Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Request new Mozaic Scripts *HERE*

Comments

• McDMcD
    edited November 2019

REQUEST FOR SCRIPT (RFS): Tap Tempo Tool.

Does BPM have standardization in the world of AUv3 MIDI apps?

or does each developer optionally decide to expose this as a Parameter for the DAW to manipulate (or allow MIDI learn to get mapped)?

I'd like to request a Mozaic script that uses "Tap Tempo" to change BPM (either through a DAW) or optionally in something like the new "Pure Acid" IAA/AB3 app. It doesn't have to be Pure Acid. A script to change AUM's BPM could be helpful, for example. I know it has that feature but showing me the code would teach me a lot I'd like to understand.

No hurry. Even some tips would help.

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

@McD said:
    REQUEST FOR SCRIPT (RFS): Tap Tempo Tool.

Does BPM have standardization in the world of AUv3 MIDI apps?

or does each developer optionally decide to expose this as a Parameter for the DAW to manipulate (or allow MIDI learn to get mapped)?

I'd like to request a Mozaic script that uses "Tap Tempo" to change BPM (either through a DAW) or optionally in something like the new "Pure Acid" IAA/AB3 app. It doesn't have to be Pure Acid. A script to change AUM's BPM could be helpful, for example. I know it has that feature but showing me the code would teach me a lot I'd like to understand.

No hurry. Even some tips would help.

Sorry man, not possible. AU apps can't change the tempo of the host, and Mozaic doesn't send midi clock.

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

Oh wait. So you're saying, send midi, such as a note to AUM to set the tempo?

That's actually couldn't be easier. Just set up a drum pad to send a midi message such as a note note when you tap it, then route that note to MIDI Control, and register the midi message in the tap tempo function. That would only work for AUM and if you can find any other apps that support midi learn for tap tempo.

I don't see the point with AUM though since you can just tap on ... the tap button. No need for Mozaic for that.

• @wim said:
    Oh wait. So you're saying, send midi, such as a note to AUM to set the tempo?

That's actually couldn't be easier. Just set up a drum pad to send a midi message such as a note note when you tap it, then route that note to MIDI Control, and register the midi message in the tap tempo function. That would only work for AUM and if you can find any other apps that support midi learn for tap tempo.

I don't see the point with AUM though since you can just tap on ... the tap button. No need for Mozaic for that.

My ask was triggered by @samu writing that he'd like to get Tap Tempo in Pure Acid. I thought there might be a workaround in a Mozaic script but it makes sense that AUv3 FX follow the Hosts clock and BPM settings.

Pure Acid in release version is AB3 and IAA only I think but you make it clear it was a question that needed a short tutorial on Host v. AU/IAA/AB/Midi consumer.

Very helpful drill on fundamentals, Thx.

• @Skyblazer said:
    I'm nearly finished with the code for the microtonal script, requested by @palms .

Just a side note: The ScaleGen app by Gestrument is available at a reduced price atm, that might be a good way to create scales for it?
    https://apps.apple.com/de/app/scalegen/id908056629?l=en

• edited November 2019

@rs2000 said:

@Skyblazer said:
    I'm nearly finished with the code for the microtonal script, requested by @palms .

Just a side note: The ScaleGen app by Gestrument is available at a reduced price atm, that might be a good way to create scales for it?
    https://apps.apple.com/de/app/scalegen/id908056629?l=en

I found scalegen to be inadequate for my own uses. It rounds off to the nearest cent. Cents are an arbitrary division of an arbitrary division (semitone) of the octave, and it turns out that if you're making music in just intonation, you can't get very far working in whole cents. You can't even get a perfect fifth (3/2) in scalegen without it being slightly out of tune. FIner resolution is needed.

Might seem like a minor quibble, but for what I'm going for. But a good analogy would be a sequencer that doesn't keep a good clock. It becomes very difficult to use with other gear.

It's why I've pushed for the adoption of Audiokit's Tune-up. It would solve the whole problem if more developers took the care to implement it.

