jupiter 8 back then. This is a case where an ios synth is far superior.

Sunrizer

https://apps.apple.com/nl/app/sunrizer-synth/id443663267?l=en

Yes. SunrizerXS makes the JP8000 sound like garbage.

I only use the JP-8000 as a controller now.

• totally disagree with
    1/ jp8000 sounds bad
    2/ sunrizer makes sound JP like garbage

JP8k is great synth.. Sunrizer is good in emulating it's supersaws at 80%.. but best part of JP is feedback oscillator and cross modulation which is not in Sunrizer at all...

JP8000/8080 is for me one of 5 best VA synths ever made .. had 8080 many years ago and if there will be opporutunity to biy one for good proce again, will do it.

• @dendy said:
    totally disagree with
    1/ jp8000 sounds bad
    2/ sunrizer makes sound JP like garbage

JP8k is great synth.. Sunrizer is good in emulating it's supersaws at 80%.. but best part of JP is feedback oscillator and cross modulation which is not in Sunrizer at all...

JP8000/8080 is for me one of 5 best VA synths ever made .. had 8080 many years ago and if there will be opporutunity to biy one for good proce again, will do it.

Actually the 8080 is superior to the 8000, but that feedback oscillator is good for creating sandstorms :wink:

• @jolico
    Actually the 8080 is superior to the 8000

Hm, as i know only diffeerence betwenn 8000 an 8080 was vocoder ? At least synth engine was 1:1 same, or i am wrong ??

Feedback oscillator was great also for creating huge alien leads :)

• edited December 2019

@dendy said:

@jolico

Hm, as i know only diffeerence betwenn 8000 an 8080 was vocoder ? At least synth engine was 1:1 same, or i am wrong ??

It has an external input that the 8000 doesn’t have and probably has an updated version of the synth engine.

The 8000 doesn’t sound analog. SunrizerXS does.

The 8000 sounds cold, digital and has those annoying clicks when the amp envelope attack/release is at a low setting.

And another thing. It has crappy cheap capacitors that leak when the unit is not powered for a long time.

• edited December 2019

@jolico said:

@dendy said:

@jolico

It has an external input that the 8000 doesn’t have and probably has an updated version of the synth engine.

The 8000 sounds cold, digital and has those annoying clicks when the amp envelope attack/release is at a low setting.

And another thing. It has crappy cheap capacitors that leak when the unit is not powered for a long time.

Those clicks! I knew nothing about synths and i spend hours and hours try to get rid of those clicks, it actually was a huge set back and i often wonder if i just lucked a upon buying a secondhand juno instead at the time. The bass, lead and even pads sounds on the jp8000 are terrible.the base was made out of chipboard and disintegrated after a few years, all the knobs broke (er..well about 8) and the battery died. Now I have a juno 6 which was the sound i was looking for in the first place. I sold the JP8000 in this state a few years ago for 200 euro! It didn’t even work and its digital so good luck at fixing that. Some serious over hype on this synth.

• Sunrizer... the gift that keeps on giving.

• I’ve got the jp8080, is one of my favourite synths, soon after I got it, coaxed a sound out of it that inspired me so much I stayed awake for three days straight and made a track with it, had what I can only describe as a religious experience. As I don’t read manuals I turned it off after my extended session, but not before I committed it to dat, working on a soundbank at the mo for sunrizer, I’ll upload it once it’s finished, first few presets sound a bit uninspiring and need a bit of tweaking.

• @mister_rz said:
    I’ve got the jp8080, is one of my favourite synths, soon after I got it, coaxed a sound out of it that inspired me so much I stayed awake for three days straight and made a track with it, had what I can only describe as a religious experience. As I don’t read manuals I turned it off after my extended session, but not before I committed it to dat, working on a soundbank at the mo for sunrizer, I’ll upload it once it’s finished, first few presets sound a bit uninspiring and need a bit of tweaking.

Please don’t let it be a plain saw wave :smiley:

• @jolico said:

@mister_rz said:
    I’ve got the jp8080, is one of my favourite synths, soon after I got it, coaxed a sound out of it that inspired me so much I stayed awake for three days straight and made a track with it, had what I can only describe as a religious experience. As I don’t read manuals I turned it off after my extended session, but not before I committed it to dat, working on a soundbank at the mo for sunrizer, I’ll upload it once it’s finished, first few presets sound a bit uninspiring and need a bit of tweaking.

Super ;)

• @mister_rz said:

Wow.
    Sounds like my first real synthesizer encounter when I was 12 years old. Couldn't sleep as well.

• @jolico said:

@mister_rz said:

It has to be plain I’m afraid, as we have a lot of elderly residents in happy valley, don’t want the menu to be too spicy for them.

• @rs2000 said:

@mister_rz said:

Wow.
    Sounds like my first real synthesizer encounter when I was 12 years old. Couldn't sleep as well.

Good times, only other synth I connected with at a similar level was when I was in my late teens and got my grubby paws on a sh-101, spent hours with a pair of headphones, hooked it up to my dat and just jammed recording everything. Loved it, like having most of the controls exposed for experimenting, loved the sound of my synths with lcd’s but they were a pita to program.

• @mister_rz said:

@rs2000 said:

@mister_rz said:

Wow.

Good times, only other synth I connected with at a similar level was when I was in my late teens and got my grubby paws on a sh-101, spent hours with a pair of headphones, hooked it up to my dat and just jammed recording everything. Loved it, like having most of the controls exposed for experimenting, loved the sound of my synths with lcd’s but they were a pita to program.

