Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best Gadget IAP/Korg Synth for bass?

I’m looking to buy something on sale. I’ll leave it open ended for general usefulness on the forum but I’m specific looking for deep/subby synth bass, with some mid bass ability.

(The built in stuff is actually quite good at it so a bit of GAS/AAS but hey)

Comments

• edited December 2019

I really love Memphis/iMS20 for deep bass sounds (and for leads too...)

• Memphis (MS-20), Lexington (ARP) and Pompei (Mono/Poly). I do not own Lisbon, but that might be also a good choice.

• I used to use Chiangmai for subby sounds since it was about the only Gadget that has a sine wave. But I also love Pompei for really out-there basses.

• Good lord, look no further than Dublin!

• Save your GAS for other stuff.
    Whatever I needed in bass, I've almost got it every time from Dublin and Chiangmai as an add-on bass harmonics generator. Nothing else needed IMHO, except you want real sharp curring industrial basses, then a wavetable synth like GR-16 or Electribe Wave is great.

If I had to satisfy my GAS lust again, I'd go for Stockholm every time. And dive into REX world.

• edited December 2019

Dublin is amazing in fact but Berlin needs a little love too. However If you need a Rage Against The Machine style slap bass, Madrid has you covered.b

• Madrid.
    Madrid.
    Madrid.

Hell, I wish that they would release Madrid as a stand-alone app so that I would never have to deal with Gadget. Needless to say, Gadget and I do not get on like a house afire.