• New request: I think this should be possible. Currently there is no choke mode in Koala. Can someone script a mozaic program that will latch onto a single note played, then send a note on for any new note incoming, while also sending note off for the previous latched note? This would effectively choke one shot samples, from my understanding.

Any additional functionality on top of this would be great. I thought a latch function and a Poly to midi signal would do the trick (audioveek latch and polythemus) but I don’t think it handles note off in the correct way.

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

@bcrichards said:
    New request: I think this should be possible. Currently there is no choke mode in Koala. Can someone script a mozaic program that will latch onto a single note played, then send a note on for any new note incoming, while also sending note off for the previous latched note? This would effectively choke one shot samples, from my understanding.

Any additional functionality on top of this would be great. I thought a latch function and a Poly to midi signal would do the trick (audioveek latch and polythemus) but I don’t think it handles note off in the correct way.

I don’t think sending a note off would stop a one-shot sample playing. That would only stop a non one-shot. One-shots play through to the end of the sample regardless of note length.

That could work for samples not set to one-shot I guess. They’d still play through the release time though. You’d always have to do the triggering from outside the app, not from the internal pads.

• @wim said:

@bcrichards said:
    New request: I think this should be possible. Currently there is no choke mode in Koala. Can someone script a mozaic program that will latch onto a single note played, then send a note on for any new note incoming, while also sending note off for the previous latched note? This would effectively choke one shot samples, from my understanding.

I don’t think sending a note off would stop a one-shot sample playing. That would only stop a non one-shot. One-shots play through to the end of the sample regardless of note length.

That could work for samples not set to one-shot I guess. They’d still play through the release time though. You’d always have to do the triggering from outside the app, not from the internal pads.

Maybe that's what I was missing with this...all samples in Koala should be set to Hold with 0 release, and the note off will cut them off. Thanks Wim. Will report back.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Just got hold of a Behringer X-touch mini. Quite a nice handy, portable and cheap, ipad friendly midi controller. Could be the basis of some good scripts. Has 8 endless rotaries with 2 layers and led feedback + 16 backlit buttons and the rotaries are buttons too, with one slider. Would be ideal for sequencer scripts as it has LED feedback. :)

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

@d4d0ug said:
    Maybe there’s a script out there already, but I haven’t come across it.....

I’m a guitarist and use a looper pedal (TC Electronics ditto X4). My looper pedal syncs to midi so that if I send it a CC trigger just before or ‘on’ the beat where I want my loop to start / stop it syncs to the beat.

I’d like a script which can receive a ‘CC trigger’ anywhere in a bar, and send it as a trigger at the beginning of the next bar. I.e. like clip launching.

Hope that makes sense! Anyone help in this department?

That sounds wry easy to do. Do you have the trigger defined, or would it need to be something you could set on the fly?

You might also want to check out: https://patchstorage.com/scenic-sequencer/ to see if it would already meet this need.

• @d4d0ug said:

@wim said:

@d4d0ug said:
    Maybe there’s a script out there already, but I haven’t come across it.....

I’m a guitarist and use a looper pedal (TC Electronics ditto X4). My looper pedal syncs to midi so that if I send it a CC trigger just before or ‘on’ the beat where I want my loop to start / stop it syncs to the beat.

I’d like a script which can receive a ‘CC trigger’ anywhere in a bar, and send it as a trigger at the beginning of the next bar. I.e. like clip launching.

Hope that makes sense! Anyone help in this department?

That sounds wry easy to do. Do you have the trigger defined, or would it need to be something you could set on the fly?

You might also want to check out: https://patchstorage.com/scenic-sequencer/ to see if it would already meet this need.

It’s a specific CC value to trigger the looper to start / stop.

I’ll have a look at the patch you mentioned.

If you'd like to let me know the specifics either here or via PM, I'll do up a script for you.

• I have a request for a Mozaic Script.

In Ableton Live, I love the Random device. I'd love to have something like this on iOS via Mozaic.

Here's a nice write up of the Device:
    https://obedia.com/how-to-use-the-random-midi-effect-in-ableton-live/

• @echoopera said:
    I have a request for a Mozaic Script.

