Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioKit L7 - Live Looper by Coda Labs Incorporated

edited December 2019 in General App Discussion

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1485507635

Description:

L7 is the ultimate live looper for iOS.

Inspired by the Roland Boss RC-505 Loop Station, L7 packs dozens of features previously only found in professional hardware loopers into a sleek, easy to use package with virtually unlimited creative potential.

• Record up to 16 tracks
  • 8 effects per track + master effects & input effects
  • Pan
  • Reverb
  • Tremolo
  • Tempo delay
  • Pitch shift (± 12 semitones)
  • Comb filter
  • High pass filter
  • Low pass filter
  • Voicetune with 144 different
    scales, control amount & speed

• Automatically trigger effect changes hands-free

• Variable loop length with auto-stop
  • Mute / unmute individual sections of a track
  • Overdub tracks
  • Save sessions and export to your favorite DAW
  • Import audio from any file format (wav, mp3, aiff, m4a, etc.)
  • Audiobus compatible
  • Sync with other apps using Ableton Link
  • Works with most USB audio interfaces
  • Best with wired headphones

Comments

• Look forward! Audiokit apps are amazing good.

• Yes. Just saw the tweet too. I wonder if it’s a free or paid app...

• Will it be a proper synth, fx-unit or another rompler?
    Maybe a it will be a Drum Machine with some original LINN samples?

• Yet another badly considered title.

• @u0421793 said:
    Yet another badly considered title.

I will change it tomorrow 😊

• Alpha Juno's rompler auv3 pls :)

• I wish I had bought 1gb IPad. So many apps so little space…

• @Charlesalbert said:
    I wish I had bought 1gb IPad. So many apps so little space…

Always.
    Ever.
    Never differently.

-> Buy the biggest available configuration.

If you can afford, somehow.

You WILL regret otherwise :) ;)

• 10am EST it's like 16.00 here in Sweden, going to be a long wait :D

• @White said:

@u0421793 said:
    Yet another badly considered title.

I will change it tomorrow 😊

B)

• From Audiokit or made with Audiokit ! Hopefully both!

I like what this guys doing.

• On Twit it says not a sampler, but you can record with it.
    No idea, but definitely interested.

• A wavetable synth maybe.

• edited December 2019

@tja said:

@Charlesalbert said:
    I wish I had bought 1gb IPad. So many apps so little space…

Always.
    Ever.
    Never differently.

-> Buy the biggest available configuration.

If you can afford, somehow.

You WILL regret otherwise :) ;)

Bought my 2018 from my cell provider on a great offer, but had to argue a little cuz they didn’t have the 128 in stock and tried to convince me I’d be fine with 32gb. Glad I convinced the manager to go hoof one over from another store.

• Portrait mode only as far I can see on the App Store images?

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Is out now

In the next hour or 2

• Out now in the US App Store. At least for the central time zone

• The link from @White give me this looper app.

• But this is not from Audiokit guys but from Coda Labs. Am I missing something?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Faland said:
    But this is not from Audiokit guys but from Coda Labs. Am I missing something?

I think it's that it's using the Audiokit SDK and is developed as a partnership.

• so how is it in aum or audiobus? can you easily stream other instruments into it and keep everything in sync easily? or is it really only useful using the external microphone?

• I saw the tweet last night. Unfortunately the last thing I need is another "groundbreaking looper". Let's see, I have Loopy HD, Group The Loop, Koala, GarageBand, Quantiloop Pro, Samplebot, InfiniteLooper, Auxy and maybe more that I've uninstalled. I have to stop buying loopers and samplers that have looping function built in.

Time and again I come back to Quantiloop Pro for guitar work and Loopy HD for everything else. Or I just use GarageBand or Beatmaker 3's built in sampling and loop functions. What am I missing here?

• @eross said:
    so how is it in aum or audiobus? can you easily stream other instruments into it and keep everything in sync easily? or is it really only useful using the external microphone?

I think a lot of us are waiting for the answer to this...

• edited December 2019

@Faland said:
    But this is not from Audiokit guys but from Coda Labs. Am I missing something?

This app has an amazing story. Daniel Kuntz started making apps in high school, inspired and enabled by the AudioKit framework. When Daniel met the founder of AudioKit earlier this year, they quickly discovered their mutual love of loopers.

“AudioKit people were incredibly welcoming, which was a really big deal. I felt like it legitimized my work. It really encouraged me to keep going. I honestly thought they were out of my league. I did not ever consider that we would develop an app together. It’s like a dream come true.” – Daniel Kuntz

This app was developed by the founder of AudioKit (Aure) & Daniel Kuntz (Coda). It was released under Coda Labs as a way for them both to make some money to sustain themselves and continue making music apps and working on the AudioKit framework. (As AudioKit Pro apps go 100% to the AudioKit open-source project/charity). Aure's gotta eat, too.

They're both hard at work improving the app, adding MIDI, etc. However, when they get a chance to catch some air, they'll jump on here and answer questions. I know they're committed to improving this app for all of you. :)

• I planned to buy it to support the AudioKit team project but now I am not sure anymore. I am fairly happy with Koala.

• Here’s a demo i did Using it to build up some ambience

• I'd love to see how it interfaces with AUM. If I could set up multiple AUm channels to send to the various channels of L7 I'd be thrilled.

• edited December 2019

Love this app and love how it works in AudioBus and AUM. Does everything good that LoopyHD does and adds some great new features.

The whole CountIn feature being visible in AUM via the AB HUD is so killer. Only LoopyHD and L7 do this as loopers as far as i know. This little feature is what keeps me from using GroupTheLoop, QuantiLoop and Ensō (other issues aside).