Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Did we talk about this? KORDBOT

Comments

• This a NDLR have some overlap. I like Gaz’s setup with the Touché.

• I have the Kordbot and think it will be amazing eventually. The software needs more development, but it seems to be happening. There’s a closed group on Facebook that is a pretty good source of information.

• @ksound said:
    I have the Kordbot and think it will be amazing eventually. The software needs more development, but it seems to be happening. There’s a closed group on Facebook that is a pretty good source of information.

when are you expecting the next update?

• I’m hoping for March, and would be surprised and disappointed if it wasn’t out by June. Here’s a link to the closed group:
    https://facebook.com/groups/130956730793928?ref=share

And two posts that give some insight into where things are at and going:

• edited November 2019

I was looking to this today and thought in iOS apps doing similar things... Anyone wants to share its approach to this?

@kobamoto Did you sell finally yours?

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    I was looking to this today and thought in iOS apps doing similar things... Anyone wants to share its approach to this?

long gone

• @kobamoto said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

long gone

How was work with it?

• Per my older posts, it did get an update this summer, but still no sequencer. The dev is the same person making the SP-2400, and is up-front about spending most of his time on the SP-2400. He's definitely scattered, sometimes bordering on unprofessional, but has good ideas and seems to make good products overall. Completing the KordBot OS will be a good way to gauge if he can follow through on ideas or just has big ones, but it's about three years since the Kickstarter, so people in the preorder may have made up their mind already.

I like the Kordbot, but it's still not where I'd like it to be, particularly with button sensitivity. It hasn't gotten fully integrated into my setup yet because it's not overly fun to use, save the chord buttons.

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

@kobamoto said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

long gone

How was work with it?

ksound's description is spot on in my opinion, kordbot was a mix of good and could be better

• Thanks @ksound @kobamoto.

I was wondering how useful for apprentice keyboardist like me could be as composition and learning tool. It's not so expensive but maybe there's an app doing something similar or better...?

• Looks like a great controller for the sole purpose of working with chord progressions but that’s about it. As a general purpose controller, despite having a lot of control per square inch it doesn’t seem to do anything else to well. Pads don’t look too good for finger drumming, the small chord buttons seem a little small for clip launching and the keys themselves seem rather thin and wobbly.

At this price point with software chord progression tools I can’t see myself spending the money required. The price seems right though as a lot of components have gone into building this thing, including the screen.

Funny Gaz should say that it is strange that the buttons on the left play notes top to bottom. Circuit works in a similar way and I didn’t find it awkward at all. Not sure what exactly the standard would be, autoharp?

• Gaz has a kinder outlook on everything... kordbot is cool but definitely doesn't have the same level of build as the circuit.