In Ableton Live, I love the Random device. I'd love to have something like this on iOS via Mozaic.

That looks like a good easy one.
    You can do the same (and much, much more) with Cality.

• @wim said:

@echoopera said:

True...but it’s not quite the same. The Random device in Live is a lot more straight forward in its workflow. Cality is nice, but it’s not quite the same.

• Here’s my contribution to microtonal/scales.

• edited December 2019

Greetings Mozaicans, so I picked up Mozaic in the sales with the main aim of re-routing cc info that the Octatrack outputs with midi scenes. I'm a complete illiterate at programming, never tried it except for very basic stuff in Midi Fire. I've read and reread the manual and figured out how to go about writing a script for the basics, but after that it gets complex!

Scenes on the Octatrack enable gliding or switching between 16 sets of values using Scene select buttons A and B and a crossfader (switch by holding down either of the Scene Select buttons and selecting another of the 16 scenes via a sequencer step trigger). This is for the audio tracks

On the Midi side, the OT scene controls output the following:

Scene Select A: CC55 (values 0-15)
    Scene Select B: CC56 (values 0-15)

Crossfader: CC48 (values 0-127)

I can figure out how to rechannel the values.

But, how to glide between the values in the two selected scene slots? I guess this involves arrays etc.
    What would be the most efficient way to set up to 6 controller channels rerouting the OT midi each with 16 values?

Maybe someone with programming skills has attempted something like this?
    Any tips / advice would be much welcome! I like the idea of the challenge of attempting this... OTOH, I studied languages and looking at the Mozaic manual and what I want to do, it feels like in this new language I'm attempting to give quite complicated directions to someone when I can barely pronounce the alphabet, let alone get the syntax (word order) correct!

BTW, It's possible a script / patch for this may also be useful very useful for Drambo as it will have scenes with crossfader based on the OT!

• @echoopera said:

@wim said:

@echoopera said:

True...but it’s not quite the same. The Random device in Live is a lot more straight forward in its workflow. Cality is nice, but it’s not quite the same.

I took the bait and am making this. One question though. It seems to me like having an option to quantize the output to a scale would be handy. Or does that detract from the simple elegance of it?

• @wim said:

@echoopera said:

@wim said:

@echoopera said:

I took the bait and am making this. One question though. It seems to me like having an option to quantize the output to a scale would be handy. Or does that detract from the simple elegance of it?

That would be a bonus to add into yeah. I figured I’d just toss a BramBos Scale from Rozeta to anchor everything down.

• @wim said:

@echoopera said:

@wim said:

@echoopera said:

The Ableton version does have scale quantize, if I understand your question correctly?

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@wim said:

@echoopera said:

@wim said:

@echoopera said:

The Ableton version does have scale quantize, if I understand your question correctly?

Well, as far as I know, only if you add a Scale device after the Random device in the fx chain.

• edited December 2019

@echoopera said:

@echoopera

I wrote a script called Random! that was inspired by the Ableton Live device.

https://patchstorage.com/random-2/

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

@lukesleepwalker said:

@wim said:

@echoopera said:

@wim said:

@echoopera said:

The “Scale” knob doesn’t mean scale quantize in that plugin. That’s what I assumed at first, but it has to do with the range of notes possible.

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

@Bryan said:

@echoopera said:

@echoopera

Nice! I thought I remembered something like that, but didn’t find it in my first look. Cool. I’ll finish mine for my own entertainment but don’t plan to upload it. I hate overlap. B)

• @wim said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@wim said:

@echoopera said:

@wim said:

@echoopera said:

The “Scale” knob doesn’t mean scale quantize in that plugin. That’s what I assumed at first, but it has to do with the range of notes possible.

Ah, just had a look on ye olde laptop and you and @echoopera are correct. And it also reminded me of the similarities with Cality!

• @wim

My script has a lot of extra stuff (bloat), so I’d say there’s room for a simpler, straight clone of the Live device.

• @Bryan said:

@echoopera said:

@echoopera

Awesome. I will check it out. 👊🏼™️

Thanks @wim for taking it on 🙏🏼💕