Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ampify Groovebox update with improved piano roll

This release features some great improvements to the pattern editor:

• Easily move around and visualise your pattern using the navigation bar

• Play, hear and record notes by tapping the note name for each row

• Easily change the volume or quantisation of notes while navigating your pattern

This version also fixes various bugs, including an issue with Audiobus.

I'm finding the piano roll a lot easier to use now :)

Thanks @AmpifyxNovation for the updates :)

Comments

• It‘s fantastic seeing the updates to the app :smile:

• Hangs at startup on iPhone 7 iOS 12.2 🧐

• Some times it’s the simple things which have the biggest impact.

• @AmpifyxNovation thanks. Lately I’ve been using mostly your apps to compose.

Thanks for fixing Audiobus bug too.

• edited November 2019

This is all very smooth, navigating long patterns is much easier.

Noticed that moving notes has become a silent process, thanks very much @AmpifyxNovation

• edited November 2019

It's terrific. It's an up. A change. A move forward. All is well. Except for, you know

WHERE THE MERRY HELL IS THE GODAMMNED PANNING KAREN?

• @AndyPlankton said:

This release features some great improvements to the pattern editor:

• Easily move around and visualise your pattern using the navigation bar

• Play, hear and record notes by tapping the note name for each row

• Easily change the volume or quantisation of notes while navigating your pattern

This version also fixes various bugs, including an issue with Audiobus.

I'm finding the piano roll a lot easier to use now :)

Thanks @AmpifyxNovation for the updates :)

@Faland said:
    Hangs at startup on iPhone 7 iOS 12.2 🧐

Hi,

If you're still having issues with this please do drop us an email at [email protected] and we can try to help :smile:

Thanks

Beth

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    It's terrific. It's an up. A change. A move forward. All is well. Except for, you know

Thanks for all your feedback everyone. Of course, this request has been noted :smiley:

We're looking forward to getting some more exciting features out to you soon.

Beth

• @Faland said:
    Hangs at startup on iPhone 7 iOS 12.2 🧐

Hi,

If you're still having issues with this please do drop us an email at [email protected] and we can try to help :smile:

Thanks

Beth

Sure, thank you Beth!

• edited November 2019

Very cool update. I’ll splurge for a few packs now. If we get automation recording within the next year I could see myself becoming a bit addicted to this.

• @AmpifyxNovation said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Thanks for all your feedback everyone. Of course, this request has been noted :smiley:

We're looking forward to getting some more exciting features out to you soon.

Beth

Very sorry for calling you Karen, Beth. Appreciate your calm consideration. And panning.

• @AudioGus said:
    Very cool update. I’ll splurge for a few packs now. If we get automation recording within the next year I could see myself becoming a bit addicted to this.

I honestly think I would spend most of my musical day inside this thing if there was automation....(yes, and panning, but the automation is more magical making etc).

• edited November 2019

It's fantastic. Congratulations on making The OP-1 of iOS Apps™!

I mean, we can copy and move multiple notes now!

• edited November 2019

@AmpifyxNovation Really like the changes. Nice work.
    Now that I’ve used it a bit you know what this new view is screaming for. An Automation lane beneath the step sequencer lane that allows us to see what we’ve automated via the instrument controls...and allows us to fine tune the automation. 👊🏼™️

Great work team.

• @echoopera said:
    @AmpifyxNovation Really like the changes. Nice work.
    Now that I’ve used it a bit you know what this new view is screaming for. An Automation lane beneath the step sequencer lane that allows us to see what we’ve automated via the instrument controls...and allows us to fine tune the automation. 👊🏼™️

Great work team.

For sure! That AND automation!

• very grateful for awesome update! Nevertheless, continue dreaming of full multi channel midi in. That would mean so much more to me than modulation cause i could do that externally i think from X2. But all in all; really enjoying this awesome app!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

I honestly think I would spend most of my musical day inside this thing if there was automation....(yes, and panning, but the automation is more magical making etc).

+1

• +me too ❤️❤️❤️❤️🤗🎹

@ecamburn said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

+1

• Updated with Ableton MIDI export..

• @RajahP said:
    Updated with Ableton MIDI export..

Can it export automation?

• what is ableton midi export?
    Have I seen that before?

• edited November 2019

@ExAsperis99 said:
    what is ableton midi export?
    Have I seen that before?

I think it just means that the Midi is sent in the Live Export. Have been waiting for this for a while!

Once opened in Live you have access to audio and midi on separate tracks.
    I think this is one of the final steps to take this app from iPad only to a part of a larger workflow that includes computers.

Well done Ampify!

• Personally I think it’s pretty useless really since I don’t have the full version of live, and you can’t access the individual midi clips. (Unless someone knows a way)

• Yes. What an exclusive update. I really hope it is the precursor to general midi out.

• This is a great update, I would prefer an option to select midi only then it could have more than 4 midi tracks in live lite.

• @AmpifyxNovation : I’d be all in on this if I could automate the instruments, have them exposed to MIDI in AUM. Just that.

• @GrimLucky said:
    This is a great update, I would prefer an option to select midi only then it could have more than 4 midi tracks in live lite.

In the screenshot above, it looks like you can export just MIDI already.

• Are there any iOS MIDI apps that can open an Ableton project ? To enable access to the MIDI outside of Ableton ?

• This app makes clips nicely. Now I just want a proper clip sequencer in the app.