Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SDS-x Simpler Drum Sampler is out.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/sds-x-simple-drum-sampler/

For live use this is quite good and easy to swap in and out samples.

Comments

• Looks decent but it’s not (AU? I’ll pass. Shame,

• @audio_DT said:
    Looks decent but it’s not (AU? I’ll pass. Shame,

As I said I think it’s more designed for live use so having 2 instances or more is sort of not what it’s about. I know people what AU for everything nowadays.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@audio_DT said:

As I said I think it’s more designed for live use so having 2 instances or more is sort of not what it’s about. I know people what AU for everything nowadays.

Ah, I see. What’s the integration with Files like?

• edited December 2019

@audio_DT said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@audio_DT said:

@audio_DT it’s pretty seamless either drag and drop once in app or direct import.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@audio_DT said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@audio_DT said:

@audio_DT it’s pretty seamless either drag and drop once in app or direct import.

Thanks.

• Made a quick video.

• Link failed but I purchase it doing search by myself. Now I need a pad controller or I will broke my screen with sticks :trollface:

Nice to have something like Spds on iPad.

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    Link failed but I purchase it doing search by myself. Now I need a pad controller or I will broke my screen with sticks :trollface:

Nice to have something like Spds on iPad.

These damn Apple Links are a waste of space!

• @Jumpercollins cheers for info . No sample editing though?

• @stormbeats said:
    @Jumpercollins cheers for info . No sample editing though?

No haven't seen any.

• I like the kit structure from the app, the only thing Ibam missing in Koala, especially after renaming my whole collection of Maschine groups ;-)
    Otherwise I find Koala waaayyy deeper.

• Does this app support velocity switching layers?

• This is a really great app to use with my Zendrum drum controller. It's not a multisampler, so it will never have that true human feel, but It has a nice playing feel and touch-sensitive velocity response. The interface is quick and obvious to tweak sounds and set up for external MIDI.

I'd really like to see more drum slots for use with an external controller. Anything beyond the nine might be settings-only with no pad. Or perhaps scroll the pads down to get more rows. Another 6 voices would go a long way for me.

• edited August 2021

New Au beta is out with groove box qualities. Link is working but invite on website isn’t working at the moment, please see this tweet.

• edited August 2021

What ? can anyone see this link I shared it 3 times but it’s not showing up on my screen? Weird.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    What ? can anyone see this link I shared it 3 times but it’s not showing up on my screen? Weird.

I see it three times 😂

• @Poppadocrock Yessir your links work here but I don’t see a way to beta either as you said on the other thread.

• There having some issues with the links, not sure but I’d recommend… responding to their tweet or sending one of the developers @rygrob a dm via this forum. They reached out to me on the twittersphere. The app is really nice.

There’s also a new thread on page 1, started by @White i didn’t it see when I dug up this old one.

• @anickt said:

@Poppadocrock said:

I see it three times 😂

Thanks, how odd, this happened to me 1 other time on this forum, I wonder if it’s my adblocker? But that doesn’t make sense either, I don’t know… thanks though.

• @Shiloh said:
    @Poppadocrock Yessir your links work here but I don’t see a way to beta either as you said on the other thread.

Cheers!

• This (new) link worked for me. This is a cool little drum app.

https://testflight.apple.com/join/05hGzasa

• @anickt said:
    This (new) link worked for me. This is a cool little drum app.

https://testflight.apple.com/join/05hGzasa

Ah. Very nice!

• The link worked for me yesterday. Highly recommended great drum Sampler seems pretty polished already as a AU. Had problems modulating the pad parameters in AUM using midiLFO from Art Kerns apart from that haven't had any bugs.

• I’m not sure I need this. But just looking at it makes me think about 4pockets poor design choices. Just compare this to DigiStix. This interface is simple, colorful, doesn’t hurt on the eyes… it’s not that hard!

• @tahiche said:
    I’m not sure I need this. But just looking at it makes me think about 4pockets poor design choices. Just compare this to DigiStix. This interface is simple, colorful, doesn’t hurt on the eyes… it’s not that hard!

@tahiche Agreed the workflow in this is pretty smooth and love the simple layout.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@tahiche said:
    I’m not sure I need this. But just looking at it makes me think about 4pockets poor design choices. Just compare this to DigiStix. This interface is simple, colorful, doesn’t hurt on the eyes… it’s not that hard!

@tahiche Agreed the workflow in this is pretty smooth and love the simple layout.

Same few minor things but all in all very nice

• Enjoying things in multi-channel mode. It stops me thinking about the things SDS-x is missing and focus on the areas where it shines. I’m going to explore using Drambo as an MFX to provide per channel envelopes, filters and saturation. Combining the two apps together should make for a powerful percussion setup with a relatively straightforward workflow.

I’d love to see SDS-x make use of iOS’s ‘play sample in place’ feature (much like FAC Drumkit).