Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VoxSyn Pro - Voice Controlled Synthesizer and Vocoder by Virsyn

edited December 2019 in General App Discussion

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1486614433

Description:

VoxSyn Pro turns your voice into the most flexible vocal sound generator ever. Instantly following even subtle modulations of pitch and spectral changes of your voice VoxSyn Pro creates signature vocal sounds far beyond traditional vocoding.

Talk or sing into the microphone and you’ll trigger various synthesizer sounds following your voice pitch or the notes touched on the hexagonal keyboard / external MIDI Keyboard. The basic sounds are selected from a vast pool of predefined sounds from the famous TERA synthesis engine which can be further expanded by its unique random sound generator.

The harmonic table note layout visualises your voices pitch in realtime and also let you play notes for more traditional vocoder effects.

VoxSyn Pro is AUv3 compatible and can be used in AU Host apps like Garageband, Cubasis, AUM and many more.

Important: Users of VoxSyn should wait for the App bundle to save money.

Features:

• Voice control of pitch and timbre
  • Free Mix of original voice, synthesizer carrier and vocoded signal.
  • 22-channel Vocoder
  • Integrated preset synthesizer engine
  • Hundreds of presets included
  • Hi-end Reverb and Chorus/Delay/Distortion/Phaser effects
  • Share/Export of audio recordings
  • CoreMIDI / Virtual MIDI and Background audio
  • Inter App Audio compatible
  • AUv3 AudioUnit with parameter automation
  • Audiobus 3 support (Input/Filter/Output) with state saving

Comments

• I've got the 'non pro' Voxsyn, which hasn't been updated for three years, so think I'll give this a miss.

• Gonna be one of these ios music app release days! That's the 4 new ones out and it's not 1pm yet!

• I wonder how this will differ from their Matrix Vocoder

• Oh nice, I like Voxsyn, hoped it would go AU, wonder if the "Pro" means anything else though

• @MonzoPro said:
    I've got the 'non pro' Voxsyn, which hasn't been updated for three years, so think I'll give this a miss.

Me too. I couldn’t get mine to work last time I opened it. You’re dead to me, Virsyn.

• People having VoxSyn already should wait for VoxSyn Bundle. Then you only pay kind of update price for this.

• @TimRussell said:
    I wonder how this will differ from their Matrix Vocoder

Main difference to Matrix + external synthesizer ( and every other vocoder with external carrier i know of) ist that the pitch follows over the whole note length and not only the triggered start note of the synth.

• @VirSyn said:
    People having VoxSyn already should wait for VoxSyn Bundle. Then you only pay kind of update price for this.

Thanks for the info, will wait :)

• @Carnbot said:
    Oh nice, I like Voxsyn, hoped it would go AU, wonder if the "Pro" means anything else though

Besides AU and MIDI controlled AU there is a bit more control over the underlying TERA sound preset, e.g. envelope times and overall brightness for better fit to vocal source.

And you can mix original voice / vocoded sound and synthesizer sound freely. You can for example "play" the synthesizer with the pitch of your voice without using the vocoder part at all.

• edited December 2019

The link to the App Store isn’t working and I can’t find it there either. I can only see the first one there.
    It looks good to me, I’ve recently been searching around for voice changer/vocoder type effects- this seems to fit the bill.
    What was required to be updated in the older one apart from AUv3?

• @VirSyn said:

@TimRussell said:

Main difference to Matrix + external synthesizer ( and every other vocoder with external carrier i know of) ist that the pitch follows over the whole note length and not only the triggered start note of the synth.

Does this one only work with its built-in synth or can you apply the vocoding as an effect to an audio input?

• @espiegel123 said:

@VirSyn said:

@TimRussell said:

Does this one only work with its built-in synth or can you apply the vocoding as an effect to an audio input?

This works only with the built in synth, because there is no standard way to change the pitch within the course of one note. (Other than pitchbend which is relative to the pitch bend range and can therefore not used easily)
    This is in fact the reasoning behind creating VoxSyn to make this deep integration between Vocoder and Synthesizer possible.

• edited December 2019

@VirSyn said:
    People having VoxSyn already should wait for VoxSyn Bundle. Then you only pay kind of update price for this.

This is really kind of you to share this. I love all my VirSyn stuff (including iVoxel) and likely will upgrade to the newest version, and it is always good to take care of your existing customers with an upgrade path.

• @VirSyn said:

So when will the bundle hit the shelves then?

• edited December 2019

“You can play the synthesizer with the pitch of your voice”

Sold!

• Greeeaaat... another vocoder.

INSTABUY

• Important: Users of VoxSyn should wait for the App bundle to save money.

• edited December 2019

@VirSyn said:

I don't want to pay "kind of update price". I already paid for the app. I just want the app I already paid for to actually work.

• edited December 2019

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@VirSyn said:

I don't want to pay "kind of update price". I already paid for the app. I just want the app I already paid for to actually work.

Doesn’t the one you paid for work?
    (My understanding is that the new app is different, at least to the extent it’s AUv3)
    The non pro one is working for me in my preferred host, current iOS, 2017 device.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@VirSyn said:

(My understanding is that the new app is different, at least to the extent it’s AUv3)
    The non pro one is working for me in my preferred host, current iOS, 2017 device.

Didn't work last time I tried it. Thanks for your report though; I appreciate it. I'll do a restart and give it another try.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@VirSyn said:

Didn't work last time I tried it. Thanks for your report though; I appreciate it. I'll do a restart and give it another try.

Didn’t work in what way? Crash on launch?

• edited December 2019

@VirSyn I'm curious if the synth creates MIDI notes that can be recorded in a DAW?

• VoxSyn reeeaally like vocoders.

• If you buy the new one but don’t already have the old one - is there anything to be gained from buying the old one well?..

• Anyone using this yet? If so, how is it?

• And like retronyms, virsyn is now a ‘hard pass’ company to me. The business practice model of these companies are not good enough for me to support them with anymore of my cash.

• @TimRussell said:
    Anyone using this yet? If so, how is it?

It’s interesting but I’m not really sure I get it completely (or get how it’s different from Voxsyn which I don’t own). I kept trying to use it as a traditional vocoder by pressing the keys but they don’t seem to actually do anything. You just sing, talk or make sounds into it. There is an input sensitivity dial which was set really high on first install, resulting in lots of continuous random sounds generated from background audio. Once I turned it down, it started only picking up my voice. The presets are pretty good, some expanding beyond the typical vocoder sound. I may actually use this in a composition at some point but even if I don’t, it’s pretty fun just to sing into.

• @MrSmileZ said:
    And like retronyms, virsyn is now a ‘hard pass’ company to me. The business practice model of these companies are not good enough for me to support them with anymore of my cash.

How so?