Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthMaster Player broken on iPhone?

I was using SynthMaster Player in NS2 just yesterday on my iPhone, and this morning the project won’t open/play the SM player plugin. When I try to launch the app as a stand alone, it just closes and quits. I don’t see any recent updates.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• Stand alone works fine on my XS Max, IOS 13.2.3

• Maybe I need to install a system update.

• edited November 2019

System update doesn’t make the app work on my phone. And app isn’t working on my iPad Pro, either.

• edited November 2019

Confirmed.

SM Player crashes at startup on iPad OS 13.2.3, iPad 2018.

Hard reboot,same issue. Reinstall, works but when I register and restore purchases it crashes at startup again.

Server issue as with Synthmaster One a while ago? As I recall SM One needed to connect to a server and when the server went down, the app crashed. The issue was fixed but since SMP hasn’t been updated in a while the fix might not have been implemented?

Just a guess since the issue seems to be connected to registration and restore, at least for me.

• My forming hypothesis was that it was probably a server issue in the dev side. Hopefully he saw my support ticket from his site and can fix it over the weekend. I’m trying to finish a project this weekend and I’m dead in the water with SM Player not loading into my NS2 project.

• edited November 2019

@peanut_gallery said:
    My forming hypothesis was that it was probably a server issue in the dev side. Hopefully he saw my support ticket from his site and can fix it over the weekend. I’m trying to finish a project this weekend and I’m dead in the water with SM Player not loading into my NS2 project.

Sorry to hear. Just posted about the issue in the FB group. Bulent & Co are usually pretty fast when taking care of issues though😊.

• Hello, can you please send us some crash logs? You can send the logs to our company email, [email protected]

The log files are located at settings ->privacy->analytics->analytics data , please send a few of the recent files starting with SMPlayer.

Thank you very much

• @lbiyikoglu said:
    Hello, can you please send us some crash logs? You can send the logs to our company email, [email protected]

The log files are located at settings ->privacy->analytics->analytics data , please send a few of the recent files starting with SMPlayer.

Thank you very much

Sent.

• @DMfan said:

@lbiyikoglu said:
    Hello, can you please send us some crash logs? You can send the logs to our company email, [email protected]

Thank you very much

Sent.

Thank you, I'll check it

• @DMfan said:
    Confirmed.

SM Player crashes at startup on iPad OS 13.2.3, iPad 2018.

Hard reboot,same issue. Reinstall, works but when I register and restore purchases it crashes at startup again.

Server issue as with Synthmaster One a while ago? As I recall SM One needed to connect to a server and when the server went down, the app crashed. The issue was fixed but since SMP hasn’t been updated in a while the fix might not have been implemented?

Just a guess since the issue seems to be connected to registration and restore, at least for me.

Exactly the same here. Worked flawless all afternoon, 'til late evening! SynthMaster One works well. But SMP is what I need.
    Greetings

• Dear friends, we are very sorry for this issue. We fixed it (temporarily) and will provide a more solid bugfix in the following days. If you are encountering a crash right when the app is opened, please reinstall it.

• If I delete it and reinstall it do I lose all my favorites? I’d hate to have to go back and find them all.

• @lbiyikoglu said:
    Dear friends, we are very sorry for this issue. We fixed it (temporarily) and will provide a more solid bugfix in the following days. If you are encountering a crash right when the app is opened, please reinstall it.

Thank You and all the crowd! It works again!

• @peanut_gallery said:
    If I delete it and reinstall it do I lose all my favorites? I’d hate to have to go back and find them all.

Lost mine. Fortunately didn’t have many yet. At least it’s working again.

• There’s an offload/reinstall feature under memory usage in settings that preserves data/user files.

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    There’s an offload/reinstall feature under memory usage in settings that preserves data/user files.

Why didn’t I think of that? Would’ve saved my 2 favorites. I’ll never find them again! 😆

• edited December 2019

@anickt said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:
    There’s an offload/reinstall feature under memory usage in settings that preserves data/user files.

Why didn’t I think of that? Would’ve saved my 2 favorites. I’ll never find them again! 😆

You can export/backup your presets from Save > iCloud menu to google drive, dropbox, etc. These files are very tiny like 9 KB each as presets are just data - not samples. You can restore them after reinstall. Also, if you used your presets in hosts like Cubasis, they get stored in projects and you can re-save from there too into SM1

• I'm having an issue with SM Player in iphone in AUM where I can't scroll the presets. Sometimes if I resize the window I can scroll again but often they're stuck. Seems like the search box is over the presets so maybe that's affecting it.

• edited December 2019

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

Is this in the app itself or in the iDevice settings? I can't get into the app itself to do any exports. Oh nevermind. Found it!

• So offloading the app apparently also offloads the bug (in my case). When I offload and re-install, the app still crashes on start-up. Barring a bug-fixing update, it looks like I may need to spend an hour combing through presets again to mark my favorites.