Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria Pro midi export question

Never mind. Figured this out.

I have a midi track I want to export. I select the track, go to the Menu, then select "export midi file". I don't get an error message so I assume the operation was sucessful, but I don't know where the file is located. I want to import the file into Notion.

So, where does that file reside? Does the file contain just the track I've selected or data from all midi tracks?

Comments

• @LeesKeys said:
    Never mind. Figured this out.

I have a midi track I want to export. I select the track, go to the Menu, then select "export midi file". I don't get an error message so I assume the operation was sucessful, but I don't know where the file is located. I want to import the file into Notion.

So, where does that file reside? Does the file contain just the track I've selected or data from all midi tracks?

The midi file gets put on the Auria Pro folder which is visible Files app. If I recall, it exports the project's midi not just a single track's.

• I was able to export the midi file but that created it's own problems:
    1. It seems to export every midi track, not just the one I'm interested in
    2. If I import the midi file into another DAW, the timeline and each midi track seem to go onto infinity. If I try to select the tracks, split them and delete the blank portions, it overwhelms the DAW which crashes.

Surely it's possible to limit the length of an Auria project, and to export just one track?

• @LeesKeys said:
    I was able to export the midi file but that created it's own problems:
    1. It seems to export every midi track, not just the one I'm interested in
    2. If I import the midi file into another DAW, the timeline and each midi track seem to go onto infinity. If I try to select the tracks, split them and delete the blank portions, it overwhelms the DAW which crashes.

Surely it's possible to limit the length of an Auria project, and to export just one track?

I don't think Auria provides the option to export just a single track. You could copy the project and delete all the tracks you don't want to export.

What app did you import into? I haven't had problems importing Auria's exported MIDI.

• edited December 2019

Importing into Windows Mixcraft 9. I can delete the unwanted tracks, but can't shorten or split the remaining track, which is at least 4000 measures. Perhaps I'll post on the Mixcraft forum

• @LeesKeys said:
    Importing into Windows Mixcraft 9. I can delete the unwanted tracks, but can't shorten or split the remaining track, which is at least 4000 measures. Perhaps I'll post on the Mixcraft forum

I have exported many MIDI files from Auria Pro and opened them in Xequence and other apps and never had a problem like that. Maybe try importing into another app and re-exporting?

• edited December 2019

I'm not sure what's going on here. I tried importing the file into Windows Reaper. It only imported one track, which was shorter than the length of track recorded in the Auria project. I know we are talking different operating systems, but a midi file is a midi file.

There are some vst's in Windows I really like which aren't available in IOS, but this is probably more trouble than it's worth.

• @LeesKeys said:
    I'm not sure what's going on here. I tried importing the file into Windows Reaper. It only imported one track, which was shorter than the length of track recorded in the Auria project. I know we are talking different operating systems, but a midi file is a midi file.

There are some vst's in Windows I really like which aren't available in IOS, but this is probably more trouble than it's worth.

Have you only tried exporting anything besides that one project to see if you have the same problem with other projects?

Have you contacted Auria Pro's support?

Do you have any apps on your iOS that read midi files?

You could post your exported midi to see if people have problems with it.

I haven't had issues with the MIDI export but maybe there is something about the particular project that is relevant.

It is strange that the same file imports so differently in two apps.