SH-101 is awesome. I have a grey one. It goes out of tune if you touch the power button, so I just keep it switched on.
    I wish there was a mod to make it polyphonic.

• @jolico said:

@mister_rz said:

@rs2000 said:

@mister_rz said:

Wow.

SH-101 is awesome. I have a grey one. It goes out of tune if you touch the power button, so I just keep it switched on.

I had the grey one too, with the red handle grip, swapped it for a mixing desk years back, got it when they were cheap, like the 303’s, 808’s were at the time, nearly got the blue one but just missed it. Saw the prices a few years back, couldn’t believe how expensive they were, very tempted by the newer tiny boutique reissues, like to build up a mini roland collection, when I finally move and have a bit more space for hardware again. Polyphonic mod would be sweet, found it great for 50’s sounding sci-fi effects and sweeps.

• @mister_rz said:

@jolico said:

@mister_rz said:

@rs2000 said:

@mister_rz said:

Wow.

I had the grey one too, with the red handle grip, swapped it for a mixing desk years back, got it when they were cheap, like the 303’s, 808’s were at the time, nearly got the blue one but just missed it. Saw the prices a few years back, couldn’t believe how expensive they were, very tempted by the newer tiny boutique reissues, like to build up a mini roland collection, when I finally move and have a bit more space for hardware again. Polyphonic mod would be sweet, found it great for 50’s sounding sci-fi effects and sweeps.

The SH is great for these sci-fi sounds indeed, and the only synth I had by now that could do an authentic repro of fish prepared in a frying pan.

• @rs2000 said:

@mister_rz said:

@jolico said:

@mister_rz said:

@rs2000 said:

@mister_rz said:

Wow.

The SH is great for these sci-fi sounds indeed, and the only synth I had by now that could do an authentic repro of fish prepared in a frying pan.

Hahaha, ‘tis nice when you find sounds that link to things so specific, I had one with sunrizer that sounded like helicopter blades, sent me on a random journey.

• It’s my go to synth for creating anything from kick drums to sonar pings.
    My dream setup at the moment would be 3 SH-101s synced to Pure Acid.

• @jolico said:
    It’s my go to synth for creating anything from kick drums to sonar pings.

My recommendation:
    Use an old laptop built into an iPad stand somehow and install this:
    https://tal-software.com/products/tal-bassline
    Open your favorite amount of instances in your favorite VST or AU Win/Mac sequencer/DAW (Ableton Lite would offer LINK and pattern-based composition like in Pure Acid).

This could be material for a new topic...

• @rs2000 said:

@jolico said:

My recommendation:
    Open your favorite amount of instances in your favorite VST or AU Win/Mac sequencer/DAW (Ableton Lite would offer LINK and pattern-based composition like in Pure Acid).

I’m doing something similar now with Pure Acid and multiple instances of Poison-202, but my hands know the SH-101 so well.
    Multiple fingers tweaking the sliders at the same time without hitting unwanted stuff bu mistake.

There’s no automation, but the SH-101 is all sweet spots. It is very difficult to get a bad sound out of it, so live tweaking always sounds good and there is no need for automation editing.

• W> @jolico said:

@mister_rz said:

@rs2000 said:

@mister_rz said:

Closest you’ll get right now Is the Roland sh01a boutique. That’s until Behringer come out with a poly ms1 :D

• encenc
    edited December 2019

@jolico said:

@rs2000 said:

@jolico said:

My recommendation:

I’m doing something similar now with Pure Acid and multiple instances of Poison-202, but my hands know the SH-101 so well.
    Multiple fingers tweaking the sliders at the same time without hitting unwanted stuff bu mistake.

There’s no automation, but the SH-101 is all sweet spots. It is very difficult to get a bad sound out of it, .

I just posted a track in December song of the month thread ..Pure Acid app with along with Roland sh01a and Behringer ms1. Was trying to capture that 303 sh101 vibe

• edited December 2019

sh 101 is an absolute classic and used in groundbreaking music, the awful JP8000 was used a bit in some cheesy trance tracks but infact most of the time the real synth used for those tracks was the access virus which is a fantastic sounding synth.

• on my opinion Sunrizer sounds even not close to JP 8000, i know more than 20 VST's with a much better sounding than Sunrizer(for me it's pretty cheap sounding synth imho).

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@jolico said:

@dendy said:

@jolico

Those clicks! I knew nothing about synths and i spend hours and hours try to get rid of those clicks, it actually was a huge set back and i often wonder if i just lucked a upon buying a secondhand juno instead at the time. The bass, lead and even pads sounds on the jp8000 are terrible.the base was made out of chipboard and disintegrated after a few years, all the knobs broke (er..well about 8) and the battery died. Now I have a juno 6 which was the sound i was looking for in the first place. I sold the JP8000 in this state a few years ago for 200 euro! It didn’t even work and its digital so good luck at fixing that. Some serious over hype on this synth.

those clicks came from fast envelopes. open envelope a little no click ;)

:D

• edited December 2019

@Max23 said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@jolico said:

@dendy said:

@jolico

those clicks came from fast envelopes. open envelope a little no click ;)

You cant get rid of the clicks without losing all the punch , crap jp8000 digital env. I have a juno 6, nice woody punch and no clicks.

• edited December 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited December 2019

@Max23 said:

I just love Roland supersaw
    unisono never sounded like that :)

Yep it does have that one cheesy sound but still pretty usless for anything else. 😆 everyone quickly moved onto the access virus and back to analogue after.