Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beyond Drambo ! What do you want to see in 2020?

So where is iOS, iPad OS music making going in 2020 what do musicians want to see?

What new apps do we need as musicians, AU loopers, New DAW, missing effects, Melodyne copycat ?

Improvements to AU maybe AUv4, midi 2, can AU integration be improved or have we know reached the sweet spot?

More Big Players coming into the game dare I say Ableton Live in some form ?

Roland bringing it virtual instruments to Zenbeats. Soundtoys, NI coming onboard ?
Who’s next to test the waters.

IOS IPad OS MAC OS merging, project Marzipan how will this effect the musical landscape on our devices.

iPad Pro 2020 will Apple finally bring out a device without problems, 44,48Hz issues, screen spots, throttling issues. They seem to have cracked it with the 16inch MBP. New LED displays, A14X processor.

What improvements, innovations would you like to see in our music world on Apple devices in 2020 and beyond?

Comments

• Love to see AUM with built in audio looper and midi looper. That's it.

• I'm surprised there's not a melodyne type app yet. Definitely a big void to fill there.

Fingers crossed audio tracks and auv3 fx automation NS2.

Would like to see more progress on Reason Compact.

Have no desire to do any of this on a desktop anymore but will be interesting to see the bleed over between iOS/iPad OS/Mac OS.

• My gut tells me we'll see an app price hike with 2-5 tiers up the ladder and more 'Big Players' entering the arena hopefully without the subscription plague...

• @Samu said:
    My gut tells me we'll see an app price hike with 2-5 tiers up the ladder and more 'Big Players' entering the arena hopefully without the subscription plague...

@Samu Yes I wouldn’t complain about that to get some more of the big players in now Fab Filter, ToneBoosters and Eventide have made the jump proper in 2019. Don’t midi buying less but paying more for quality over quantity!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • A bit of movement from Steinberg for Cubasis! @LFS

• @d4d0ug said:

• NS2 audio tracks, fx automation.
    • Modstep2 (won’t hold my breath)
    • More development of Auditor (fx hosting would be cool)

Yes, yes and yes.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@Samu Yes I wouldn’t complain about that to get some more of the big players in now Fab Filter, ToneBoosters and Eventide have made the jump proper in 2019. Don’t midi buying less but paying more for quality over quantity!

Yeah, this year I've tried to keep a leash (it's still well bellow $1000 this year as far as I know) but sure I've fallen for the Eventide, FabFilter, ToneBoosters and a few others but managed to at least partially stay away from impulse day-one purchases...

The year ain't over yet and I know I'll get a few apps before it ends :)
    (Bit Boy Studio from SidTracker 64 developer is a no-brainer for me).

• edited December 2019

NS2 - audio tracks, fx automation, AU parameter learn for setting up macros or just more direct AU automation.

Synthmaster One - IAPs

BM3 - continued life and prosperity

As far as general trends go I don't sense any dramatic shifts in the landscape. Some big existing software or hardware company weighed down by bureaucratic BS and corporate red tape will enter with a closed garden boring box free to pray app that never gets any real updates?

• Loopy PRO? (with AUv3 and midi looping of course)

• Apple announces AUv4, deprecates AUv3, removes all ports and kills 64 bit apps?

• @AudioGus said:
    Apple announces AUv4, deprecates AUv3, removes all ports and kills 64 bit apps?

Easy, Satan...

• I feel that I have everything, so .... Something that I don't know yet that I need !

• @icsleepers said:

@AudioGus said:
    Apple announces AUv4, deprecates AUv3, removes all ports and kills 64 bit apps?

Easy, Satan...

• A REX file player without the need of Gadget in AUv3 format. And Korg...make Recycle for IpadOS!

• @ajmiller said:
    A bit of movement from Steinberg for Cubasis! @LFS

This, audiotracks for NS2, Mitosynth (not gonna happen, I know) and iWavestation as AUv3...

• Something close to Novation Summit

• p.s...and a dedicated hardware midi controller for Drambo :) > @Sergiu said:

Something close to Novation Summit

• ability to play audio files in ape matrix.

Audio files, au3 automation, track freezing, au3 midi editing in ns2.

Something new from apesoft/amazing noises.

A good physical modeling synth.

The eventide stuff has been amazing so far. Vallhalladsp release some reverbs.

Loopy pro finally launches

• NS2 audio tracks
    • Loopy Pro
    • Groovebox extended performance stem recording
    • More Korg AUv3s
    • Pure Acid AUv3
    • Xequence with AUv3 hosting
  • The best things are the things you didn’t know you needed until you see them.

• @brambos said:
    The best things are the things you didn’t know you needed until you see them.

Yeah, without the wait - but the happy anticipation is also often glorious ;)

• There's something beyond Drambo? If so, I'd like NS2 to get full capabilities, as others have commented, or, and this is a huge wish, a bona fide DAW which replicates a desktop DAW to a larger extent than is currently available, e.g. a fuller Cubase (better than Cubasis), Logic, or whatever else. I'd be happy to pay for it.

• A more stable and bug free iPad/iOS for music makers
    Less icing more cake

• AU clip launcher with midi in would be nice. AU sample manager where I can preview sounds would also be very nice

• R_2R_2
    edited December 2019

Full fledged sampler in KORG Gadget - two layers, with multimode filter, ADSR envs, LFOs, good FX, etc.

• @brambos said:
    The best things are the things you didn’t know you needed until you see them.

So true.

• Albums made in iPad by people from the forum, haha

• @raimundoarriagada said:
    Albums made in iPad by people from the forum, haha

Yeah my hope is more people share their music here. I enjoy hearing the creations of the community and also their workflows to get there. It’s inspiring.

• @R_2 said:
    Full fledged sampler in KORG Gadget - two layers, with multimode filter, ADSR envs, LFOs, good FX, etc.

+1 for that!
    Korg has been doing touch-screen samplers for very long time and their latest iteration in the Kronos is pretty nice.
    A new app based on the HD-1 engine from the Kronos would be a real boon.
    (This could 'merge' iM1, iWaveStation and Module for starters).

As for other Gadget features, bring it closer to Ableton Live with time-line and clip-launching and warp-able audio tracks :)