Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mellowsound auv3

Comments

• But is it a AU as only 1 instance at a time !

• Nice! Bummer only one instance, but that's still better than just IAA.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    But is it a AU as only 1 instance at a time !

Could this me an IAP thing? From what I saw it's a free app with an IAP option...

• Why is it called a “sampler” in the app store description. Where is the sampler?
    16bit is not really “pro quality” though I do like my beats lofi

• it s a sampler because it’s using samples from the tapes on the Melotron

• @Samu said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Could this me an IAP thing? From what I saw it's a free app with an IAP option...

@Samu I brought the IAP when it first came out. Can see any extra ones.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    it s a sampler because it’s using samples from the tapes on the Melotron

But isnt sampler something that records samples? This plays back samples recorded elsewhere and is therefore sample player, not a sampler?

• edited May 2019

It's a big app, I'm guessing it's loading all samples in memory and if they let more than one instance run we would quickly hit the AUv3 memory limit

• I picked this one up some time ago. It's nice to see it as an AU.

@jipumarino said:
    It's a big app, I'm guessing it's loading all samples in memory and if they let more than one instance run we would quickly hit the AUv3 memory limit

That would be my guess too. It's a memory constrained system and it's probably best to be proactive about it somehow.

@ToMess said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    it s a sampler because it’s using samples from the tapes on the Melotron

But isnt sampler something that records samples? This plays back samples recorded elsewhere and is therefore sample player, not a sampler?

It's kinda more like a ROMpler, but common usage of the terms is all over the place.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@Daveypoo said:
    Nice! Bummer only one instance, but that's still better than just IAA.

I can load 2 ?? How can that be then? Just curious ...

• @Jurri
    Try opening the AU window of the 2nd instance.
    You’ll see.

• @CracklePot said:
    @Jurri
    Try opening the AU window of the 2nd instance.
    You’ll see.

Yes, indeed I didn’t try that..🤣Thanks for pointing it out to me

• edited May 2019

I deleted the post because I read back in the thread

• I didn't realize an AUv3 could limit its instance count.

• @syrupcore said:
    I didn't realize an AUv3 could limit its instance count.

I know others might disagree, but I’d actually prefer an instance limit for resource hungry auv3s if it would guarantee stability. Better 3 solid instances than 6 shaky ones.

• @syrupcore said:

Man, if Enso hears about this...

• @CracklePot said:

@syrupcore said:

Oof, it’s not you at all, it's other threads, but the various complaints against Audio Damage vs. iOS make me shake my head when I think about the ratio of the value AD has brought to the platform vs. the heat it takes for iOS limitations. I've never needed more than three instances of something (and even then there's freezing/bouncing). And people should just understand about the Enso limit and work around it like the semi-old days and do one track at a time. It's not the end of the world.

• @oat_phipps said:

@CracklePot said:

@syrupcore said:

Oof, it’s not you at all, it's other threads, but the various complaints against Audio Damage vs. iOS make me shake my head when I think about the ratio of the value AD has brought to the platform vs. the heat it takes for iOS limitations. I've never needed more than three instances of something (and even then there's freezing/bouncing). And people should just understand about the Enso limit and work around it like the semi-old days and do one track at a time. It's not the end of the world.

I just use one instance and hand it off to Loopy when I want to change it up but keep what I have going. Hardly ever gives me any problems.
    And I concur, AD has brought great stuff to iOS.

• @CracklePot said:

@oat_phipps said:

@CracklePot said:

@syrupcore said:

I just use one instance and hand it off to Loopy when I want to change it up but keep what I have going. Hardly ever gives me any problems.
    And I concur, AD has brought great stuff to iOS.

Well, it seems there's no conflict here. What ever are we to do now? :p

• New update, now AU is no more limited to one instance 😊

• Yes! I love this thing!

• anyone else notice this uses a lot of cpu, even when idle?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oups sounds rather sexy in French

• I get about 15-20% on my Air2, one instance.