Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Spring Reverb AU?

Hi everyone! Longtime lurker, first time poster. :)

Are there any AU apps that have a good spring reverb setting? I kind of like the spring reverb in the iVCS3 app but was maybe looking for something with a little more “drip” or “boing.”

Are there any convulsion reverb AUs?

Based on some demos I kind of like the sound of Reverb FDN — does that have some good spring presets?

I already have AUFX:Space (not AU as of yet), AltiSpace (not AU yet), AudioReverb (no spring settings), and Mobile Convolution Reverb (not AU).

Comments

• edited April 2018

• I don't know of one. Would love to see one that allowed for midi note or CC input to 'hit' the unit to trigger the sprong sound. Velocity or CC value to set the intensity. By itself, that could just be a sample in any old app but the sound itself changes with velocity on the real deal. Plus, doing it while a sound is going through it is different. Guess it would have to be modeled and considering app pricing, might not be worth the effort.

• a (convincing) spring is very difficult to model, but good springs don't have much of this 'boing' side effect, in very good ones (AKG BX reverbs) it's completely absent.
    The general reverb character is met quite well by the 63 Reverb in JamUp/BiasFX, but it leaves out the boing completely. The spring in tonestack is an acoustic pain imh ears.

• Auria Pro has (built into Auria Pro) a PSP Springvetb2 plugin(not AU) which is good for King Tubby spring boing sound FX. Used that a lot when I was making Dub tracks at the time. :)

• IVCS3 has a basic spring reverb as a part of its AUv3 suite

• edited April 2018

I love tonestack so much but their spring reverb is terrible. The other pedals including the rotary ones sound spectacular. Their pitch shift is still the best (polyphonic) real time effect I can find on ios nothing else touches it. But yeah. Their spring sounds like a boinging sample being triggered over and over again

I don't know what Jim yonac was thinking with that one

Good news is that tonestack is gonna be AU eventually. The developers said they're gonna do Galileo for desktop first then big tonestack update

• edited April 2018

Don't any of the virtual guitar amp/cabinet AUs have a convolution reverb on board?
    Can't Audiobus be used to bridge between IAA and AU?

• Re-bumping this thread in the hopes that I might’ve missed an existing iOS spring ‘verb that’s not been mentioned above(?)

As the OP mentioned “drip and boing” are key desires.

• Rooms! Convolution AU with the right impulse might work. iFX Rack has two, both pretty good in different ways. I’m not sure if I like the IAP one or the included one better. Not sure about their sproinginess though - I haven’t used them that much.

• @Proppa said:
    Re-bumping this thread in the hopes that I might’ve missed an existing iOS spring ‘verb that’s not been mentioned above(?)

As the OP mentioned “drip and boing” are key desires.

The iFx AU from @GospelMusicians has a spring reverb. The Rooms AU is a convolution reverb and I think there are some free spring reverb IRs to be found if you hunt for them.

• @theartwebreathe said:
    IVCS3 has a basic spring reverb as a part of its AUv3 suite

yes, i like this one a lot.. basic but there are 6 different types including a good Impulse IR one an Feedbackdelay network one and some hybrids and parametric ones.. i think i use the IR one most.. Rooms! also good..

• Xtra big Thanks for those suggestions gents

• I use the tonestack one a lot

• Sorry just read more carefully the first thread doh!

• Thanks again all and thanks @dblonde for the pic-specifics - appreciated!

• Have any good spring reverbs appeared in the last year? I love spring reverb, and it’s my preferred kind for both guitar, and as a send effect for any project.

• @mistercharlie said:
    Have any good spring reverbs appeared in the last year? I love spring reverb, and it’s my preferred kind for both guitar, and as a send effect for any project.

IFX rack has one that’s pretty good. I use it with my guitar all the time since it has so many other effects with it

• I’ve used ToneStack some nice I can remember but I agree, it doesn’t seem to change or interact much with the signal, it is quite repetitive.

Apparently the physical boxes can be made quite cheaply/easily.

• Tone stack is a bit too heavy just for a reverb.

@supadom I have more than one spring reverb pedal!

• @supadom I have more than one spring reverb pedal!

Do you mean actual spring? The digital ones don't generally sound that great especially if you need that dubby drip. But yes, you're right, having one you can put in an effect slot is much more practical. I'm following this thread closely.

• @syrupcore said:
    I don't know of one. Would love to see one that allowed for midi note or CC input to 'hit' the unit to trigger the sprong sound. Velocity or CC value to set the intensity. By itself, that could just be a sample in any old app but the sound itself changes with velocity on the real deal. Plus, doing it while a sound is going through it is different. Guess it would have to be modeled and considering app pricing, might not be worth the effort.

Sounds like a project for Drambo testers! Beyond my skill set but @Max23?

• The Boss FRV-1 pedal inserts a slight sprong ever now and then...
    While it's got a nice sound, this feature is a major annoyance even in very short usage.
    (each 'sprong' is exactly the same and you start to wait for when it will struck next...) o:)

• edited January 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You could also get IMPULSation and then download the hundreds of free Spring Reverb impulses already available online. It also loads long reverbs and short cabs.

• The iVCS3 spring reverb has a few different algorithms as well so you can get different sounds. I've used it for a dub-like track and it sounds great.

• @Daveypoo said:
    The iVCS3 spring reverb has a few different algorithms as well so you can get different sounds. I've used it for a dub-like track and it sounds great.

Good point! I already forgot that one. Got too many apps already 😂

• edited January 2020

@supadom said:

@supadom I have more than one spring reverb pedal!

Do you mean actual spring? The digital ones don't generally sound that great especially if you need that dubby drip. But yes, you're right, having one you can put in an effect slot is much more practical. I'm following this thread closely.

I have a Hall of Fame, which is pretty good, and an Eventide H9, which has an amazing spring. And I also have an amp with a real spring reverb indie.

I’ll check iVCS3. EDIT: no I won’t! I don’t need a whole synth just for the reverb.