Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove Rider GR-16 Released!

Comments

• We should eat that other pretender mega thread right up.

• Hehe, anyway... :smile:

I found a sort of a solution in section 8.4 in the manual!

• This is such a great app.. looking forward to AUv3 and Version 2.. so much of Pure Acid learnt can be adopted in V2.. Thanks

• @RajahP said:
    This is such a great app.. looking forward to AUv3 and Version 2.. so much of Pure Acid learnt can be adopted in V2.. Thanks

Version 2? I'm waiting for the Black Fridat price drop to grab this. Is it the case that a v2 is in development, meaning I should hold my horses?

• @audio_DT said:

@RajahP said:
    This is such a great app.. looking forward to AUv3 and Version 2.. so much of Pure Acid learnt can be adopted in V2.. Thanks

Version 2? I'm waiting for the Black Fridat price drop to grab this. Is it the case that a v2 is in development, meaning I should hold my horses?

Sorry, I am just requesting a version 2.. Great app as it is...

• @RajahP said:

@audio_DT said:

@RajahP said:

Sorry, I am just requesting a version 2.. Great app as it is...

No probs, thanks.

• Honestly, what would you add? This is my favorite app. Feels like a favorite pair of jeans to me.

• edited November 2019

@kinkujin said:
    Honestly, what would you add? This is my favorite app. Feels like a favorite pair of jeans to me.

Midi import, Auv3, Midi Export (Ableton midi too), Pure Acid’s Randomizer +scale thing.. Project Transpose to scale/Key.. Better Sample TimeStretch..

I’ll think some more..😎

Edit .. Channel 10 input for Drums (noticed it’s in PS.. did not try it out.. ).

• How about state saving in AUM?

• @Billewis said:
    How about state saving in AUM?

Not possible unfortunately. There’s no mechanism for that with IAA apps. It could be done in AudioBus though. Or if it went AU.

• @jimpavloff
    Is this app getting the AU treatment?

• @kinkujin said:
    Honestly, what would you add? This is my favorite app. Feels like a favorite pair of jeans to me.

@kinkujin in built sampler

• I just got this and yeah have to say I'm warming to it. I get the philosophy of not having a rabbit hole of sound design possibilities to get lost in, no need to hook this up to the labyrinth, that's missing the point, I get it. The way automation is handled is just brilliant. A day in I've kind of found the edges and then, then, like cinderella at midnight I put a long sample at the end of bar and change pattern.. WHY!! OH GOD NOOOOO... It's got Poly but it's only Poly if the notes are different pitches. A long sample retriggered before the end of sample will choke itself. OK mono behavior but it's poly.. I wouldn't mind sub folders for user samples, I wouldn't mind opening up the pads in edit mode for an alternative input to velocity, and maybe Stroke, but I can live without it. Stereo samples, well yeah but whatever, But this, and I'm ranting a bit but damn it's so nearly that good.
    I'm down with it but this one thing if there was one thing to add, please sort this out. Otherwise I'm happy to wait to the second incarnation, the ultimate edition, or maybe that's the next but one, anyway.

• I'm pretty sure GR-16 is fully baked at this point. I don't really expect any new features.

• edited December 2019

@jimpavloff

hy jim
    some feature requests

Are there any Plans of a full Poison synth in gr16, or more Parameters knobs in a 2 Sites View ?

More Oscilattors with Mix ,Tune, Detune ,Sync Fm-modulatuon Filteradsr and Wavetone knobs .Delay-mix -time,reverb size- pre-time.
    standart compressor , a real full 3band eq for every track.
    More User Soundpreset banks

Some other Requests:
    2.Programmchange function per track.
    3.Patternchange sends Parameterstate to Midi out .
    4. Copy all 16 track Groovetemplates to another Pattern
    4b. User Groovetemplates
    5. 16 individual Outputs for extern Mixing in Studiomux etc..
    6. Automation Curves templates and Relative Automation
    7.Induvidual track lenghs (16bar) for Automations.
    8.Stereo synth, fx and samples.
    9.Subgroups for Dynamik FX.

This would made GR16, to the best proffesionall Groovebox software all time .

NO JOKE , but i would bying this for 300 Dollar :

• edited December 2019

A last great request,
    when you have 2 parts with same midiout and midiin channel.
    then you can use 32 parameters and 8 notes simultan to extern synths,
    or recording 2 sounds in gr16 over midi in.

• @FrankfurtLyon said:
    A last great request,

This is easy to overcome outside GR-16. For instance, AUM can route more than one midi channel to an app so that it responds to all. Or, simple apps like mfxStrip can convert one midi channel to another.

