Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Flux AUv3 Plugin by 4Pockets.com

https://apps.apple.com/app/fid1488460522

Description:

Flux Liquid Audio is a real time multi-effects processor and sequencer designed to be used as an AUv3 plugin within your favourite DAW such as Cubasis, NanoStudio, BM3, AUM etc.

The plugin allows you to create patterns containing multiple effects which are triggered on beat boundaries. Patterns can be contuously looped or you can chain multiple patterns into a song. The advantage of this is that you can for instance add a delay to a particular vocal phrase rather than have a continuous delay effect on the entire vocal. You could add varying harmonies using the pitch effect or create gated stutter effects on specific parts of a string section.

A pattern can be 16 to 64 beats in length and can be run at one of two speeds, standard or fast which is great for gate type effects. You can create up to 24 patterns which can be automated in any order along with your host DAW's beat position.

An effect is added using nodes. A 'node' is layed on the timeline over one or more beats, each node has its own unique settings. The node divisions control varying aspects of the effects such as number of repeats, delay time, modulation speed etc. all perfectly synced to the beat using the node division buttons.

There are 7 effects in total, Filter, Repeat, Gate, Pan, Delay, Pitch and Tape Stop, all of which can be used at the same time.

Effects Descriptions:

The filter effect allows LP, HP, BandPass and Notch filters which have definable cutoff, resonance and modulation amount. Turn the modulation up to max to start generating random cutoff and resonance values.

The Repeat function was specifically designed for beat synced sources such as drum machines, allowing sections of the previous sub-beats to be repeated at varying speeds and lengths.

The Gate effect can be used to create holes in the sound and generate stutter patterns or fades. This effect allows definable attack and release for each individual node.

Pan allows automated panning at varying speeds, but you get to mix different panning modes and speeds at each step of the pattern.

Delay is a beat synced delay which allows you to create multiple delays with varying delay times within the same pattern allowing some nice cascading effects that are not possible from a single delay alone.

Pitch allows you to add independant left and right channel pitch shifting of up to +/- 12 semitones. 'Harmony' mode allows you to add vocal harmonies at specific sections of a song, while 'Glide' mode allows you to gradually transition from the current pitch to another.

Tape Stop is a great addition allowing you to simulate a tape recorder stopping and starting, as well as some interesting scratch, warble, bounce and elastic effects.

Features:

○7 great real time effects.
○Low CPU usage.
○Modulated LP, HP, BP and Notch Filters.
○Gate and Repeat effects.
○Regional Pan and Delay effects.
○Tape simulator effects.
○Mix multiple effects within a single pattern.
○Add harmonies to targetted sections of vocals.
○Patterns up to 64 beats in length.
○Create up to 24 patterns.
○256 steps per song.

Comments

• Is it similar to effectrix?

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Is it similar to effectrix?

Yes it seems very similar, but ui seems more useable on this

• i get a broken link

• Had a blow out using this with Sunrizer with some multi affects in AUM with the transport running. I changed the bpm from 120 to 20 sunrizer audio went mad !

• This looks great. Any chance of implementing triplets in note divisions section ? Effectrix hasn’t implemented this too well IMO.

• @supadom said:
    This looks great. Any chance of implementing triplets in note divisions section ? Effectrix hasn’t implemented this too well IMO.

Effectrix has swing, it has 4th and 8th triplets ... are you talking about missing 16th triplets?

• edited November 2019

@rs2000 said:

@supadom said:
    This looks great. Any chance of implementing triplets in note divisions section ? Effectrix hasn’t implemented this too well IMO.

Effectrix has swing, it has 4th and 8th triplets ... are you talking about missing 16th triplets?

No, I’m talking about the grid cells staying the same even if transport does triplet division. Maybe mathematically it all adds up but somehow my brain cannot relate and I’m struggling achieving stuff that’s in my head.

To me sequencer grid should divide to triplets .

• @supadom said:

@rs2000 said:

@supadom said:

No, I’m talking about the grid cells staying the same even if transport does triplet division. Maybe mathematically it all adds up but somehow my brain cannot relate and I’m struggling achieving stuff that’s in my head.

To me sequencer grid should divide to triplets .

