Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Dmitry Klochkov is looking for beta testers for his new app

Comments

• edited December 2019

https://tunemaker.app/

Looks on initial opening a lot of fun.

This could be the next generation sequencer @echoopera

Has AU host support and midi out.

• This is clever! Right out of the box it can do some nice stuff. Wish it had swing... Feature request!

• @Jumpercollins said:
    https://tunemaker.app/

Looks on initial opening a lot of fun.

Yes and it's an Auv3 host 😊

• Anyone managed to send midi out from this to say AUM ?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Anyone managed to send midi out from this to say AUM ?

Yes it works fine, I loaded FM Tines in AUM and set My instrument in tunemaker up to midi out/AUM and selected channel 1
    In AUM I selected AUM destination channel 1 as input to FM Tines

• But I have no money left... There's this, allegedly some drum/modular synth that I don't believe in, a convolution reverb. I mean come on people...

• This Dev is amazing. Created one of my fav apps Chordflow...seems he’s bested his finest work with this. Not much for testing but I look forward to downloading this launch day to support.

Appears to be closest thing to Captain Chords on iOS which is amazing on desktop.

• @White said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Anyone managed to send midi out from this to say AUM ?

Yes it works fine, I loaded FM Tines in AUM and set My instrument in tunemaker up to midi out/AUM and selected channel 1
    In AUM I selected AUM destination channel 1 as input to FM Tines

Ok will try that wasn’t getting any channels in for some reason probably a finger problem!

• Does it act as a proper AU host as in showing the AU module I’m not seeing what I select?

• Does it support more 'out there' chords such as Gmaj+2 or G9Su2 - and that kind of thing? Or even just allow you to define your chords?

• looks like a winner, this will be an instabuy for me. :)

• @Jumpercollins wow. This looks amazing.

• Had a crash sending out to KLEVGR Tines report sent.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Does it act as a proper AU host as in showing the AU module I’m not seeing what I select?

Yes, it's not completely intuitive. In the Mixer, select a Melody (for instance). At the top you'll see Internal, MIDI out, and AU Extention (sic). Click on the latter. Return to the main mixer screen and click on the knob in the lower right of the "card" for the melody you just chose the AU for and it should show you an option to open the AU interface or choose presets.

• I can see the appeal for a lot of people, but for me it's another app I won't buy because it's a host rather than an AU itself where it'd be more useful because I could then combine it and build into my regular workflow.

• I like this. It's an ideas generator. This will be an instabuy for me.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Does it act as a proper AU host as in showing the AU module I’m not seeing what I select?

Yes, it's not completely intuitive. In the Mixer, select a Melody (for instance). At the top you'll see Internal, MIDI out, and AU Extention (sic). Click on the latter. Return to the main mixer screen and click on the knob in the lower right of the "card" for the melody you just chose the AU for and it should show you an option to open the AU interface or choose presets.

Cheers @lukesleepwalker Got Yer .

• The drum kit has a lot in it under full.

• Just noted a nice detail: in the piano roll, you can tap on the numbered bars at the top to zoom in on just those sections. Lots of really well thought-out design touches here.

• Really easy to have fun, I'm afraid I'll have to take this as soon as it comes out... 😏
    Try selecting the bass synth... instant crash here, three times in a row.

• Early days yet but it’s very crashy atm

• Interesting. I played for an hour and didn't get a single crash. So goes beta tests!

I think this will make a very good "iPhone capture ideas while the wife is taking forever in the fitting room" tool. Works nicely on small screen.

• This works on the iphone... instabuy.

• edited December 2019

So far this app is phenomenal. I love seeing how he’s built it up based on past success with his previous apps.

So far this seems like a really nice midi sequencer for iOS. Definitely going to push on this a lot more during this beta phase. 👊🏼™️

Going to use it to sequence my new little microfreak.

• Building on the "iPhone whilst waiting for the wife" use case--anything I create on my iPhone is available on my iPad (and vice versa). Pretty slick.

• Can anyone confirm that "copy/paste" works in the piano roll on your end?

• “Copy” seems to be “move” from what I can tell. Unless I am missing something. I was working on an arpeggio.

I sent some feedback.

• does it have midi import?

• Damn this is pretty cool so far

• edited December 2019

@lukesleepwalker looks like the fix is in for copy and paste. Or should I say copy drag the + sign to paste!