Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Synth Platinum 2 questions

Any PSP users out there?

Is it possible to set each instrument at a different midi output channel such as can be done with Sample Tank? I don't see any way to do this and the manual does not mention it.

Comments

• @LeesKeys said:
    Any PSP users out there?

Is it possible to set each instrument at a different midi output channel such as can be done with Sample Tank? I don't see any way to do this and the manual does not mention it.

PSP isn't multi-timbral but you can route different MIDI channels to different AUv3 instances.

• Might not work for me- I'd like to load multiple instances of PSP in Keystage, but Keystage isn't AU3 compliant. Is this where AUM could be utilized?

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

@LeesKeys said:
    Might not work for me- I'd like to load multiple instances of PSP in Keystage, but Keystage isn't AU3 compliant. Is this where AUM could be utilized?

Yes. Or Audiobus, NS2, or any AUv3 host.

In AUM, you would set up as many instances as you need (or your device can handle). In each channel you would set it to listen to "AUM Destination", each on a separate channel. Then you would send MIDI from Keystage to AUM, with the channels matching the patches you want to play.

Once things are working, you can save the setup as a Session in AUM. You'll need to reload that session manually as I don't think KeyStage can do that for you, but once you do, all the connections and settings should work.

(Caveat: I don't have Keystage, so these steps are not verified, but they should work, or be close.)

• Yes, that works. Thanks! I get lost easily when trying to set up AUM. Only thing I can't seem to do is to control volume parameters for the instruments within Keystage. Has to be done in AUM.

• @LeesKeys said:
    Yes, that works. Thanks! I get lost easily when trying to set up AUM. Only thing I can't seem to do is to control volume parameters for the instruments within Keystage. Has to be done in AUM.

In AUM you go to settings > midi control > and learn the volume controls there.