Oh, that's true. We musicians shouldn't have to get too deep into logic and maths, although I bet @McD would suggest otherwise ;)

• Did a quick screen capture video of Flux in action, modulating Pure Acid. 🙂

• @haulin_notes Thank you for sharing it. I would like to get Flux, since it’s cool, but I would like it even more if the developer corrected the various bugs in the apps I had already taken from him.

• Hmm, only 7 FX? Not sure if it's worth it if I have Effectrix.

• @auxmux said:
    Hmm, only 7 FX? Not sure if it's worth it if I have Effectrix.

I agree that it doesn’t seem as powerful as Effectrix. But it’s universal, and Effectrix is not.

Copped.

• @auxmux said:

Yea, if the dev perhaps saw fit to add some more FX options (he definitely has the technology!) that would be nice. Maybe a master wet/dry knob. And for the individual fx, maybe colored sliders where the names are for specific wet/dry levels.... so they could be accessed quickly and simultaneously.

But, as it is now... a very useful, intuitive, and compact effect AUv3, imho. 👍

• So is worth if You already have effectrix? Is somehow different, except from being universal?

• @haulin_notes said:

@auxmux said:

Yea, if the dev perhaps saw fit to add some more FX options (he definitely has the technology!) that would be nice. Maybe a master wet/dry knob. And for the individual fx, maybe colored sliders where the names are for specific wet/dry levels.... so they could be accessed quickly and simultaneously.

i don’t have either but have thought about acquiring effectrix quite often. having ‘studied the form and rtfm .. there is fundamental differences.. Effectrix doesn’t have the Song capabilities like Flux , i like the idea of building a big chain of patterns in this ,, can’t find if the song will loop around though.. Effectrix can have the patterns triggered by midi notes.. which will be good in aum or apematrux but a bit of a nightmare in cubasis..
    All the loop fx in Effectrix look really great.. so that’s a win..
    Universal for Flux, that’s a win
    Effectrix being sugarbytes means nice quality fx ( judging by turnado )
    Flux allows each node of a track to have entirely different parameter set ups.. Effectrix: just 2 parameters automated within the pattern , not sure if you can choose a different 2 parameters for each pattern.

well... still can’t decide... may pick up flux as the cheaper and perhaps more ‘fine tunable’ option ... despite the smaller range of effects... unless sugarbytes pull a black friday on effectrix... or did they already??
    effectrix v flux shoot out anyone?

• @RockySmalls said:

@haulin_notes said:

@auxmux said:

i don’t have either but have thought about acquiring effectrix quite often. having ‘studied the form and rtfm .. there is fundamental differences.. Effectrix doesn’t have the Song capabilities like Flux , i like the idea of building a big chain of patterns in this ,, can’t find if the song will loop around though.. Effectrix can have the patterns triggered by midi notes.. which will be good in aum or apematrux but a bit of a nightmare in cubasis..
    Flux allows each node of a track to have entirely different parameter set ups.. Effectrix: just 2 parameters automated within the pattern , not sure if you can choose a different 2 parameters for each pattern.

well... still can’t decide... may pick up flux as the cheaper and perhaps more ‘fine tunable’ option ... despite the smaller range of effects... unless sugarbytes pull a black friday on effectrix... or did they already??

SB usually have a sale, it dropped to £8.99 last year look. I’ve always been a bit confused by the clock business, Flux seems a lot more straightforward. But...

• Working well so far, however there seems no way to loop back in a song. Do I need to programme in all the songs steps? The demo reel does not show this.

• @RockySmalls said:

@haulin_notes said:

@auxmux said:

With Effectrix you can use AU automation to switch patterns now (recent update) not just by sending notes so it should play better Cubasis. i tried it in BM3 and it worked well anyway.

• @rs2000 said:
    We musicians shouldn't have to get too deep into logic and maths, although I bet @McD would suggest otherwise ;)

You should only get deep into something that inspires you.

Personally, I love puzzles and especially one that can be solved using Logic and Math(s).

I will also assert (with expectations that YMMV) if you hang with some Maths types you'll find a really high level of musicianship. They see the mathematical patterns of music making and go crazy making cool audio.

