Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apple Pencil - not working - am I missing something?

Hi - hoping you can advise a pencil newbie here - got new Pencil 1 from Amazon. Paired with iPad Pro 10.5 2017 no problem. Battery is 100%. Isn’t it supposed to ‘just work’ ? Nothing happens when I try to move icons, or write in notes. I thought maybe screen protector was culprit, so tried it with Pro 12.9 2017, which has none. Same thing. Everything looks good but nothing happens.

Did I get a dud? Thanks!

Comments

• @Crawlingwind said:
    Hi - hoping you can advise a pencil newbie here - got new Pencil 1 from Amazon. Paired with iPad Pro 10.5 2017 no problem. Battery is 100%. Isn’t it supposed to ‘just work’ ? Nothing happens when I try to move icons, or write in notes. I thought maybe screen protector was culprit, so tried it with Pro 12.9 2017, which has none. Same thing. Everything looks good but nothing happens.

Did I get a dud? Thanks!

Did you connect via Bluetooth?

• Yes. Paired via Bluetooth no problem.

@anickt said:

@Crawlingwind said:

Did I get a dud? Thanks!

• @Crawlingwind said:
    Yes. Paired via Bluetooth no problem.

@anickt said:

@Crawlingwind said:

Did I get a dud? Thanks!

Are you using the correct end? :D Sorry! I got a new one myself and once I paired it it was fine with everything I tried. May be defective.

• Have you tried pluggin it into your iPad, then unplugging it and then using it?

• Have you tried to sharpen your pencil better?

• Did that also. First thing I tried.

@Zaubrer said:
    Have you tried pluggin it into your iPad, then unplugging it and then using it?

• Strange indeed. Maybe something‘s off with the tip? Do you have the additional one included?

Otherwise I would assume it‘s broken

• Maybe the tip is a little loose? Try to tighten it by turning...(happened to me before- )

• Last time I used it, it didn’t work, then an hard reset did the job done.

• just connect it for a while to ipad using lighning connector .. just few seconds, then disconnect and try it ..

• The newer pencil wont work on older ipad pros FYI

• edited December 2019

@[Deleted User] said:
    The newer pencil wont work on older ipad pros FYI

But the new one doesn't plug in, either.

Have you tried going into Bluetooth and forgetting the device?

• Yes, I’m aware. I just got off the phone with Apple support, and they have determined it is a hardware issue. I have to get a replacement via Amazon. Thanks for the replies, folks!

@[Deleted User] said:

• @Crawlingwind said:
    Yes, I’m aware. I just got off the phone with Apple support, and they have determined it is a hardware issue. I have to get a replacement via Amazon. Thanks for the replies, folks!

@[Deleted User] said:

At least getting a replacement from Amazon is pretty painless. Good luck with the new one!

• edited December 2019

@Crawlingwind said:

Did I get a dud? Thanks!

Did you resolve this! If not, I just had the same problem... but luckily fixed it quickly.

Just read above that you were returning. If you haven’t returned yet, or if anyone else has this problem... make sure the nib at the drawing in is screwed in all the way. Mine had become slightly loosened, so I tightened it and started working fine. The nibs are replaceable so the screw into the end. If it loosens slightly, it won’t work.

• I tried that also. No love.

@skiphunt said:

@Crawlingwind said:

Did I get a dud? Thanks!

Did you resolve this! If not, I just had the same problem... but luckily fixed it quickly.

Just read above that you were returning. If you haven’t returned yet, or if anyone else has this problem... make sure the nib at the drawing in is screwed in all the way. Mine had become slightly loosened, so I tightened it and started working fine. The nibs are replaceable so the screw into the end. If it loosens slightly, it won’t work.