Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NS2 - all IAPs 70% sale

just in case somebody didn't noticed...

Comments

• Thanks gave me a chance to pick up a couple

• @dendy Does NS2 have Program change or Midi Learn yet? I bought the app on release which was a year ago. Just wondering if I've missed news of them being included in an update. I'd like to integrate it into my workflow but it's hard without these features.

• @SpookyZoo unfortunately program change not yet .. on other side Midi Learn is there from day one, so not sure which midi learn exactly do you mean ??

• @dendy said:
    @SpookyZoo unfortunately program change not yet .. on other side Midi Learn is there from day one, so not sure which midi learn exactly do you mean ??

I know you're on the Beta group and likely signed to a NDA, but are you able to say if Program Change is being discussed? Matt asked me a year ago for suggestions on it's implementation and I heard nothing back after.

Yes the Midi Learn feature net is so small, it doesn't even include Solo or Mutes for the Mixer. Ideally we'd have Midi Learn available for a whole host more parameters than atm. There's so many but we're given Midi Learn for just 8 Macros.

Hoping these come soon though. Cheers for quick reply.

• I did buy some IAPs though. :)

• edited December 2019

I know you're on the Beta group and likely signed to a NDA, but are you able to say if Program Change is being discussed?

definitely yes... it's just that there was / is still something more important :( but many people requested this so i hope sooner or later it will make it's way on top of queue... just cannot give you any deadlines, cause i don't know :(

• If you have NS2 and put off getting these IAPs, now is the time! Especially the Acoustic ones. One of my latest WIP tracks has this full orchestral intro. Worth it at full price, and even more worth it at a discount.

• @dendy said:

I know you're on the Beta group and likely signed to a NDA, but are you able to say if Program Change is being discussed?

definitely yes... it's just that there was / is still something more important :( but many people requested this so i hope sooner or later it will make it's way on top of queue... just cannot give you any deadlines, cause i don't know :(

Cheers @dendy

• edited December 2019

Again....whether the kit is your native genre or not...ALL OF THESE ARE MUST HAVE!!!

• edited December 2019

How do the orchestral samples compare to those in, say, BeatHawk?

EDIT: just listened to the demos so answered my own question

• @TimRussell said:

What was your conclusion? :)

• I'd say that listening to the audio examples on
    https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/iap/
    will give you a quite few hints to decide whether the samples are your style.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@TimRussell said:

I can live without them

• @SpookyZoo said:

@dendy said:

Cheers @dendy

Also on the beta team and you know me well enough to know I'll never stop requesting/suggesting PCs. :+1: But yeah, like Dendy said, there are just lots of other things on the ol' TODO list that are currently higher priority (relative to the most popular use cases/user requests).

PS. Happily, Matt is too chill for anything like an NDAs—just an unspoken "please don't be a dick" type thing.

• @syrupcore said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@dendy said:

Cheers @dendy

Also on the beta team and you know me well enough to know I'll never stop requesting/suggesting PCs. :+1: But yeah, like Dendy said, there are just lots of other things on the ol' TODO list that are currently higher priority (relative to the most popular use cases/user requests).

PS. Happily, Matt is too chill for anything like an NDAs—just an unspoken "please don't be a dick" type thing.

Hey Will. Hope you’re well.

I’m positive that midi requests are in good hands with you on the Beta team. :)

I know Audio Tracks are probably (quite rightly) top of the list.

It’s just.........oh well, next year maybe. 🤞

• That is a smashing deal on the IAPs.

For those who don't know, @StevePAL of Platinum Audiolab was the head chef on these sound packs and is also the genius behind the "Nanostudio University" video tutorials on Youtube.

If you're currently geeking out on NS2/Obsidian, the packs offer more than a good collection of usable patches—I learned a massive amount about Obsidian's capabilities by deconstructing Steve's work. /2-semi-biased-cents.

• I stupidly bought NS2 a week before black friday but made sure to jump on all these packs today at discount. I'm a preset guy so I'm happy to have many more to choose from. Just picked up a new iPad on black friday which is letting me run a lot more AU instruments in NS2 then my old iPad would but more and more I'm finding that Obsidian can do everything I want without needing all of the AU synths I've acquired over the years

• @syrupcore said:
    I learned a massive amount about Obsidian's capabilities by deconstructing Steve's work.

Me too...lots and lots of knowledge sitting behind the veil of those presets

• @TimRussell said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@TimRussell said:

I can live without them

Orchestral samples native to Obsidian for 4 dollars both IAP’s is too much?

• @drez said:

@TimRussell said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@TimRussell said:

I can live without them

😆

Don’t forget you can also use SynthJacker to prepare samples of many iOS synths and also hardware that work great in Obsidian.

• @anickt said:

@drez said:

@TimRussell said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@TimRussell said:

I can live without them

😆

Don’t forget you can also use SynthJacker to prepare samples of many iOS synths and also hardware that work great in Obsidian.

Absolutely, and the dream is to have Obsidian full of all of your/my favourite sounds and ready to go at the drop of a hat.

It takes time, though. Sampling, trimming, setting loop points, importing, setting envelopes, filters etc. Maybe you won’t bother for certain sounds that you’d be happy to find there? These packs aren’t perfect for my use but they do seem to offer excellent value. I bought all of them today.

• Damn it, I was done spending money on Black Friday sales.

• @ahallam said:
    Damn it, I was done spending money on Black Friday sales.

I feel you brother

• I bought all of them too, broke my self imposed spending limit, but geez what a bargain!

• @colonel_mustard said:

@anickt said:

@drez said:

@TimRussell said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@TimRussell said:

I can live without them

😆

Absolutely, and the dream is to have Obsidian full of all of your/my favourite sounds and ready to go at the drop of a hat.

It takes time, though. Sampling, trimming, setting loop points, importing, setting envelopes, filters etc. Maybe you won’t bother for certain sounds that you’d be happy to find there? These packs aren’t perfect for my use but they do seem to offer excellent value. I bought all of them today.

That’s right and what set of presets, sample pack, etc. doesn’t have a few duds. I find a lot of useful stuff in the NS2 IAP’s.

• I'm not a HUGE fan of the IAPs but definitely worth this sale for sure

• @rs2000 made some really great electric piano patches available on Patchstorage ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) free

• @animalelder said:
    @rs2000 made some really great electric piano patches available on Patchstorage ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) free

@rs2000 or anyone: I can't seem to use the EPs and MS202 samples I downloaded from patchstorage in obsidian; I'm sure it's a user error. Would it be too much to ask for a step by step instructions on what to do after downloading?

Thanks so much,
    B