Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis question

Hi all,
This is kind of difficult to explain but I guess most people have faced this problem so hopefully you’ll understand what I mean. I have a midi 4 bar pattern. I want the last notes in the pattern to extend and end in the beginning of the pattern. So when I start playing the pattern the end notes will not be played but when the pattern loops the last notes will sustain when the pattern starts over again. Is this possible in cubasis?
Thanks

Comments

• As you build your song, program those notes into the next section’s beginning. Or copy those sections and glue them together and edit it those notes. This is how a song evolves from a loop.

• You could extend your clip to, say, 5 bars, but in the last bar only have the sustained note finish playing out.
    Then position the clips at 4 bar intervals, with a 1 bar overlap. The sustained note will play out, at least until it gets triggered again by the next clip.

• @fattigman said:
    Hi all,
    This is kind of difficult to explain but I guess most people have faced this problem so hopefully you’ll understand what I mean. I have a midi 4 bar pattern. I want the last notes in the pattern to extend and end in the beginning of the pattern. So when I start playing the pattern the end notes will not be played but when i pattern loops the last notes will sustain when the next loop starts. Is this possible in cubasis?
    Thanks

Xequence 2 does this by default.
    Other than that, it is common behavior in DAWs to send note offs when a looped section is about to restart.
    Nothing easy to do about it (although yes, this could/should be something configurable in every MIDI-capable DAW indeed).
    I don't even know a sensible workaround other than using Xequence 2...

• @fattigman said:
    @Jimmy @CracklePot @rs2000 thanks for the info

Thanks for asking this - it's something I've wondered about, too. It can be a bit annoying, I agree. Thanks everyone else for suggested workarounds - I'll try them 👍

• Can NS2 do this?

• @fattigman said:
    Can NS2 do this?

No. NS2 will always cut a note extending over the clip end, no matter if you loop it or if you play past the clip's end.

• My original answer assumed you need the Midi Notes to extend beyond the loop end, but if all the notes fit inside the looped clip, you could design your sound to have a long release time, or use a reverb to create the ringing out sustain/release. Then the Midi loop wouldn’t matter, since the trail is generated in the instrument or effect.

As for the new NS2 question...
    not sure.
    Sorry.

• edited November 2019

Xequence can do either, it's configurable per clip.

• Can NS2 do this? > @SevenSystems said:

@CracklePot said:
    My original answer assumed you need the Midi Notes to extend beyond the loop end, but if all the notes fit inside the looped clip, you could design your sound to have a long release time, or use a reverb to create the ringing out sustain/release. Then the Midi loop wouldn’t matter, since the trail is generated in the instrument or effect.

not sure.
    Sorry.

@CracklePot thanks
    @SevenSystems awesome. what auv3 host do you recommend to use with xequence for fast and easy workflow?

• edited November 2019

@fattigman said:
    Can NS2 do this? > @SevenSystems said:

@CracklePot said:
    My original answer assumed you need the Midi Notes to extend beyond the loop end, but if all the notes fit inside the looped clip, you could design your sound to have a long release time, or use a reverb to create the ringing out sustain/release. Then the Midi loop wouldn’t matter, since the trail is generated in the instrument or effect.

not sure.
    Sorry.

@CracklePot thanks
    @SevenSystems awesome. what auv3 host do you recommend to use with xequence for fast and easy workflow?

The standard answer would be AB3 or AUM 🙂