Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Quantiloop rhythm and drum presets

Hello,

Warning, newbie alert!

I am moving from a hardware based looping setup (Boomerang / Beatbuddy) to an iOS setup. I gig in a duo that has been looping for around 3 years, around 120+ shows a year.

I am having a little bit of trouble understanding the following with regards to Quantiloop and inter-app drum programs as the rhythm.

If I use the Lumbeat soft kit, for example, as an inter-app rhythm and save the preset in QL, when I reload the preset it only plays whatever the active preset is not the one I saved with the patch.

Am I missing something here? I have AUM and AB....will those help my cause?

Ultimately this is what I would like to do:

iPad #1 runs Onsong...Sends a midi message when I select a song in the setlist through my audio/midi interface to iPad #2 which selects the song in QL and the associated drum inter-app rhythm.

I have tried just importing audio as the rhythm and it works, however, with drum programs like Lumbeat, Drum Perfect Pro etc....I lose the human feel options that occurs in real time.

Any information is appreciated. Is there a better way to do this??????
Rick

Comments

• edited December 2019

Lumbeat and an iRig blueboard would make a good emulation of your beat buddy....

• edited December 2019

@RickFior said:
    Hello,

Warning, newbie alert!

I am moving from a hardware based looping setup (Boomerang / Beatbuddy) to an iOS setup. I gig in a duo that has been looping for around 3 years, around 120+ shows a year.

I am having a little bit of trouble understanding the following with regards to Quantiloop and inter-app drum programs as the rhythm.

If I use the Lumbeat soft kit, for example, as an inter-app rhythm and save the preset in QL, when I reload the preset it only plays whatever the active preset is not the one I saved with the patch.

iPad #1 runs Onsong...Sends a midi message when I select a song in the setlist through my audio/midi interface to iPad #2 which selects the song in QL and the associated drum inter-app rhythm.

I have tried just importing audio as the rhythm and it works, however, with drum programs like Lumbeat, Drum Perfect Pro etc....I lose the human feel options that occurs in real time.

Rick

If I understand you well, you'd need to use AB to save both the QL and Soft drummer presets as part of an AB saved state preset.
    That is if both QL and Lumbeat support state saving in Audiobus.

That's the thing with InterApp audio standard, no way to recall presets from hosts (which is what your trying to do with QL now) out of the box. The standard was established by AB and it's called state saving.

AUV3 resolves this, but neither of these are a AUV3 plugin.

Hope this helped,
    B

• edited December 2019

Double post

• @RickFior said:
    Hello,

Warning, newbie alert!

Rick

Standalone apps (IAA) don't provide state-saving. Quantiloop has no way to launch a LUMBeat app with the setup that app had when your QL preset was created.

Some IAA apps implement AudioBus state-saving (but not LUMBeat apps) that allows Audiobus to recall their state when an Audiobus preset is opened.

• Thanks all for the replies. That is quite unfortunate. I appreciate the information. I guess I'll continue down the path I was going which is to create a drum loop and import it into QL as the rhythm. This works, however, it loses out on some of the humanize factor Lumbeat and others provide.

Thanks everyone.

• edited May 2021

Having this problem, I discovered: Clicking record in Qantiloop, than going to Softdrummer, starting the track, stopping it (by hand still in Softdrummer after the number of bars you have set in Quantiloop) on the next "one" of your number of bars, delivers the track directly in Quantiloop. Not perfect, but kind of working 😊