Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New App - PolyPhase - Beta is open - not mine but seems very cool -

Comments

• @mekohler

Awesome update. I really like the parameter value pop up that appears when you tweak a setting. It makes things much easier. I also like how the Scale notes are getting highlighted in the note filtering area.

Still have to setup some midi control and try out that new feature. That is surely going to rock.

• By default, the internal CC sequencing is set up to control Track Chance and Transpose. If you view the advanced track properties (wrench icon) and enable those CC's, you can start modulating that immediately.

• edited March 2019

There will be hot fix later this week:

• Added option "MIDI Purge With Note-Offs" to deal with analog synths that can't handle 128 note-offs during a MIDI Purge

MIDI Purge is done when stopping the sequencer or using Panic.

I noticed that my Analog Four would glitch out during either of these, and apparently it can't handle the amount of note-offs sent. It does however, respond to the CCs for "All Notes Off" / "All Sounds Off". Some iOS DAWS, however, do NOT respond to these CC's...So, this toggle which is ON by default, will help deal with this. If you have an A4 or some other synth which glitches out, you should disable it.

• Update Out:

• Added Custom Scales
    • Added option "MIDI Purge With Note-Offs" to deal with synths that can't handle 128 Note-Offs sent during a MIDI Purge
    • Added option "Automatically Dim UI"
    • Added option "Preserve Structure" under each Track's Advanced Settings
    • Improved Randomization
    • UI Updates

• @mekohler said:
    Update Out:

• Added Custom Scales
    • Added option "MIDI Purge With Note-Offs" to deal with synths that can't handle 128 Note-Offs sent during a MIDI Purge
    • Improved Randomization
    • UI Updates

Swu-eee-t

• @mekohler said:
    Update Out:

• Added Custom Scales
    • Improved Randomization
    • UI Updates

Awesome!
    Thank you.
    B)

• Update Out:

• Added option "Follows Master" for each Track
    • Added option "Constant Note" for each Track. This is useful to sequence external drums.
    • Each Track now has it's own option to output repeated MIDI notes
    • Added a toggle in the Load view to recall the last saved / loaded Preset Name

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hello All
    Just wondering if anyone else is having strange problems when using polyphase with cubasis 2?
    It just randomly stops receiving midi notes :(
    I am also getting strange stutters with recording.
    Polyphase works well with korg gadget 2 and also AUM, just cubasis 2 I am having problems with.

• Are you using Cubasis to send clock to PolyPhase? From what I have googled and experienced, Cubasis has unstable MIDI Clock, especially when in loop mode.

• "How does the midi learn work? I’m missing something...\n"> @mekohler said:

Update Out:

• Added option "Constant Note" for each Track. This is useful to sequence external drums.

Can you give a use case for this? I’m not quite groking how this would work.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    "How does the midi learn work? I’m missing something...\n"> @mekohler said:

Update Out:

Can you give a use case for this? I’m not quite groking how this would work.

Most drum sound sources expect a single MIDI note to trigger the sound (C1, for example)...In that case you don't want to be sending it anything other than that C1, else it won't trigger.

• Holiday Sale until Monday night :#

• @mekohler said:
    Holiday Sale until Monday night :#

Coolio, do you think you will add ableton link start/stop? Since the app is IAA

• edited November 2019

@mekohler said:

I dont think the sale has propagated everywhere yet.

• @AudioGus said:

@mekohler said:

I dont think the sale has propagated everywhere yet.

It's up on my end, but it may take another hour or so for it to show in all regions.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@mekohler said:

Yeah, I am going to revisit the app this winter for updates.

• Cool its a wonderful app

• @[Deleted User] said:
    Cool its a wonderful app

Really enjoyed the beta and it has been on my midi list for a while...

• edited November 2019

@AudioGus said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    Cool its a wonderful app

Really enjoyed the beta and it has been on my midi list for a while...

Yep you can literally leave the thing on and chill doing nothing. I love all the features and the way the GUI looks.

• Definitely worth having - one of my go-to apps.

• Cool, looks like the sale is in Canada now so added to my cyber list... may just head out to walmart for some uhhhh... kleenex and uhhh, socks... yah thats it.

• @mekohler said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@mekohler said:

Yeah, I am going to revisit the app this winter for updates.

That's really good news, the app is great

• Any chance of getting AUV3 now that AudioKit has been updated?

• @Zjenji said:
    Any chance of getting AUV3 now that AudioKit has been updated?

I don't see any info regarding AUV3 and AudioKit...the biggest hold back is the UI...AFAIK, AU plugins are expected to have scalable / resizable UI's. The PolyPhase UI is designed for the entire screen and doesn't really work well in a smaller window :\

• What about just cropping the GUI. So no redesigning is needed... basically the GUI is always the same size but you just scroll through it WHEN it’s not in full screened AU mode?!? Makes sense?! Boy I wish I was a native speaker 🙈

• Just cram it in there as AU and I’ll use it every day! 😉

(It’s the parameter automation and multi instance state saving I’m really after. The UI can take a dent OK 🙂).

• Yeah, would use it a lot more if it was an AU. Because I'd use it in conjunction with other midi AU .

• Update Out:
    - Added option to latch the Global Transpose
    - Added option to specify the Global Transpose delta
    - Long-Pressing the BPM will now allow you to manually enter a value
    - The Help Menu has been replaced with a downloadable PDF to prevent audio lag
    - Removed ability to assign CC 120 or CC 123 to the CC Tracks or MIDI Control, as these are used for MIDI Panic
    - Added more functions to the MIDI Control section "Fn"
    - Minor UI Changes