Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Arturia MicroFreak

Comments

• @[Deleted User] said:

@knewspeak said:

@knewspeak said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@knewspeak said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@knewspeak said:

@knewspeak said:
    Fingers crossed le freak should arrive today.

Anyone had any problems with the Microfreak, the lowest D note works then stops until I switch it off, then on again, also seems a problem with pressure or lack of.

Is your MF running lastest firmware.

Yes I believe it is, 1.1.2.390

Hmmmm, are you using the power supply or usb? Worth trying both as a test. I not heard of this issue.

I’m using the power supply, I think it is caused when changing patches, either by holding a note, whilst changing or it’s a certain patch that causes it, I have it working normally now, but earlier it repeatedly kept losing the bottom D note.

I’ve tried to recreate the above steps, but now it seems impossible to cause the problem, strange, I’m puzzled.

Well, lets hope it stays good 👍

Hope so too, because I am really enjoying this ‘little’ wonder synth.

• How many of you are using the Freak mainly dry? Or is everyone running it through effects right away too?

I've really been eyeing this one, but I'm afraid that without some effects on it at all times I'll get a bit bored of the raw sound. Sort of like how I did with the 0-Coast.

• @Tarekith said:
    How many of you are using the Freak mainly dry? Or is everyone running it through effects right away too?

I've really been eyeing this one, but I'm afraid that without some effects on it at all times I'll get a bit bored of the raw sound. Sort of like how I did with the 0-Coast.

FX make it shine, mainly a reverb.

• So far dry, but I’m still lost in presets and mainly tinkering around. Loving this synth!

• Looks like the new firmware update isn't too far away, arturia state its not finished yet but it should be soon. I'm hoping it might be released this year.😬

• @[Deleted User] said:
    Looks like the new firmware update isn't too far away, arturia state its not finished yet but it should be soon. I'm hoping it might be released this year.😬

Yeah, hope they'll add some new oscillator types too and fix some bugs too ;)
    I'd be happy if the freak remembered that last used patch when turning it on for starters...
    (I keep track of the Arturia forum but it's not super active just a few posts per day or so and mostly repeating previous requests).

• I'm loving the Microfreak too, really easy to design patches on, is there a way to recall user patches via PC with bank select?
    I've got it working with PC up to patch 127 but haven't gone further, hoping it's possible with bank select.
    Hopefully there will be a Mozaic Program Change script soon to recall user presets after number 165 or whenever they begin...

• @Samu said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    Looks like the new firmware update isn't too far away, arturia state its not finished yet but it should be soon. I'm hoping it might be released this year.😬

Yeah, hope they'll add some new oscillator types too and fix some bugs too ;)
    I'd be happy if the freak remembered that last used patch when turning it on for starters...
    (I keep track of the Arturia forum but it's not super active just a few posts per day or so and mostly repeating previous requests).

Yep, i hope the forum can be reset after the update, like you said its the same requests over and over. The big one i like is for the cycling ENV to have sync function and for the velocity data to be transferred from the arp to the sequencer when stored.

• @[Deleted User] said:

Yep, i hope the forum can be reset after the update, like you said its the same requests over and over. The big one i like is for the cycling ENV to have sync function and for the velocity data to be transferred from the arp to the sequencer when stored.

I'd love to see a Bi/Uni-Polar switch for the LFO in the settings as well as control for start-phase when key-sync is used with 'on panel' way to enable/disable the LFO key-sync and control the LFO start-phase. (I got a positive reply on this after I sent my initial mail to Arturia and it was apparently being considered for implementation already).

More oscillator types and a way to change the wave-tables (without patching the firmware) would be nice too.

But yeah, if they drop something before christmas I'll be happy :)

• Just joined the club...loving it so far. Can’t wait to pair it with iOS

• @echoopera said:
    Just joined the club...loving it so far. Can’t wait to pair it with iOS

Congrats! I love mine :)
    (If all goes well Arturia should drop a new Firmware update for it before end if this year).

• @Samu said:

@echoopera said:
    Just joined the club...loving it so far. Can’t wait to pair it with iOS ![]

(If all goes well Arturia should drop a new Firmware update for it before end if this year).

Welcome to the club :smiley:

• @Samu said:

@echoopera said:
    Just joined the club...loving it so far. Can’t wait to pair it with iOS

Does it play nicely with iOS, then? Wages have just been paid, and I'm planning on getting MicroFreak or similar. Probably MicroFreak, though. First ever hardware synth, so looking forward to it. Do I recall correctly that I'll also need an audio interface to use this with iOS?