Maths is like rock climbing without physical injury... that shit can fuck up your mind. People like that too, I think. Fucking with their minds. I took just enough Math to get a bachelors in engineering and then forgot 90% of it. Get one and the jobs pay a lot better even if you are a total fuck up. Word up. The voice of experience... learn some Maths. It's like body building for your brain. Hard work with a reward.

• @McD said:

@rs2000 said:
    We musicians shouldn't have to get too deep into logic and maths, although I bet @McD would suggest otherwise ;)

Personally, I love puzzles and especially one that can be solved using Logic and Math(s).

I will also assert (with expectations that YMMV) if you hang with some Maths types you'll find a really high level of musicianship. They see the mathematical patterns of music making and go crazy making cool audio.

Maths is like rock climbing without physical injury... that shit can fuck up your mind. People like that too, I think. Fucking with their minds. I took just enough Math to get a bachelors in engineering and then forgot 90% of it. Get one and the jobs pay a lot better even if you are a total fuck up. Word up. The voice of experience... learn some Maths. It's like body building for your brain. Hard work with a reward.

Don't know man. I keep hearing that music is maths but I prefer to see it from the 'the less you know the more you feel' perspective. I normally click with apps that have a super user friendly ui like samplr or loopy. I have and enjoy apps like sector or modstep but end up having most creative results with 'easy' apps.

I've attempted working with Aideonic apps but unavoidably end up asking myself why the hell am I spending time working with hexadecimal conversion tables instead of actually making music. l guess we're all a bit different.

• @McD said:

@rs2000 said:

On the other hand, in a number of cases, I’ve been inspired a lot more by a synth or effect once I’ve invested the time to really get into it deeply.

• @craftycurate said:
    On the other hand, in a number of cases, I’ve been inspired a lot more by a synth or effect once I’ve invested the time to really get into it deeply.

Yes but new apps keep coming out so finding that investment time is hard. There's a distinct possibility
    my credit card will be frozen after Black Friday and I will spend sometime in something.

• @AudioGus said:

@RockySmalls said:

@haulin_notes said:

@auxmux said:

With Effectrix you can use AU automation to switch patterns now (recent update) not just by sending notes so it should play better Cubasis. i tried it in BM3 and it worked well anyway.

ah! jolly good info to have. tanks.. that and the Monz’s ( aaaaayyyyyyyyy ) suspicion of SB sales imminent might lean me that way.... or split me like a cashew!

• To move this further away from Effectrix I would love to see some really different FX. Granular/reversed delay/wavefolder/spring reverb - that sort of thing.

Might be a huge amount of work of course but there are so many of these 4Pockets apps getting released so quickly that I am convinced they are being coded by AI anyway...

• Looks cool very much needs Reverb added to Effects though

• edited November 2019

@stormbeats said:
    Looks cool very much needs Reverb added to Effects though

@stormbeats said:

the ‘John Brunner’ of au coding Mr Paul4Pocket responded positively to my ( and, by proxy concensus this forums ) reasonably polite thoughts on what may or may not be missing from Flux au, with this....

“ I'm going to be rolling out a new version of FLUX in a couple of days with two new effects and a continuous song loop mode.

The effects will be a gated reverb and a bit crusher. I've done some quite interesting modulation on these effects using the Node Divisions that really do sound pretty good, especially on drums.

Feel free to spread the word...”

... and so, he did.

• @RockySmalls said:

@stormbeats said:

@stormbeats said:

the ‘John Brunner’ of au coding Mr Paul4Pocket responded positively to my ( and, by proxy concensus this forums ) reasonably polite thoughts on what may or may not be missing from Flux au, with this....

“ I'm going to be rolling out a new version of FLUX in a couple of days with two new effects and a continuous song loop mode.

The effects will be a gated reverb and a bit crusher. I've done some quite interesting modulation on these effects using the Node Divisions that really do sound pretty good, especially on drums.

Feel free to spread the word...”

... and so, he did.

Nice!

• Update is out

• @anickt said:
    Update is out

yikes Scooby! so ‘a couple of days’ is Pauls equivalent of less than 24 hours... i should ask to be his coffee supplier, clearly it would be ridiculously profitable.