Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is there an app for this (playing WAV or FLAC files from an iPad that has a volume slider)?

edited December 2019 in Other
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• @JonathanMac said:
    Recently, I was asked to arrange some short Christmas carol excerpts as filler music for a local church play. Songs are done, so now I want to transfer them to the requesters iPad so he can play them during scene changes, and fade one of the songs in and out (volume slider).

I Airdropped them to his iPad, and he is on iOS 12, so he saved the WAV files in the Pages app folder. No way to create your own folder in iOS 12 Files app. But I think there is no volume slider to fade in/out in iOS 12 Files app.

Is there an app that will play WAV/FLAC/MP3 or whatever format music file, that has a volume slider, that is not a total PITA to Airdrop the WAV files to? I would just like to Airdrop the WAV files from my iPad to his iPad to an app that will play them.

Music app will work, but no computer to transfer to iTunes and then to Music app.

I thought FLACbox or VOX would work but can get the WAV files from Airdrop to those apps.

Audioshare seems like it would work, but no volume slider.

Any ideas? Hope I'm not missing something super obvious!
    Thanks!!!

A combination of Nanostudio 2 and Readdle Documents comes into mind.
    Documents as a WebDAV client, Nanostudio 2 as a WebDAV server and Nanostudio's Slate sampler to launch up to 32 different audio clips with adjustable volume, fade-in and fade-out.

• @rs2000 said:

@JonathanMac said:
    Recently, I was asked to arrange some short Christmas carol excerpts as filler music for a local church play. Songs are done, so now I want to transfer them to the requesters iPad so he can play them during scene changes, and fade one of the songs in and out (volume slider).

I Airdropped them to his iPad, and he is on iOS 12, so he saved the WAV files in the Pages app folder. No way to create your own folder in iOS 12 Files app. But I think there is no volume slider to fade in/out in iOS 12 Files app.

Is there an app that will play WAV/FLAC/MP3 or whatever format music file, that has a volume slider, that is not a total PITA to Airdrop the WAV files to? I would just like to Airdrop the WAV files from my iPad to his iPad to an app that will play them.

Music app will work, but no computer to transfer to iTunes and then to Music app.

I thought FLACbox or VOX would work but can get the WAV files from Airdrop to those apps.

Thanks!!!

A combination of Nanostudio 2 and Readdle Documents comes into mind.
    Documents as a WebDAV client, Nanostudio 2 as a WebDAV server and Nanostudio's Slate sampler to launch up to 32 different audio clips with adjustable volume, fade-in and fade-out.

Another option is the Ampify Launchpad app that you can import your loops via AirDrop if you buy the $3 Audio import IAP.

• edited December 2019

@JonathanMac said:

I thought FLACbox or VOX would work but can’t get the WAV files from Airdrop to those apps.

Thanks!!!

Use the recording function in AudioShare. Choose File Player instead of Microphone. You don’t have to record, just use it to play the current chosen file and it has a fader.

• AUM has good file sharing guts and its file players would certainly do the trick for playback and volume control. ApeMatrix is a little cheaper but may be a little more complicated for someone just trying to do a few cues for a church play.

Maybe one of the gajillion "DJ" apps would fit the bill? https://www.igeeksblog.com/best-dj-apps-for-iphone-and-ipad/

Or what about Garageband? Load all of the cues into different tracks starting at zero and then use the Solo buttons + Volume sliders to control everything? Once the cue is finished and faded out, hit rewind/stop and get the next one ready to go.

• edited December 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @JonathanMac talk about hiding in plain sight! I never tapped that icon once in all the time I’ve had AS! 🤣

• The user and all related content has been deleted.