If I understand you correctly, you can do this already with Settings > MIDI in Mode set to Poly.

• Oh geez! There are STILL changes being made to GR16?!

At one point the changes and updated manual versions were coming so regularly that I decided to just not use it at all until the construction dust settled.

I just tried to use it once again and am completely lost. Seems much has changed since the last time I played with it.

Who has the most recent demo/tutorial that’s relevant to the current version of GR?

I was going to check out the Electronisounds walkthrough videos on YT but they’re a year old now.

• @skiphunt said:
    Oh geez! There are STILL changes being made to GR16?!

At one point the changes and updated manual versions were coming so regularly that I decided to just not use it at all until the construction dust settled.

I just tried to use it once again and am completely lost. Seems much has changed since the last time I played with it.

Who has the most recent demo/tutorial that’s relevant to the current version of GR?

I was going to check out the Electronisounds walkthrough videos on YT but they’re a year old now.

No, it hasn’t changed in a long time. I think it’s fully baked. People are just still asking for things.

• @skiphunt said:
    Oh geez! There are STILL changes being made to GR16?!

His videos are still relevant. Which changes are you having trouble with? Perhaps we can help.

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

The last feature additions were about a year ago, and if I recall correctly there was an indication that they were the last ones planned.

• edited December 2019

@espiegel123 @wim ah, ok. I just keep seeing this thread updated with more requested changes and such. I lost track and decided to put it away until it was mostly finished.

After getting and enjoying Pure Acid, decided it was time to revisit GR16... the sequencer seems a lot different and much less straight forward than it used to be.

I spent time with it in the beginning so it shouldn’t take long to get back up to speed. I kinda like the pace and clarity of the Electronisounds dude's videos, but wondered if being a year old now meant they were no longer in sync with the current build.

• edited December 2019

@wim said:

@FrankfurtLyon said:
    A last great request,

This is easy to overcome outside GR-16. For instance, AUM can route more than one midi channel to an app so that it responds to all. Or, simple apps like mfxStrip can convert one midi channel to another.

If I understand you correctly, you can do this already with Settings > MIDI in Mode set to Poly.

@wim said:

@FrankfurtLyon said:
    A last great request,

I dont know, witch the highest Midi-ppq Resolution works on this 2 Apps.

Nevertheless,
    Midi in :
    Then is trigger all the 16 Tracks . Not only 2.
    GR16 has not a Rec-active Button for seperate Tracks.

MIDI out:
    the CC-Number of an Parametre is the Same on all Tracks.
    So it stays at 16 Knobs per MIDITRACK

• @skiphunt said:
    I spent time with it in the beginning so it shouldn’t take long to get back up to speed. I kinda like the pace and clarity of the Electronisounds dude's videos, but wondered if being a year old now meant they were no longer in sync with the current build.

Nothing has changed regarding the sequencer or workflow, the videos are still valid.

@FrankfurtLyon said:
    Nevertheless,
    Midi in :
    Then is trigger all the 16 Tracks . Not only 2.
    GR16 has not a Rec-active Button for seperate Tracks.

Like @wim said, you have to switch from Omni to Poly mode if you want to sequence or play individual tracks. That's how MIDI works.
    The "Rec-active" button is the selected MIDI channel of your sender.

MIDI out:
    the CC-Number of an Parametre is the Same on all Tracks.
    So it stays at 16 Knobs per MIDITRACK

Yes, and that's great: Same CC for each of the 26 parameters under control but on a different MIDI channel for each track.

• edited December 2019

no comment :)

maybe, you can read my post again right :)

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

@FrankfurtLyon said:
    no comment :)

maybe, you can read my post again right :)

I read it exactly the same way, and agree with what @rs2000 has said. Think it’s you that is not understanding what we’re saying. But OK.

I don’t think there’s any chance of those features being implemented at this point in any case.

• because my english may be inaccurate :)
    I say it like that:
    Up to now, you can not send 32 controllers for one channel to the outside synth and not play 2 sounds melodic simultan inside gr16, without additional software.
    i think thats has nothing to do with poly omni.

• @FrankfurtLyon said:
    because my english may be inaccurate :)
    I say it like that:
    Up to now, you can not send 32 controllers for one channel to the outside synth and not play 2 sounds melodic simultan inside gr16, without additional software.
    i think thats has nothing to do with poly omni.

You can either sequence 16 melodic parts independently inside GR16 or using an external sequencer using MIDI channel 1-16.
    For this to work, you need to use Poly mode.

• yes and i just can get drink a beer without poly omni :)

• @FrankfurtLyon said:
    yes and i just can get drink a beer without poly omni :)

Cheers for 2020 🍻