• edited November 2019

I just got a used MicroFreak two days ago. Haven't really done anything productive with it yet, but I've been having a lot of fun just creating weird sounds. The cycling envelope (and flexible mod matrix to attach it to different parameters) is super unique and cool.

@audio_DT You will need an audio interface since it doesn't support audio over USB. I haven't actually connected my MicroFreak to my iPad yet, but the usual way to connect a synth like this is both by USB and via the audio interface. USB gives you MIDI to/from the iPad, and audio obviously gets the sound into the iPad.

• @audio_DT said:

Does it play nicely with iOS, then? Wages have just been paid, and I'm planning on getting MicroFreak or similar. Probably MicroFreak, though. First ever hardware synth, so looking forward to it. Do I recall correctly that I'll also need an audio interface to use this with iOS?

From what I've seen it works nicely. I use it as a synth/controller with AUM, it's connected all the time.

• edited November 2019

@Samu said:

@audio_DT said:

From what I've seen it works nicely. I use it as a synth/controller with AUM, it's connected all the time.

Thanks. Yeah, I forgot that it can also be a controller. Will I need to get an audio interface straightaway, or can I use it with the iPad right off the bat (using iPad Pro 2018)? Edit: ignore @walkie kindly replied.

• @walkie said:
    I just got a used MicroFreak two days ago. Haven't really done anything productive with it yet, but I've been having a lot of fun just creating weird sounds. The cycling envelope (and flexible mod matrix to attach it to different parameters) is super unique and cool.

@audio_DT You will need an audio interface since it doesn't support audio over USB. I haven't actually connected my MicroFreak to my iPad yet, but the usual way to connect a synth like this is both by USB and via the audio interface. USB gives you MIDI to/from the iPad, and audio obviously gets the sound into the iPad.

Thanks for the heads up. I got lots of sound advice on audio interfaces, so I guess I'll have to buy one of those first, too. Bugger!

• Also in the club since last week...Didn't have the time to dig yet, but I love it :)

• Had a chance to use the MicrFreak with NanoStudio2 and Electribe Wave. So far i am loving this synth.

• @echoopera said:
    Had a chance to use the MicrFreak with NanoStudio2 and Electribe Wave. So far i am loving this synth.

Pure joy! :)

• @echoopera said:
    Had a chance to use the MicrFreak with NanoStudio2 and Electribe Wave. So far i am loving this synth.

Sounds great man!
    I, too am a new freak owner and I love making patches on this machine. And then becoming one with the keypad makes me feel magic in the touchy sense..hehehe
    That matrix fun factor is endless as well, with all the cool oscillator types.

• Yeah the Microfreak is great, I think it has more potential too so i'm hoping another firmware update will unlock a bit more of it. :)

• edited December 2019

Lots and lots and lots of Loopy on this track.

Sat down this cold and wet November evening and fed some pads from the Microfreak into Loopy and played some live notes atop it during the recording session.

I think this is one of my favorite synths of what i own. Arturia has a Digital Classic on their hands if you ask me.

Here’s the track:

And here’s the view:

Many thanks in Advance for the listen 🙏🏼💕👊🏼™️

• edited December 2019

:+1: :+1: hypnotic ambient drone !!

Arturia has a Digital Classic on their hands if you ask me.

Hybrid !! Filter is analog ;) This is one of reasons why it sounds somgrest, combination of digital oscillators and analog filter is simply great (dsi evolver, shrurhi/ambika, or old good waldorf microwave I)

• VCA is also analogue when in mono mode

• Looking into this as my new setup and workflow. The MicroFreak is a great synth and midi controller and the Zoom H6 is a great mobile audio interface.

• This is starting to turn into a thing

• I> @Samu said:

@[Deleted User] said:

I'd love to see a Bi/Uni-Polar switch for the LFO in the settings as well as control for start-phase when key-sync is used with 'on panel' way to enable/disable the LFO key-sync and control the LFO start-phase. (I got a positive reply on this after I sent my initial mail to Arturia and it was apparently being considered for implementation already).

More oscillator types and a way to change the wave-tables (without patching the firmware) would be nice too.

But yeah, if they drop something before christmas I'll be happy :)

I bought a Microfreak recently and registered it a few days ago. So they sent me an email with a survey. I added all your suggestions in the comments section, hoping they will see there’s more of a demand for these features.
    I’m really impressed with the Microfreak. It offers a lot for the money. The extra features would be more than welcome here.

• Had some fun today at lunch with the MicroFreak and Modstep fed into AUM and a bunch of fx: